How to dry a carpet in three strokes

Dan Joner

WOW! Today we did a living room that had chocolate pudding all over it - the dog got into it. We were just fifty feet away so instead of removing 100 feet of 2.5" to get to the 2" we just used the 2.5. After making a couple of clean stroke and before doing any dry strokes, I felt the carpet to see how wet it was. Well, we could barley feel any moisture at all. After three dry stroke is was almost completely dry.

It was amazing to see how well this worked. I guess I'll just have to go 2.5 all the way. Good thing we have glides or I doubt we would have been able to move the wand.

Great fun playing around with all that Vortex power.

Customer was amazed at the results.

Dan Joner

I took it over to JonDon the other day for them to look at it. Randy Hyde also asked me to stop by when I was over there, so stopped to see him. We compared Vs. Randy's is only about 6 months older than mine, but there sure are some significant differences between them.

We ran the trucks side-by-side. The new one is quite a bit quieter.

Blueline is doing a good job listening to suggestions and implementing the changes.

I had to beat Rand off of me because he want to steal my truck.

Name
Ron lippold
no dry in 15-20 minutes

I think the more water you use the more suck or lift you get.

It is crazy but it works

and anyone with girleee hands you must wear a glove

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
the reason you don't get wicking is because the carpet dirt is flushed out. It dries fast and no dirt to wick.

(nobody gets all the dirt but high flow gets more of it)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Thats what i was going to say adam..

works like a glorified spotting claw...flush the water in....suck the water out

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Dan Joner said:
We ran the trucks side-by-side. The new one is quite a bit quieter.

Blueline is doing a good job listening to suggestions and implementing the changes.

I had to beat Rand off of me because he want to steal my truck.

Very nice truck Dan, it's much quieter lots of little improvements Blueline is listening to cleaners suggestions

come on Dan I'll trade you my truck and throw in a couple rug doctors......it's CRI approved :roll:

vordoctor.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Try that kind of flow on commercial carpet and deal with the wicking.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Try that kind of flow on commercial carpet and deal with the wicking.

Or some Berber..............

someone correct me if I am looking at this wrong............

someone spills a coke............you go in and are doing your walk threw before you start to clean.......and notice the spill..........

now we all know that is there was a spill it is all the way into the backing and probably into the padding.................

So you are going in with all this high powered suction.....and a garden hose for jets and cleaning this carpet and tell me it is not going to wick back.......

Even if you flushed it out of the fiber and dried it in a reasonable time......

A nice hot humid day would bring it back up out of the backing/padding if it was not removed the right way........would it not......

learn me here....what am I missing......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I can attest to the dry in 3 strokes. When my clients carpet was almost dry to the touch running 2' wand with holed glide, 2 -03 jets at 400psi, at 200' (1st 50' is 3") with a 59blower @ about 12-13"hg and 200F ATT, it only makes sense that at 50' with 2.5" all the way to the wand it will feel dry that fast.

One question that has been on my mind about all this high flow.
At what point is more flow just "more"? ie, if the carpet is clean with 4-04 jets, or whatever, why go higher?

Also, is the purpose of going to that high flow to flush the soil that is "in" the carpet or the soil that is "on" the carpet? ie after a proper vacuuming there really isn't that much soil left.

Getting more performance, ie vac, with higher flow is similar to the way the water claw works. The wetter the carpet the more effective it is.

Greenie

" So you are going in with all this high powered suction.....and a garden hose for jets and cleaning this carpet and tell me it is not going to wick back....... "

Jim, you can clean that same coke spill with a 100 psi porty and it could and probably would wick back, the water flow has nothing to do with wicking, wicking is all about what you leave in the carpet.
Maybe I'm missing something here, what makes you think your Vortex would leave that carpet any wetter with higher flow?

You actually stand a greater chance of leaving it wetter with less flow and multiple passes (the portable syndrome), than you do with high flow and one pass.

Just for the record, you can stand in front of your Ti wand with two garden hoses and it's amazing how well the V will suck it right up.

There is no such thing as Over-Wet...only Under-Dry.

Have you ever heard the phrase Only In America.

How about the word innovator.

There is something special about a veteran, in that the USA means so much more.
We are on a planet in outer space with billions and billions of planets, but on this planet we have a place unlike any other, the USA.

THAT SOME ONE WILL GIVE THERE LIFE TO KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS, AND JEFF IS ONE OF THESE PEOPLE.

I think if you look in the dictionary for the word innovator, you see a photo of Jeff, Also, Jeff’s sidekick, Lisa is the most forward thinking person that I’ve ever known. She actually makes EINSTEIN seem like a elementary child. I’m not trying to knock EINSTEIN, but the comparison is true for Jeff and Lisa.

For and example, here we have all these truck mount manufacturers and we all claim that we are big time, state of the art, engineers. Building bigger and bigger truck mounts with bigger and bigger blowers. Then along comes Jeff, saying you dumb asses bigger and bigger is like making a car with more horsepower. You are not adding bigger tires to use the more horsepower, and you are spinning your tires more and more. (For example: the 2 ½ “ hose and his wand concepts.

I just want to say that Jeff is a very special guy in this industry and I hope to meet him one day and get a photo of us together and get and autograph like people do with big time movie stars.

d20d_1.jpg

TimP

I got the greenhorn and crank up the psi on my truck and increased the lift to 15hg. I can say that I am impressed with the drying ability of the holed glide and 2" wand. I'm putting down more water and I'm taking up more water and leaving the carpet much much dryer. All this without upgrading to 2.5" I don't know for sure how long it takes to dry but the carpet feels almost dry, if I had to guess anywhere from 1-4 hours depending on carpet. Less time on loop pile olefin due to the lack of yarn to hide the moisture.

It makes total sense to me more flushing/dryer carpet = less wicking, better results Just my opinion.

Mikey P

Administrator
JHC Jim,

You got the 2.5 and Manifold right?

And you have not even tried 012 yet?:shock:

A single wander like you should be at at least 18 if not 24 flow by now.

Get with the program or I'll have to ban you for just plain stupidity.

You have a Vortex dude, use it.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm running higher pressure on my new machine but I 'm still doing the same job. Please explain someone? I personally would rather have more heat than more flow.

Name
Ron lippold
Doug you will find that you will clean much better with more flow. Not just my opinion I have had both and with 24 flow I am still cleaning with 220 water at the machine but you can hardly hold the wand, more water more dirt and better cleaning faster dry times

TimP

I can run 500 psi and the greenhorn. Right now in the summer I can go out to the truck after cleaning and I see 230-240. If I let it sit of course 250. I get a good bit of steam when I run the greenhorn and I get a click in the trigger valve after I clean a good bit when I'm cycling through the solution hose reserve quickly. It's good having both.

Back
Top Bottom