how would you bid it?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I put in a bid for a giant hotel which is going to need cleaning on a regular basis . The hotel has several ball rooms and hallways. In addition to the ball rooms and hall ways it has a restraunt which I feel that I put a good bid on. Because the ball rooms are anywhere from 2-7500 sq ft and I will be doing them with a cimex I bid it pretty low at about 13.5-14 cents. I have bid large commercial jobs pretty low when I know I can use the cimex and still made money. I did bid alot higher on the restraunt and guest rooms because I have to hwe with a porty because it is a high rise. Keep in mind in my part of the country commercial carpet cleaning gets bid on lower than most areas. do you think my bid was on track for an account that will have work every month if not every 2 weeks? how would you guys have bid it? ( by the way i am friends with the mgr so I got it for sure , all I had to due was undercut the existing company by enough to be justifiable in switching companys)

Scott Rogers

13 to 14 a square foot. you are likely WAY to high. someone will get that account for less then half that, especially if they will let u encap it

I did a job last week that took 5 hours of non-stop work with me and one helper and one truck that paid 630 dollars. I wouldn't worry about how many square feet the job is just how much you want to make and how long it is going to take. Break the building up into sections and quote a price for each section. Like so much for each hall, room, ballroom, etc. After calculating about how many square feet we cleaned I was probably around .08 to .10 cents a foot for prespraying and extracting. Paid my helper 75 dollars and pocketed 555 or a little over 100 dollars an hour. You will not get the job because for one it is a HOTEL and two your price is fair but they will think it is way too high. They will find somone to clean it for less than .05 cents a foot.

By the way I get calls from hotels all the time and just hang up on them. They want someone to clean for ridiulously low prices and you wont come out ahead.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I was thinking that too especially for a scrub N' Run shampoo job.

But enjoy it while you can before someone comes in and takes it from you.

The illegal immigrant janitor Pedro will be watching you then he'll go out and buy a used cimex off of ebay and do it for $10 an hour.

Never show anyone on the job site what chems you use.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
danielc said:
I did a job last week that took 5 hours of non-stop work with me and one helper and one truck that paid 630 dollars. I wouldn't worry about how many square feet the job is just how much you want to make and how long it is going to take. Break the building up into sections and quote a price for each section. Like so much for each hall, room, ballroom, etc. After calculating about how many square feet we cleaned I was probably around .08 to .10 cents a foot for prespraying and extracting. Paid my helper 75 dollars and pocketed 555 or a little over 100 dollars an hour. You will not get the job because for one it is a HOTEL and two your price is fair but they will think it is way too high. They will find somone to clean it for less than .05 cents a foot.

By the way I get calls from hotels all the time and just hang up on them. They want someone to clean for ridiulously low prices and you wont come out ahead.
well I got the job , I told you guys I was in with the manager. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Jon,

I'm glad you got the job. I always bid jobs based on what I want to make not what I think the other guy will charge. It is true that a lot of those jobs only care about cost but remember that you are selling yourself and your expert services not the price. It isn't the wand that does the job but the person at the end of it. Your job is to explain that to the customer. When they call me for an estimate I tell them up front that I am the best and if they only want a cheap price please don't waste my time. I get better then half of those jobs. Not all large jobs want the cheapest price. There are more then a few people out there that realize you get what you pay for. I'm probably the most expensive cleaner around for commercial but I still get plenty of it because I have a reputation for my work ethics. Just something to think about.

Gene

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brad_Smith said:
encapping for $.14 a ft? Hope your buddy keeps his job.

No shit! $250+ an hour sounds pretty good for one dude and a scrubber!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom