How to get rich & piss off the competition!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
By plastering your entire city with signs like these!!!

if you don't get rich at least you'll piss off all the competition.

i collected 8 signs in a single day of normal driving.

Does anyone think this is a good method of advertising?

should i get about 10,000 of them printed?

signs_illegal.jpg

Burtz

illegal signs or not why was it your right to remove them

are you now going in inforce all the laws in town that are broken

great work Barny

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
Fuckin' up the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gklM1AiZX0s9]

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Illegal or not if you remove them from a private yard isn't it larceny?

At lease you now have the picture of the stolen signs and statement of guilt plastered all over the Internet which should make prosecution easier.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Dave Yoakum said:
Illegal or not if you remove them from a private yard isn't it larseny?

At lease you now have the picture of the stolen signs and statement of guilt plasted all over the internet which should make prosecution easier.

The zoning department gave me their blessing to remove these signs from public property as it falls under their littering ordinance.

So,

Do you think it's okay to plaster the entire city with em? It's certainly cheap!!! a lot less than a yp ad.

hey, if the general consenses is it's ok to post illegal signs regardless of city ordinance then perhaps i'll order a boat load of them from China.

maybe even come to your town and hire the homeless, give them a pallet of signs, a case of nails, and 5 gallons of Night Train wine and tell them to go for it!

what do ya think? Good idea or not... Cuz i don't really GAS. Besides, you know the saying, "if you can't beat em join em".

so quit beating-off around the bush and pointing fingers at me. I want to know if you approve of posting signs even if it's against city ordinance?

lets hear it!!!

Name
Ron lippold
I hate that bastard he plants those signs everywhere. I pull them down as well. Play by the rules... shiteatinggrin

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Dave,

web advertising is one marketing strategy and not everyone can be #1 on google.

we're talkin about putting up signs. any fool w/ hammer and nail can do it!

For the price of a good website, SEO, and pay per click i could purchase about five thousand of these signs.

i want to know your opinion of posting them in public places!

does it work? will it make you money? has anyone had success doing it? any problems with the law or competition?

don't worry lippold, i have no intention of defacing our beautiful city with signs. However, i wouldn't mind plastering someone elses city with em! shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Let's hear it Yoakum! This applies to everyone.

Would it be cool if i came to your town and plastered it with my signs?

Their shouldn't be any complaints as long as it makes me money. right?

Name
I'm Rick James
Lets invite those two companies on here and get them some help in the website department. Thier numbers are posted on those signs...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
George III said:
Dave,

For the price of a good website, SEO, and pay per click i could purchase about five thousand of these signs.

does it work? will it make you money? has anyone had success doing it? any problems with the law or competition?

don't worry lippold, i have no intention of defacing our beautiful city with signs. However, I wouldn't mind plastering someone elses city with em! shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

You must pay a lot more for the web than I do. My monthly outlay would only buy 2 signs at most. Your pile of firestarter would of devastated my entire yearly web budget.

I think that shotgun advertising is usually not that productive. Signs in public right of ways usually are illegal and the authorities should be informed and take care of it.

Sometimes people here get the smart idea of plastering coupons on windshield at the Walmarts and they get fined for littering.

I do think those signs could work if they are placed in clients yards with permission.

Then it might bring up conversation/referrals with the neighbors and avoid breaking laws.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Burtz said:
illegal signs or not why was it your right to remove them

are you now going in inforce all the laws in town that are broken

great work Barny

Wow! Insecurity issues or what?

3758-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Better go answer the door George - I just phoned those dudes- they may come over to see you- for tea and crumpets of course! :lol:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Did you get out and collect those signs while you were in your cleaning van?
Seriously, I have much better things to do with my time.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
No signs. They detract from the image you want to project for your company.

And do you really want to be cleaning four rooms for $99.00?

The customers you charged $200.00+ for four rooms wouldn't be happy to see your signs for half-price.

Also, those signs suggest that carpet cleaning is a commodity, with no distinction for quality.

Take down the illegal signs if it makes you feel better. I wouldn't bother. They probably don't have a negative effect on your company. They may even remind your customers to call you.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I knew my company was one the right track when I completely stopped looking at all competitor ads. I could care less what they do and that they do it for 80% less than me.

Let them advertise how they may and what they may.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Dave Yoakum said:
[quote="George III":pj2uhn68]Dave,

don't worry lippold, i have no intention of defacing our beautiful city with signs. However, I wouldn't mind plastering someone elses city with em! shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

You must pay a lot more for the web than I do. My monthly outlay would only buy 2 signs at most. Your pile of firestarter would of devastated my entire yearly web budget.

I think that shotgun advertising is usually not that productive. Signs in public right of ways usually are illegal and the authorities should be informed and take care of it.

Sometimes people here get the smart idea of plastering coupons on windshield at the Walmarts and they get fined for littering.

I do think those signs could work if they are placed in clients yards with permission.

Then it might bring up conversation/referrals with the neighbors and avoid breaking laws.[/quote:pj2uhn68]

Thank you for the honest input Dave!!!

I agree with you.

Signs posted in client yards might be sort of classy. Signs lining both sides of the boulevard is an absolute discrace.

btw, you can purchase signs like those for less than a dollar each. probably even less if purchased in bulk.

you guys with your snide comments aren't following the logic all the way through to it's logical conclusion.

in other words, ahhhh... never mind............. thathurts

cheers!!!

Burtz

is this guy kicking your asses big time come on does he have a vortex or is he kicking you with a portable

what would you have to worry about

let the city take care of him

unless your going to play cop and start turning every one in who breaks a law in your sight

sounds like it's just sour grapes on your part

no wonder you get your driveway egged

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
There is a dude here in my neck of the woods who for years has taken a can of spray paint and covers up the phone numbers on illegal signs. He must carry a ladder, I have seen it done 15' high. This guy does not care who it is, he is not just doing it to the competition.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What about yard signs? When you get somebody that wants to know what they can do to get a better deal tell them you will take x amount off if they let you put a yard-sign in their yard and pick it up next week. They only have to put the sign up if they are satisfied with the cleaning, and get the x amount off anyway. Would this be a way to get a job that is on the fence or scare them off?

Becker

Name
Becker
Do you only take down those advertising carpet cleaning?

If so, you are focusing on competition, and not they act of illegally placed signs. 2 wrongs do not make a right. I'd leave the issue to the city or county.

I'd step away and not let it bother you.

I see them all over my area, one was hanging outside my old neighborhood of 100 homes.

The exit of my old hood came to a T in the road.. The sign was dead ahead.

I never saw the guy in my hood the whole time I lived there.

I see similar signs daily.

If the county or city was so concerned in your area, they wold easily be able to track him down and levy fines.

Name
Ron lippold
these guys put these signs all over town, never once have i seen them in a yard. I just wish they paid by the rules. They would know you cant do that for 69- 99 dollars and pay the bills.

Burtz

'He can have the customers who will actually call him from the signs."

yes those customers only looking for a killer deal
wait like groupon right

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom