Hows your 1st quarter???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mine is DOUBLED over last year :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Now a big part of this is an acct I picked up/took over (My dad had 1 area he gave me...retiring slowly) and last year they just had the carpets done in this 1 area....

anyway its all in full swing....60 or so houses getting done every 6-9 mths

and a few more minor accts I picked up, with no loss from last year.....

needless to say, coming out of slow time has been great....

Oh also just firmed up a burnishing acct for 2 17k stores....anywhere from once a mth to every week....(i let them decide based on their budget....)

been going well....

how about everyone else??

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
How much does one get for burnishing vs strip & wax?

As to sales we are about even, slower than last year on residential thanks to delayed spring and colder winter than last year and being dropped from places a few months ago. We have picked up a lot of new residential management type accts that have made it about even. But, you know how you get that feeling when you just know that all heck is getting ready to break loose! Well, I have that overwhelming feeling right now! Plus we just reappeared back to #1 on places.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jan-Feb sucked, March kicked ass!

We have been rockin and rollin all month. Hope it stays this way! :icon_cool:

I heard our radio commercial two days in a row on my way to work, hopefully some of our marketing is working for us.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
every situation is different....this place and its size...i was at $225 for the whole store...which i think is $.015 a ft...but it will take me and another guy (once we get our routine) about 1.5 hrs...with (aside from gas to get there and basics) just a pad...(you dont use 1 per job...you get multiple jobs from it...) about 32oz of neutral cleaner....propane for burnishers... as expenses....

so not a lot of expense buffing....

for stripping i told him normaly .35 a ft....but with the shape of the floor (only 1 year old very little wax) I could do it for .20.....so $3500 to strip...take 2 days me and 3 guys...

But i dont think he will strip right away....craft store so kinda slow...probably to a scrub and recoat...bout 1/2 that amount...unless he only wants the high traffic areas....

we are going to buff 1st then go from there on what he wants.....told him i can tailor it to his needs/wants and budget...

best thing.....itll be a monthly income...

Chris A

Name
Chris
january was up, feb down a tick and march down quite a bit for the reasons billy memtioned, just wont quit snowing.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
This winter has been very busy(compared to normal). Haven't had much of a slow down at all.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
typical slow Winter. we are a little ahead of last year so far.

randy

Name
Randy
Fantastic January & February. March nosed dived. I think all this sequestration crap scared people. Lots of federal workers getting furloughed a few day a month. A friend of mine is losing about $1500 a month, that will tighten things up here a bit.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Up January and February and down a bit in March.

Of course I went out of town a few days in March to see my new niece.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I'm on here too much to check my numbers but I'm about worn out so I think I've done enough.

yea i feel that way to lately....

just got some requests from a few commercial accts....:eekk::dejection::eekk::dejection:

gonna be a good 2nd quarter to.....

now i need to talk to my chimp......:mad:

hes getting married in June...and while i am glad he isnt leaving right now (going somewhere else for school...and to find a girl)....And his future wify said to keep working with me...

he is so twitter--pated its retarded :hopeless::hopeless:

he wants this money for, getting a new place, the honey moon, etc ...BUT he "has a life now" and doesnt want to over work :icon_question:

Really??? I have worked him like 2 days every 2 weeks....because a lot of it i just do my self, and because i know he "has a life" lol...

BUT DAMNIT....when its time to make some money..buck up and work to make the money....cuz it isnt going to always be there...the chance that is...

OHHH and i only want/need him to work mon-wed and not even all 3 days for the next few weeks....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
On Location Cleaning 1.2% under budget
Rug Care Services 23.5% over budget
Flood & Fire Restoration- way down!
Retail sales a little off budget overall.

hogjowl

Idiot™
This thread reminded me to check my numbers. I have been so busy that I just haven't thought to look. Before I looked, I though to myself that it just HAD to have been a good 1st quarter, because I seem to have been so busy. And, I was right. 1st quarter has been really good.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
On Location Cleaning 1.2% under budget
Rug Care Services 23.5% over budget
Flood & Fire Restoration- way down!
Retail sales a little off budget overall.

HA all the unemployeed people must have settled down:stir:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom