How Slow are You???

Ron K

Two person crew. Third time there last cleaned 2 years ago. Small office...Hall....Small Bedroom....Master with attached Bath area and Walk-in Closet. Vac-Pre-Spray-agitate hall and clean hall twice-Extract-Groom-Speed-dry. We always leave an Air-Path so customers can get things dried up faster after we leave. We're giving him the invoice 1 hour latter and I notice the customer looking up at the clock. Office was dry, hall was almost dry.
How long would this take you?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'm by myself and including: walk through & advice, filling out invoice, pre vac, moving stuff/tabs/blocks, Setting up truck, pack up, get paid and so on. I'd say yea, I could have 3 rooms & hall done in an hour of actual machine time.

Total time for me would be around two hours, assuming they are not furniture hoarders. It's the other crap(not cleaning) that kills my efficiency/time. Average job normally takes about three hours, for me.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I rarely move much furniture in bedrooms or offices so I would say that I would be there around an hour total, by myself, assuming its not completely filthy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am totally dialed into sq. footage pricing. I didn't see a s.f. figure, so I have no way of telling.

You room pricers are complete LOOZERS!

Ron K

I am totally dialed into sq. footage pricing. I didn't see a s.f. figure, so I have no way of telling.

You room pricers are complete LOOZERS!

Office area 8X10 Hall3X15 Small BDRM12X12 around Queen Bed night stands MBR12X16 Open areas around King BedNight stands and one dresser Walk in 7X7 Bath 5X8 No Furniture to move 100' hose run.
So how long and How Much?????

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Oh yeah add $46 for the SG they will sell them also so total invoice about $140. If possible they will also add on furniture or tile cleaning esp as the customer sees how great the carpet is looking :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Able 1

Name
Keith
1 hour alone, 45 mins for two guys.. I would love to watch anyone that takes any longer then 1 1/4 hours to clean a job this small to see how inefficient some guys clean.

Reactions: Ken Snow

hogjowl

Idiot™
Either my reading comprehension sucks, or you write poorly, so I may not have this correct. From what I read, you moved furniture in only one BR, the rest was open areas only. Total of 550 s.f.

Easily done in an hour with prevacuuming, prespray, and extract ... however, you scrubbed the hall and cleaned it twice. When I scrub, I really scrub ... with a rotary ... and that takes a bit longer. I am probably a better cleaner than you, because I never have to clean anything twice, I will assume the second cleaning of the hall was unnecessary.

Soooo ... it MIGHT have taken me an hour and a half tops with two guys.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
you cleaned like 400 sq feet or less. I wouldn't expect you to be there more than an hour with a one man crew. My price would be around 125 or so.

Ron K

Marty whats your phone number and please shut Mickeys Board down for me cause you are the best and if I ever have any questions or comments I'll call you directly cause you are the only one I will ever listen to because you are the best, boy I hope you will take my calls because you are the best and I don't think I could live with out knowing you I can't believe they don't call this Marty's board because you complete me and and and a nd did did did did I tell you you are the best I think I love you man I think I've found my Bro-mate. The only thing that could screw this up is if I found out you were from Alabama or something......!

Reactions: hogjowl

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Office area 8X10 Hall3X15 Small BDRM12X12 around Queen Bed night stands MBR12X16 Open areas around King BedNight stands and one dresser Walk in 7X7 Bath 5X8 No Furniture to move 100' hose run.
So how long and How Much?????

2 man crew , 'bout an hour from start to finish ...unless the rooms were a mile apart in different areas of a large home and we had to cover a mile of hard surfaces to get to the rooms

"How much"??
More than some, less than others

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
334-365-3340

I don't answer most long distance calls.

I don't answer if I am taking my nap.

I don't answer if I am in the tub (Saturday nights)

Otherwise, you can leave a message ... wait 5 minutes ... and then call me back.

May be I'll answer ...

Ron K

334-365-3340

I don't answer most long distance calls.

I don't answer if I am taking my nap.

I don't answer if I am in the tub (Saturday nights)

Otherwise, you can leave a message ... wait 5 minutes ... and then call me back.

May be I'll answer ...

You didn't clarify. You're still on the 2C network?.....Two cans and a String.

You can try to send me a Smoke Signal but since the new pot law passed it's a little hazy out here.

Reactions: hogjowl

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Lets see,

20 minutes to talk with the client and measure the place, bring in corner guards and entry tarps, stage furniture tabs and blocks and bring in airpath, 20 minutes to set up the van, 90 minutes to run renovatator, prevac, prespray, rotary extract, replace furniture, groom pre-spray, wipe down baseboard, pressure wash porch and entry, collect the check. 15 min to load van. 2 hrs 20 min working solo. 550 sq ft @.60 sq ft=$330/145*60=$136.75 hr...I can afford to take my time. I'm old, why hustle? just charge more.

Next week I'm cleaning at a famous local historic House, doing a touchup on their Wilton carpets. That 380 sq ft will take ost of the day, but at $4.00 a sq ft, it's OK.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
WE hardly move anything in bedrooms or offices. Maybe the chair and the nightstands. Wouldn't need to wipe down many baseboards. In and out in one hour with 1 or 2 guys. I'm not sure some of you guys even know how to carry hose in let alone clean.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
OMG more than 60-90 seconds to set up and repack and I'd fire myself!

:razz: you're kidding i assume ;)

nice pricing Paul. my focus isn't resi and still i rarely charge that much, i respect that and will learn from it.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
2 man crew definately 1 hour, one man 1hr 15 min @ 144.00

looking at these prices maybe I better not go up in April!

Mikey P

Administrator
Finally opened this thread..

Does Paul Brown really pressure wash every porch and real way?

For my son and I, I would guess about an hour and ten @ $250 with out an incentive off

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Finally opened this thread..

Does Paul Brown really pressure wash every porch and real way?

For my son and I, I would guess about an hour and ten @ $250 with out an incentive off

it should read porch and entry way.
i always do, I'm pulling hoses out anyhow. I want to get the dirt that someone might walk in. Women love the fresh clean porch.
It lets me purge whatever is in my solution hose with water. That way, if the next house has wool carpets I don't have to worry about any alkalinity issues. Works for me an my customers love it. I have no advertising except word of mouth from clients and stay booked up pretty much year round.

Last edited:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
$140 in and out if 45 minutes and one of us would be standing around with nothing to do at times

1 to 1:10 solo

if it isn't filthy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom