How would you feel about this treatment from a supplier?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I was looking for a 3HT heater a few weeks ago and purchased one directly from Little Giant's website.
I chose a 3HT high pressure unit. On the website they had an offer for 15% off ALL heaters. So when I ordered the heater, I mentioned the offer and was told it did not apply to carpet cleaning heaters. I told the lady it says ALL heaters, no exclusions, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I ended up getting a 10% discount, which was an OK compromise.

Then she informed me there was a $90 surcharge on the heater for the copper that was used. OK. Not listed on the site, but I can see the need.

So the heater arrives in a few days, and I open the box to find the heater was badly dented on two corners. The box is not damaged. I can tell there was a better way to package the heater, and I'm not in the shipping business.

So I call Little Giant and tell the lady about the issue. She asks me what do I expect them to do about it? I'm not sure, I need the heater. She tells me they will send me a new sheet metal case if I want it.
She doesn't offer any apology, explanation, nothing but a piece of sheet metal that I will have to disassemble my NEW heater to install. I could have purchased a used heater at half the price, but I was pretty excited about buying a nice, new heater.

Now I can understand that some in our industry can be hard to deal with when it comes to purchasing from suppliers. I choose to represent our industry with a bit of class so I don't throw a screaming fit at suppliers who drop the ball, I don't raise my voice to people at the other end of the phone - especially females, and I don't make unreasonable demands of people.

In this case I think I received some very bad customer service from the onset of the deal. I was going to replace the heater on another unit, but I think I will be looking somewhere else for that one.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Some times the best way to demonstrate your frustration is to shop somewhere else next time.

On that occasion if you get great customer service come on here and tell us about it too.

BTW who did you get the crusty custy treatment from?

F

FB7777

Only time I purchased a propane heater , I got one slightly used locally dirt cheap

What about talking to Les Jones? If nothing else, Les can steer you in the right direction and fit you with the right unit for your needs

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I bought it directly from Little Giant. Les and I played phone tag for a couple of days and I didn't have any time left. I called 1 more time before ordering and got no answer.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Les isn't the only one that sells little giant heaters. just pray you don't have an issue as they do not warranty any heater that has been installed in a van. Little giant has thee worst customer service period.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
So they don't warranty a product they produce for our industry if it is used for the purpose they produce, market, and sell it for?

That is amazing! But is there an alternative that isn't being made in a garage somewhere?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well the upside is you will most likely never have to deal with a warranty issue. They make a good product. I have no problem selling them just hate dealing with them. They know they make a great product and there really isn't a good alternative so they don't give a rats ass if you complain, where ya gonna go? Much easier to buy through a distributor that cares about your buisness and let "us" deal with the headaches.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I kinda figured that was what the deal was...and if you complain too much and ever need a part...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
That heater looks nice, didn't know they existed. I posted here when I was looking for one weeks ago. Didn't have a number for Duane and his website was down. Kinda weird that I had to go looking for someone to take my money. The site I found for Savage said they were closing shop.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh you did???

humm i usually see those and throw out my thoughts....i have one from silver eagle...and for the most part love it..it has its quirks as they all do....and if i had to do it again and had the money.....i would get the Stainless one

but i want the reliability of a little giant, yet want the ease of lighting from a electronic ignitor. and no hassle of a pilot blowing out

ohhhhh and and the peace of mind of no freeze issues...well unless you were completely stupid

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I called les for some lg parts a month ago.. They told me. They were to busy with chem sales, and to call sunbelt. Because they more than likely stocked the part.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom