'How to' OP cleaning manual!

Rex Tyus

I don't see anything wrong with John selling the book. I think it is a good idea. If he wanted to include it with the purchase of a new machine it would be value added. Why should he give his knowledge and experience away. As most know I disagree with many of the claims of en capping, including but not limited to OP cleaning but I hope he does well with this endeavor.

John G

John is just trying take more money from carpet cleaners. If his system was so great, and he were smart enough he would give away his manual or even put it online. The fact that he is selling it tells me it is just bullshit!! Just like how he brags about how his machines are so much better than clarks because it shakes more. All I found was that his brute was exactly that when trying to maneuver. Now I'm turned off OP. I prefer my rotary. But then I do have a real carpet cleaning machine. A Truck Mount!

I have used brute OP, cimex, rotary, crb encap and have found the tm ALWAYS CLEANS BETTER. Yes there are uses for the other machines to compliment HWE.

Way out of line there Brad, first off when you go and clean do you expect payment? If you do then you are a hypocrite, how dare you charge for what you do and what experience you have?

Two, I have NEVER said my equipment "shakes" more than Clarks, the oscillation on our machines are IDENTICAL, so that was a load of crap. We have different head types because of differing brush or pad driver systems. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are doing such a better job with a TM, YOU are probably the guy who needed the manual the most, LOL.. but like you said, I shouldn't charge for three months work and drawing from 35 years experience, but you will go out today and charge people for you cleaning with only 2 years in business?

Now, did you got free classes to start carpet cleaning when you bought your first porty or tm? How many of you got a free manual that was exhaustive to the method, NOT THE MACHINE?

Just a couple of years into the business and you already expect everything for free? GOOD LUCK!

I agree with Jeremy that a machine specific manual should be included with each machine, but what does that have to do with a method, business and marketing manual? No manufacturers of OP machines offer such a manual, maybe Jeremy and I will produce them, remember, I am NOT a manufacturer anymore but you put the onus on me? How about all the other SUPPLIERS? You expect them to produce material for the machines they sell but do no make as well?

LeeCory

I have not checked, but I am sure John would not go so low as to "sell" the manual to those that purchase machines from him. It is probably for sale to those that purchase other machines.

Is this right John?

Nevermind.... I read further

Yes John, I think your manual should be included for those that have purchased your machines.... because it is not as easy as just spraying and wiggling. your customers should have guidance.

Yes other manufacturers give it away for free....

Bane Clene They sell you a machine and the classes are FREE, and it is very good.

You already have the cost built into your machine.

And yes I think your competitors will create similar guides and include them with their equipment. You should be the leader, not the follower.

John G

Actually all the machine packages have a manual included in them.

As for the price already built into the machine? You would be surprised how untrue that is... LOL

Name
Shawn Forsythe
John G said:
Actually all the machine packages have a manual included in them.

"a manual" ????????? Of course we would expect that they come with a manual.

But is it THE method manual that is the subject of this thread, of which Lee Cory was making his specific inquiry?

John G

The manual comes with all machine packages.. LOL

No Bob, that is just another stupid thing you came up with, Mike Wells was not banned, I LOVE the song he wrote and sang and kept it.

I banned you because you were an idiot, don't confuse that with ANYONE else.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Usage: To Contemn, Despise, Scorn, Disdain. Contemn is the generic term, and is applied especially to objects, qualities, etc., which are deemed contemptible, and but rarely to individuals; to despise is to regard or treat as mean, unbecoming, or worthless; to scorn is stronger, expressing a quick, indignant contempt; disdain is still stronger, denoting either unwarrantable pride and haughtiness or an abhorrence of what is base.

HOW CHRISTIAN OF YOU

John G

You wouldn't know a Christian even if he was all dressed in Lavender Bob... LOL

Happy to see you get the idea now though...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Only ONE Real Christian over on that dried up decrepit board of yours...and that's Anna! What a sweet sweet lady!

You could learn.........

LeeCory

That's cool John, I figured it was probably for sale to those that did not buy your equipment.... as it should be.

Do you have a link where those that have purchased your equipment can download if from?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
these are a list of some of the things John put in his manual that i certainly feel go above and beyond OP machine training, know-how and maintenance:

Know how to sell OP (You can not make money till you can sell it) 12-17

Know what you are about to clean. (You can not fix what you do not understand) 18-25 Know your friends (and keep them) 65-70

Know your enemies (and how to win the war) 73-81

Know how to make more PROFIT on each job. (few have ‘too much’ money!) 82-83

Fully illustrated OPE manual with tips, troubleshooting, instruction,
marketing aids, everything you need to know about OPE cleaning.

so why shouldn't he charge for these?

i know another Distributor of a different line of OP machines that SELLS a similar package when he distributes that OP machine...never heard of it OFFENDING anyone else before...some are too sensitive :lol:

thanx --- Derek.

Bob, your funny! Here you are acting like a jackass, ( not saying you are one, just acting like one) and someone dares to not put up with it, and then you accuse them of not being a good Christian. Just because John doesn't put up with your crap don't mean he don't love you. Feel better now?

LeeCory

There may be nothing wrong with selling it. But... I've heard so many times when someone didn't have excellent results that it was because they didn't know how to use the machine, or master the method. I would think that it would be a good idea to have an army of people using his method that knew what they were doing. I think it would be better for business to sell machines and actually teach them how to be successful with it.

The machine will one day need to be replaced and a happy customer is a future customer.

LeeCory

The manual comes with all machine packages.. LOL

John, maybe I am still misunderstanding. Does it only come with new machines sold or does this include people that purchased machines in the past?

I've purchased 2 of your machines, and got one free.... does that count? :)

Brad_Smith

it's not wrong to sell the manual. But it is stupid for john not to sell it. Whatever your machine is john it is not smooth.

BTW. When I bought a bane machine in 92' they included a 5 day course from people with much more experience and knowledge than john and his crew.

G

I didn't get a manual when I bought my machine either.

I can't even get john to sell pads to me PADS. WTF?

He won't reTURN my cAlls OR eMAIls.

AnD why THe HEll WOuld ANyboDY have such a long THRead And NOt mention mE evEn oNCe?????

G

NO, He hAtes ME mORe. Just asks hIm!

He and Patty PRay aGainst me eVery nIGht.

RIGht NOW hE IS mAddEr thaN hEll at mE and iS spITting ON the FLoor wHilE he PAttY rEads THis To hIM!

JUST Go OVer tO THE BluE and ReAD ABOuT all THe NAsty thIngs THAt thEY SAy aBouT meEE.

THEy NEvEr mEntiOn You ANy More.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I would pick one up, but we are pretty much done with op, we use of a crb machine and we feel is more useful for us, we had a problem with the handle on the 17" machine from the beginning and have not used it much and the the 15" machine is being traded for a dehu.I am sure the manual will be useful for those the are getting into op or adding it to there business.

All The Best, Rob

John G

Chris ConNer, who is that?

JimMy, I ALWAYS answer your emails, even the one word ones.

LeeCory

John,

For those that have ordered your machines in the past, is there a version of your new manual that can help them master the method and be more successful with the machine? Maybe you could take the marketing things out of it or whatever is in it that is above and beyond the mastering of the method info. Maybe that way you could help your customers and still have an additional product to sell them for marketing.

The reason I ask is because I don't think you saw my above posts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom