How's your Monster running?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Been poky here on iPad mini. Ordered iPad Air to speed things up. Mel has no complaints on Mac at home.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Been poky here on iPad mini. Ordered iPad Air to speed things up. Mel has no complaints on Mac at home.

Mini to air isn't going to change things. The problem is probably your wifi router signal. A better router would probably be a better cure unless your also just looking for a new toy.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Mini to air isn't going to change things. The problem is probably your wifi router signal. A better router would probably be a better cure unless your also just looking for a new toy.
Thanks Dan.

I use my phone as a hot spot while out on the van. Been thinking about getting a hotspot from Verizon.

Kinda wanted a new toy too [emoji6]. Apple lowered the price on last years Air with the release of the Air 2. I picked up the original. Looking forward to the retina display.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hey Dan or anyone else,
I want to get the best speeds at home as I reasonably can. We use Mediacom for service. Should I consider a new router or modem? Is there 1 device that does everything? I think we pay $5 a mont to rent one from Mediacom. It's very basic and must be at least 3 years old.

Thanks!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Hey Dan or anyone else,
I want to get the best speeds at home as I reasonably can. We use Mediacom for service. Should I consider a new router or modem? Is there 1 device that does everything? I think we pay $5 a mont to rent one from Mediacom. It's very basic and must be at least 3 years old.

Thanks!

Sit next to your router and goto speedtest.net. Run the test and see what speeds you get. Then, goto different parts of the house and do the same. You'll probably see a huge difference the further you get from wifi router.

Also, they actually have an app you can get from App Store.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have Verizon fios and I run at about 60/60 download and upload speeds. I disabled the wifi side of the Verizon router and plugged in a apple air port extreme. My signal in the house went from horrible to spectacular.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Looks like your speed is about the same. As you get further does it spit and sputter on the gauge or hold steady?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks like your speed is about the same. As you get further does it spit and sputter on the gauge or hold steady?

Seems to hold pretty steady, as it climbs toward max.

The Clean Machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom