Human urine with cranberry juice and medication in it

Mikey P

Administrator
I got an emergency call that yesterday from a husband telling me his wife was sick, peed on the (unknown type) carpet, about the size of a dinner plate, she was drinking cranberry juice and is on medication, I told him it would be $150 gamble and that it would be cheaper to patch it, he was also contemplating replacing it but still wants me to try

what would be your plan of attack?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Clean it, then use an oxy heat transfer if it's cranberry juice. I've had really good results doing this with a gallon Concord grape juice that spilled. Of course do a color loss test first.

steve_64

Need to see it.

Check for foam in case he tried to clean it but didn't tell you.

Tell him to cover it with a damp towel till I get there to start wicking it up. I've had spots completely removed by the time I get there.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If it's synthetic carpet, saturate with osr, water claw it out, repeat. Any remaining stain, treat with 2 part peroxide/ammonia solution.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I got an emergency call that yesterday from a husband telling me his wife was sick, peed on the (unknown type) carpet, about the size of a dinner plate, she was drinking cranberry juice and is on medication, I told him it would be $150 gamble and that it would be cheaper to patch it, he was also contemplating replacing it but still wants me to try

what would be your plan of attack?

Fresh human urine is usually fairly easy to remove. I doubt the cranberry juice is an issue, but if this is the medication, you might have a more difficult stain to remove. Something with peroxide should do the trick, but its hardest to get out of nylon and wool.

azo3.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The AZO is the problem. A past girlfriend used that stuff and I had a bit too much experience in the removal.

It turns urine dark orange and the stain is challenging, but I always got it out with Stain Magic, which was the product of choice for me during that era in my life. Stain Zone would work as well I'm sure, or your own "Sally's Special Stuff".

Reactions: Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Human urine is more dilute than most pet urine. This makes it easier to remove any staining. However, there is usually a greater volume. Be sure to flush and remove from cushion as well as carpet.

An oxidizer is key. I would use Pet ZONE or OSR for treating carpet and cushion or StainZone, Stain Magic if only treating the face yarns.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The AZO is the problem. A past girlfriend used that stuff and I had a bit too much experience in the removal.

It turns urine dark orange and the stain is challenging, but I always got it out with Stain Magic, which was the product of choice for me during that era in my life. Stain Zone would work as well I'm sure, or your own "Sally's Special Stuff".
So, she was a squirter?

Mikey P

Administrator
This is after just water rinsing to remove as much pee pee as possible

To be honest I'm not sure wtf the fiber is, it's one of those that gets very dark when wet and the wand really grabs. You'd think it was wool, but it has that oily feel and no wet hair odor..

Mikey P

Administrator
First I tried 40 vol and dwell time...

nada

Then I used some steam and 40...

nada

Rinsed and tried Genie Magic and heat

nada

Then Red Zone and dwell

nada

Red Zone and Heat was then tried but it was super slow and one quart would not have been enough..

So I tried the RedX it, which says on the bottle to use heat and almost instantly the carpet turned snow white. :icon_neutral:

But to be fair, the carpet turned a pinkish hue around the Red Zone'd areas.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator

I told her up front color loss was a serious risk when using heat and "dumb" dye removers that don't know which dye is which, but we both agreed what do you have to lose.

She hates the color and will veto hubby for new carpet but I left them a repair guy's number.

She watched the whole time and saw my efforts and assured me that they would not be using Google Guaranteed to get their money back. I gave her all sorts of helpful flooring tips and we talked sex, drugs and rock and roll...

FredC

Village Idiot
View attachment 90461

I told her up front color loss was a serious risk when using heat and "dumb" dye removers that don't know which dye is which, but we both agreed what do you have to lose.

She hates the color and will veto hubby for new carpet but I left them a repair guy's number.

She watched the whole time and saw my efforts and assured me that they would not be using Google Guaranteed to get their money back. I gave her all sorts of helpful flooring tips and we talked sex, drugs and rock and roll...
You sure have fd up a lot of carpets lately..........

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Good thing i see this now, cause ill say that there is no guarantee to remove it. And any cleaning procedure that remove the stain WILL damage the color or carpet or both.

Back
Top Bottom