How much would you pay to have a negative review removed?

Mikey P

Administrator
from Google, Angies, Yelp or Kudzu?

$100?

$500?

$1000?

Would you do the job for free is they threatened to leave you a one star?

Would you scoop up a fresh dog poop?

I get so much work off Yelp I think I would do all of the above to keep my 5 star rating.

I was blackmailed once to do the job for lower than our minimum or else... :oops:

but 99% of our Yelp clients are awesome.

Name
Ron lippold
Re: How much would you pay to have a negative review removed

I gave a 700 dollar check back on a horrible review. Once she got the check, the bad review was down in 5 minutes..i hate people like that.

Connor

Name
Connor

Reminds me of the fat chick at the chinese buffet, eats ten plates of food, complains that it's no good, comes back the next day.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Do you really think ONE bad review would have any affect?

I think if you have a lot of great reviews. The affect of 1 bad one would be miniscule.

I was wondering about you getting lots of jobs from Yelp.

Do your clients specifically go to Yelp instead of doing a easier Google search?

(Google searches kills all others by 75% and 25% left for the rest)

Yelp reviews were getting a lot of visibility when they were on Google place.

Now that Google has dropped Yelp reviews, are you seeing any difference?

Here Yelp is dead.

Name
I'm Rick James

I've never had a bad review, but get a shit ton of work from YELP. I think most do a google search and see my Yelp listing and from there I get the call. Just by reading the other companies on there I have one of the best listing in town which translate into a big up tick in work. I also do a YELP deal too.

It's reviews like this that makes the phone ring.

I chose Go Green from the previous Yelp reviews, so I had high expectations, and I was not disappointed! Brent was on time, called ahead to keep me updated, and did a brilliant job with our carpets. I was especially impressed with the smaller details, plastic wall corner covers to protect our walls from the hose, mats to cover all the hardwood floors, signs marking wet carpet, styrofoam pieces to keep the legs of couches up off the carpets while they dried. He was also knowledgeable about a specific ventilation staining that we had along the walls and how to correct it. I appreciated the time he took and the fabulous job he did. I will be calling Brent again without reserve. Thank you.

mcatt

Name
Mike

No I would not and I did get a 2 star review from a competitor I guess on my places page without any text, just the stars? I responded nicely saying we did not receive a call or have anybody in our system by that name. We do offer 100% money back guarantee and this must be a review for another company or a competitor trying to give us a bad image.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill

Nothing.
I did get a 3star review from an Asian customer who called on our tile and grout cleaning special. Once I get there and demo we find out that mop & glo or similar is all over the tile and grout and will need to be stripped. I explain, adjust the price, get the ok and proceed to do an amazing job.

The client seemed very happy but, leaves a review on google saying how it was a bait & switch and on and on. I was PISSED! I sent him an email that was firm yet professional and the review was down later that night.

This is to me the very scary thing about the online world when it comes to service types of businesses like all of ours. I swear some owner will end up hurting somebody who leaves them a bad review, especially if it's uncalled for. I feel bad for restaraunts mostly that get blown up. Some people love em and others hate them. Food taste is so variable.

S

sam miller

Connor said:
Reminds me of the fat chick at the chinese buffet, eats ten plates of food, complains that it's no good, comes back the next day.

She was just really upset about the stomach ache the bad food gave her nothng to do with 10 plates at all!

That was just a snack! :shock:

S

sam miller

Brian just realized he could make alot more money on bad reveiws! Iseeru

Were all screwed! :shock:

I pay nothing not a dime You hear me!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Delete the listing and start over... If it's really bad. Better than paying a grand!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

sam miller said:
Brian just realized he could make alot more money on bad reveiws! Iseeru

Were all screwed! :shock:

I pay nothing not a dime You hear me!

There are companies that will post bad things around the net about other companies and then sell you a service to have them removed.

It's like extortion.

Does sound like it might inspire Brian.

Here is a link:

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/023029.html

Shakes, electric, phone and bad review removal.

Connor

Name
Connor

I had a call last week about a lady who said she could get me all five star reviews. I told her that free wifi at starbucks could get me the same thing, but I wasn't interested in either her or the starbucks method.

Connor

Name
Connor

I had a guy who found me on yelp, picked me because I was the only claimed listing.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I wouldn't pay shit to remove a bad review. I know what type of work I do and if I got a bad review from someone, they wouldn't be seeing me again. BTW- Never heard of Yelp.

Connor

Name
Connor

Doug Cox said:
I wouldn't pay shit to remove a bad review. I know what type of work I do and if I got a bad review from someone, they wouldn't be seeing me again. BTW- Never heard of Yelp.

With the dubious nature of anonymous reviews, you may not have ever seen them in the first place.

rhyde

Name
rhyde

UM, That's actually called blackmail and blackmail is a crime when it's done over the net it's a federal crime 18 U.S.C. § 873 punishable
by a year in jail and large fines.

call the police

hogjowl

Idiot™

The police would most certainly be all concerned while taking your call and toss it right in the trash. They don't have unlimited time or budgets.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

I wouldn't sweat it, never got a call from Yelp person. Maybe I will check and see if I have one.

had an Angies list repeat customer call (didn't know she was a member), she said she was very happy with the last cleaning and asked if we would lower the price
told her yes if she vacuumed and moved the furniture, she did and she gave a great comment on Angies list

so you don't worry about the BBB

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

I don't think that the BBB is very relevant any more.

It has been replaced by online client reviews.

I only had 10 views of the BBB last year and 5 or more of them were from me.

I suspect the rest were from the BBB making several calls to sell me a membership.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy

I wouldn't pay at all, sounds like blackmail. My ex gf runs a nutrition store here where they've had some bad reviews on Yelp...she told me to respond to the reviews on and Yelp will remove them within a week. I got a bad review from a guy because I couldn't make it to his $130 CCing job @ 4:30 on a saturday while I was cleaning and sealing travertine across town...he wrote a fargin novel BBQ'ing me...I responded/apologized and it was down in less than 5 days

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

New review today-

Royal cleaned our furniture and did a fantastic job! The furniture looked brand new when they were finished. They were professional and very pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for cleaning services!

rhyde

Name
rhyde

Marty said:
The police would most certainly be all concerned while taking your call and toss it right in the trash. They don't have unlimited time or budgets.

Sure they would anytime you see the words "large fines" there's interested.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard

Well I got a bad review recently. It was legit. I had a job that a tech was on that turned out to be a much much bigger job than we expected. We weren't able to make it to our last appointment of the day and the lady refused to re-schedule. Wrote a blasting review about how un-professional we were. I took the time to respond, apologize and let her know in the response how much we cared about our customers based off the positive reviews. Also you can do, much like I will do is bury the review. On google they only show the first 5. So if you get five more reviews the bad review will disappear.

I also believe that having a bad review is not necessarily a bad thing. If you have good reviews and you respond in a caring way then customers will still feel comfortable calling you.

bigmanny0822

For me having nothing but good old 5 starts reviews is very important, but I don't think a bad review will cause so much damage. If you believe you did your part, why not just reply back to the bad comment and let others know exactly what happened? Some customers are more understandable than others, some think being 5-10 minutes late for an appointment is not such a big deal others do.

Connor

Name
Connor

I have a friend who only books guaranteed appointment times in the morning, Anything after 3:30 p.m. is "the wait". They might be there right at 3:30 or you might wait until they get caught up, no promises as to the time.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Here is the negative review I recieved today:

Nancy ? - today 5 stars
Dave and Kyle did a great job getting stains out of my carpet that I thought would be there forever. They were on time, gave me a nicely priced estimate before they got started, and were done in a jiffy. Thanks Dave and Kyle!

Connor

Name
Connor

Dave and Kyle, Dave and Kyle, Dave and Kyle.

all your reviews sound the same, Dave and Kyle.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member

There are only a few times so far that I have had problems with customers and my work..probably less than 5 times a year..but I only do about 300 jobs per year or whatever. When I go and fix it if I can..Im always very very cool about it..but I leave the impression that if they were to say or do anything, I would hit them with the old "Brooklyn Shut'm Up"

it works :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom