Hugger hand tool for stairs?

Mikey P

Administrator
hugger-2.jpg

Anyone tried one?

Who makes it?

S

sam miller

Ya No it doesnt look like a good idea one more thing to carry.

Billy

Name
BH
I just purchased a new stair tool but really still may look at that tool to see if it does a better job on bull noses. We charge allot for steps so we want them to be as clean as we can get them for our clients.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have one, have had it for at least 10 years. PMF I think.

Don't use it often, but when I do it's the cat's meow.

It's also impressive to customers from time to time, especially when you want to put on a bit of a "dog and pony show".

Reactions: GCCLee

Billy

Name
BH
Lee Stockwell said:

It's also impressive to customers from time to time, especially when you want to put on a bit of a "dog and pony show".

Lee is it worth having on truck really? I already have a Internal Crevice as well as two different stair tools.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Billy said:
Lee Stockwell said:

Lee is it worth having on truck really? I already have a Internal Crevice as well as two different stair tools.
Yes it's worth it to me, and I'd think more so for you. It really makes a difference on stair nosings. Doesn't replace a stair tool however.

You can borrow it for a week or so next time I'm in Nashville area.

Billy

Name
BH
Lee Stockwell said:
Billy said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":1qb2acs2]I have one, have had it for at least 10 years. PMF I think.

Yes it's worth it to me, and I'd think more so for you. It really makes a difference on stair nosings. Doesn't replace a stair tool however.

You can borrow it for a week or so next time I'm in Nashville area.[/quote:1qb2acs2]

Hey that would be awesome, I have been looking at that tool for quite sometime just haven't actually seen one or used it. Next time you are in we need to try to get together for lunch or dinner.

Billy

Name
BH
Mikey P said:
we get a lot of riser-less staircases here.

and deeply spoil embedded bullnoses from the suckers who bought Kirbys..

hmm...

I hadn't thought about that, we get a few but not a lot. Usually we just use upholstery tool on those type.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bloody thing was sold to me as an upholstery tool for getting around those rounded corners on lounges. shiteatinggrin

Works well on both. !gotcha!

Can't believe not many knew about them. :shock:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I believe a bigger version could work even better. One jet above, one jet in about a 45 degree angle and one jet below to create a triangle effect. It would be bigger but it would really kick ass on the nose of very dirty steps. the "below" jet should be a smaller jet because some of the moisture will be traveling down that way already from the 2 upper jet.

Greenglide will be coming out with a 12" 90degree bent glide soon shiteatinggrin

hogjowl

Idiot™
Kenny C. said:
Looks like it would do great on the bullnose but it would be a real pain switching between tools for the tread and risor and bullnose.

For those of us who keep up with current techniques and trends within the industry, it isn't that big a deal to switch out tools. I suppose, if you have to walk out to the Butler and turn the pump off, it might be a pain in the ass, but most of us now have quick-connects and shut off valves on our hoses.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No "Pig in a blanket", we use shut off valves too but it's still a pain to switch tools just to clean some steps.

I like the idea but I doubt my tech's or I personally would switch tools just for the bullnose.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea but he doesn't clean either does he. He was probably just curious and wanted to see if he could design something better.

How bout you buy one and tell me if they are worth switching tools over. :p

Jimbo

They work really good...I have the enclosed spray one...it has a small shield around the spray zone.

I only get mine out for the very worst bullnoses...last time was over a year ago...so I guess I don't like going out to the van to bring it in!...

But still they work REALLY WELL!

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
This tool would be great for the really bad bull nose stairs. You could go back over and detail the edges real thoroughly and work it int the bill. Say $75 for the staircase maybe.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I agree with Jimbo, I've had one or 5 or 6 years now. I bought it from Taf at Magic Wand Co....really works well on soiled bullnoses.

danbrown

I have also had one for at least 6 years. It resides on whatever truck will be doing carpet that day. It makes for the most thorough stair cleaning.

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
Marty said:
Kenny C. said:
Looks like it would do great on the bullnose but it would be a real pain switching between tools for the tread and risor and bullnose.

For those of us who keep up with current techniques and trends within the industry, it isn't that big a deal to switch out tools. I suppose, if you have to walk out to the Butler and turn the pump off, it might be a pain in the ass, but most of us now have quick-connects and shut off valves on our hoses.

Why do you have to walk back to the van to change a tool when using a Butler System?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom