how to use a water claw?

steve_64

how long does the water sit on the carpet before it is pulled up with a water claw? do you soak it down so that it penetrates the backing and pad and sub floor or are you just flushing the surface over and over? a latex backing doesnt allow much water to penetrate easily or quickly does it?

and if you soak it enough to get to the sub floor are you then spreading the spill?

ive done some flood work and i know you can pull water through the backing but i also know that if you hold your wand in one spot while triggering the valve the water doesnt penetrate the backing as much as it just gets pulled up the vacuum after traveling along the surface of the backing. i would think you would have to flood the area and give it time to soak down and then extract but that would also spread the spill below the pad leaving a larger area to deal with.

what am i missing?

for instance ron lippold runs what 24 flow at high pressure. is he blowing water through the backing? wouldnt that be bad for the backing especially with high heat? and im not trying to say anything about you ron, just using you as an example here. hope you dont mind.

i think of ron because someone talked about jetting a water claw in this manner. i would think you would have dump gallons of water on a spot and give it time to get to the sub floor through the backing and soaking through the pad to even reach the sub floor to have any impact on removing a spill. and giving it dwell time to release or reconstitute the dried substance enough to pull it out.

maybe im over thinking this?

steve_64

so is it worth the time effort and cost to use a water claw compared to using product to counter a problem spill or piss?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
how long does the water sit on the carpet before it is pulled up with a water claw?? I assume you are talking about treating urine?? Depends on what you are treating, and what product you are using to treat. Most OSR type urine treatments are 15-30 min. do you soak it down so that it penetrates the backing and pad and sub floor or are you just flushing the surface over and over? You would usually be trying to get down to at least the pad, and sometimes the sub floor. Some things to be considered would be the severity of the problem, the size of the dog, type/thickness of carpet/pad and the subfloor material. I'm not a big fan of the five gallon bucket technique, because it's difficult to control how much water gets to the subfloor. I like to at least try to use the least amount of solution to get the job done. Chances are the accidental "pittle" of a 2 pound Pomeranian didn't make it to sub-floor, whereas larger breeds let more volume go at once, which will travel deeper and possibly through the pad. It takes somewhat of an educated guess, depending on your "investigation", as to how much you want to soak it. a latex backing doesnt allow much water to penetrate easily or quickly does it?

and if you soak it enough to get to the sub floor are you then spreading the spill? Always assume the area you are treating is larger than what the surface tells you, and what you are adding IS in a sense spreading the spill/urine, but I think what may be being spread is treated and diluted and mostly removed in the end, and an improvement on the way it was before. I do not believe it is a perfect solution to the problem, but yet a cost effective improvement on an issue, if the customer opts for it after understanding their options..........................yea yea yea ...............pulling the pad is the only correct way blah blah blah.............................

ive done some flood work and i know you can pull water through the backing but i also know that if you hold your wand in one spot while triggering the valve the water doesnt penetrate the backing as much as it just gets pulled up the vacuum after traveling along the surface of the backing. i would think you would have to flood the area and give it time to soak down and then extract but that would also spread the spill below the pad leaving a larger area to deal with.

what am i missing?

for instance ron lippold runs what 24 flow at high pressure. is he blowing water through the backing? wouldnt that be bad for the backing especially with high heat? and im not trying to say anything about you ron, just using you as an example here. hope you dont mind.

i think of ron because someone talked about jetting a water claw??????????? in this manner. i would think you would have dump gallons of water on a spot and give it time to get to the sub floor through the backing and soaking through the pad to even reach the sub floor to have any impact on removing a spill. and giving it dwell time to release or reconstitute the dried substance enough to pull it out.

maybe im over thinking this?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
so is it worth the time effort and cost to use a water claw compared to using product to counter a problem spill or piss?

There is no product that can match the benefit of FIRSTflushing out as much urine as possible.

Treat the residuals, if any, with products as such. (enzymes, live enzyme cultures, deodorizers, etc)

Name
Ron lippold
We don't blast water through the pad. Angled jets and glides we flush the hell out of the carpet and have wicked fast dry times. You have to get the shit out.
sh

steve_64

We don't blast water through the pad. Angled jets and glides we flush the hell out of the carpet and have wicked fast dry times. You have to get the shit out.
sh

ron, do you use the customers water? id hate to pay for all the water you use. water is wayyy expensive here. i fillup at home and bring my own water and i dont dump on site. its been a good selling point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom