How often do you grease your blower?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
My new tm has a roots 45. With grease fittings. Its actually 2 years older than my older tm, but sat on my distys shelf brand new. I'm use to dual splash. I changed the blower oil at break in at 25 hours........the owners manual says every ten. That can't be right

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
Shawn Forsythe
m742g8.png

Greasing:
Going by the blower manual table, it's going to be vaguely somewhere in the "ballpark" of between every 56-168 hours, depending on speed. However, a TM OEM may specify a different interval based on considerations of the particular equipment design. But, every 10 sounds a tad on the short side (unless you were referring to the initial oil side change).

Oil change:
Is highly dependent on the type of oil being used. Some blowers are initially filled with the synthetic the blower manufacturer recommends. Others are filled with a conventional non-detergent oil. You see below that calculating the interval can get a bit complicated. Often the OEM will consult with the blower manufacturer for a recommended interval after looking at temps and loading, taking also into account high-heat lobes, if present.

10r25x5.png

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I would suggest that changing the oil and greasing the blower are not the same thing. There are zirks in/on my blower that I hit with the grease gun every week or two if it was a slow week. The oil however is a different matter and I do all the fluids every 500 hours. Except the engine is every 50.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Joey, I grease my 6008 every 50 hours or there abouts. The small bearing usually takes about 25-30 squirts the larger bearing about 5-10 more than smaller bearing. Change oil every 500 hours.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The biggest thing Joey is to grease it slowly. As stated in your manual there, you need to make sure not to over grease. We put a couple shots a week with a manual grease gun. Don't use a pneumatic.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I have changed the oil twice in 11 years on my blower, i grease it once or twice a year if i think about it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
my roots 59 was greased every 50 or 100hrs, I rigged it with remote grease fittings then gave it a shot or two while it was spinning.
Oil was every 100hrs, using Mineral Lube 30. Thats what the guy I bought the truck from recommended, back in 96. He'd been running it like that since 1980.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
dealtimeman said:
The biggest thing Joey is to grease it slowly. As stated in your manual there, you need to make sure not to over grease. We put a couple shots a week with a manual grease gun. Don't use a pneumatic.

You can "overgrease" the blower fittings. Blow out a seal. I popped a bearing cap off by overgreasing.

Remember....you don't want to blow a seal!!!!

Check out seal video....

http://youtu.be/2OpuuAa7gdE

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i blew the seal out of mine from over greasing it . hey Marty, blow me i had to pull the blower to replace the coupler so i put in a new one without fittings.

i thought that the specks for the synthetic oil was around 5000 hrs., which is when i changed mine. it looked and smelled brand new.
gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
not mention if you over grease, it causes premature bearing failure....due to not allowing the bearings to spin freely..(clogged with grease)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom