HWE vs Encap

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Jeff Cross has been all into Infographics lately. Well his new love for them gave me the idea to get onboard with Infographics too. Here's my first one. I plan to offer more later. This one's intended for "carpet cleaners", I'm planning to make something for the carpet cleaner's customers too.

hwe-vs-encap.jpg

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Not if it's done properly. Simply doesn't occur. Want me to teach you the trick for treating recurring spills so they NEVER come back using encap?

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Here's my formula for treating spill stains with a good crystallizing encap product like Releasit.
TAKE YOUR TIME. And follow these steps carefully:

1. When approaching a spill stain, isolate the stain and thoroughly scrub the carpet surrounding the stain with the encapsulation detergent, leaving the stain untouched. DON'T SCRUB THE SPOT - LEAVE IT DRY.

2. Next, aggressively scrub dry passes over the spot. Criss-cross the scrubber back and forth over the stain and continue to scrub continuously for a full minute or two.

We don't want to get the area wet with any additional detergent. This way, the spot is being aggressively cleaned with minimal moisture.

This is not a totally dry scrub; moisture is captured from the surrounding area and is drawn across the spot as the scrubber criss-crosses back and forth over the stain. However, the moisture is being kept to an absolute minimum.

By scrubbing for a full minute or two, the spill stain is receiving an extremely thorough scrubbing.

3. Prepare a spray bottle of a good crystallizing encapsulation detergent and mix the spray bottle 50/50 with water and detergent. This is an exceptionally effective spill stain remedy.

After scrubbing the spot thoroughly as described above, spray the spot with a few squirts of the encapsulation stain mixture.

4. The final step is to make one final quick dry pass over the treated spot with the scrubber to work the concentrated encapsulator down into the fiber. Now the spot won't return!

This trick for eliminating recurring spill stains transformed our carpet cleaning business. It enabled us to sell "Spot Free" cleaning to our commercial carpet cleaning clients. It opened a lot of doors too, since nobody has ever been able to remove spills this effectively before. The only time we ever had a problem is when one of our technicians cut corners and spent less time than they he should have. If you don't spend at least a full minute or two DRY scrubbing each individual spot first - the process is not gonna work.

Wishing you success!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The magic fairy dust, that NOBODY can see goes up in the vacuum with the dirt attached. And they all lived happily ever after. Rick, I do use encap in some situations, but that graphic is downright an insult to any thinking person's intelligence. You can make 1000 square APPEAR clean, but there's no actual dirt removal. You do yourself a disservice trying to sell nonsense.

illustrated-cloth-grimms-fairy-tales_zpsb4bcbd7e.jpg

J

JS41035

It's an infograph for people who are already Low moisture. Not gonna win over a skeptic HWE cleaner. Maybe go with a more balanced approach. Might alienate HWE guys less
Very sharp looking. Would love to have something like that to market encap. Just don't wanna throw HWE under the bus while I do.

steve_64

i have told customers encapping is like using a washcloth verses just scrubbing with your hands.

oops that was padding not actually just encapping.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Jeff Cross has been all into Infographics lately. Well his new love for them gave me the idea to get onboard with Infographics too. Here's my first one. I plan to offer more later. This one's intended for "carpet cleaners", I'm planning to make something for the carpet cleaner's customers too.

hwe-vs-encap.jpg

I like it, would definitely use a customer based one.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Rick I like your product and consider encap a very useful tool for almost any CARPET CLEANER.

Coincidentally I am a CARPET CLEANER, not a TM, porty, op, or pad cleaner. I use all sorts of tools to do all sorts of carpets.

It seems you have a good handle on encap and your infographic can be useful for a one method cleaner with limited experience in marketing your system.

Your assertions about hwe lack veracity.

;-)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I appreciate all you and your promotion of encap have done for the industry however I think it depends on the situation as to which systems or combination of systems will work best for that project.

How about smiley faces and straight faces? ; )
Nice work on the infographic!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Hey guys, the Infographic was meant as a fun way to explain the virtues of encap for "maintaining" commercial carpet. I will agree that HWE has the greatest potential to remove the largest quantity of soil in a single cleaning. But for "maintaining commercial carpet", the facts are the facts... encap is in a league of its own. I know there will be some guys who feel they need to justify spending 50 grand or more on their truckmount setup. They'll likely feel that there's no other way to clean a carpet. I've been at this dance for too many years to not be aware of that. But there's also a LARGE contingency who recognize the merit encap has for commercial carpet care. And that's where I was going with this Infographic. All of the tools are simply tools in the toolbox. Encap is a practical way to care for commercial carpets. HWE can get the job done too. It's all just a matter of which tool is most profitable and most practical in the hands of the professional who is using it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've had similar discussions with John. He had a great tool and system that I felt would benefit any CARPET CLEANER as part of their arsenal. He'd have sold a ton of them, and the consumables to follow. He was just so intent on a negative war with hwe that he couldn't acknowledge any limitations.

I appreciate Rick's contribution to this industry, and each of us. I'd love to edit his infographic so that his beneficial points are made without the negatives.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
And guys you should be aware that I have been a commercial carpet cleaner for many many years. I tried ALL the methods including HWE. If HWE got the job done, I would not have kept looking for a more practical system. I had also read the E-Myth - and I recognized that HWE was never going to enable me to build a turnkey system for my commercial carpet cleaning business. There was simply way too many problems, too many variables, and no easy way to cut techs loose at night to go clean our accounts. Encap changed all that. Sure, we can all get passionate and bleary eyed about HWE, but at the end of the day this is business. It's business! And encap simply makes more sense when it comes to being successful at commercial carpet care. Like I said above, HWE is an awesome tool - a necessary one. But for the day in day out maintenance of commercial carpet, I'd rather shoot myself than have to rely on HWE. :icon_cry:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Easy access to secured sites, and sites that would require excessive hose runs.

Ergonomic benefits that reduce wear and tear on the technician.

Reduced net water usage. (but still leaves 4gal/msf, equivalent to hwe with 75% recovery)

Much quieter for night work or active work areas.

Security and peace of mind not having your rig open and running far from your work area.

more...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Rick I bought the vario from you a while back. I bought it to replace my 175 as a scrubber. It works great. i did some testing with the encapping but I must be doing it wrong because it never looked clean to me. I even tested a 20x20 area in the middle of a job that took 2 days and the next morning It didn't look cleaned at all. You couldn't see the stains but the overall look wasn't clean. I do love the vario with the micro beast pads for scrubbing followed by hwe but I don't see how it can stand alone. Not picking on the process I just don't see what I could be doing wrong.

Gene

Reactions: dealtimeman

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Gene I'll be happy to spend some time talking with you to see if I can help you improve your results. You should be seeing excellent results. So if you're not, then let's figure out what's going wrong. Can I call you tomorrow afternoon? Send me a PM with the best time to talk and the best number to reach you at.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I might take you up on that Rick but honestly I only bought it for a scrubber. I don't have any jobs we don't hwe. I would like to see it work.

Gene

hogjowl

Idiot™
"Bleary eyed" and "justifying" a "$30,000" TM are perfect examples of the counter productive approach PadPrick took.

Encapsulation cleaning is a great commercial carpet system and doesn't need method baiting language to promote it.

In MOST commercial situations I will opt for my Cimex and a good encap scampoo, but not in every situation. In my opinion, you can't be a professional cleaner if you possess a single system bias, one way or another.

Name
Marcus
When I started out 14 years ago I thought I could clean with bonnet or portable or scrubber and portable.....
Didn't work.....I talked to many many resturant owners and there 1 st question was do you have a truckmount...
Wouldn't let me in the front door without one no matter how much I tried to convince them.....
There may be some high rises where you can't use a truckmount, but any manager that looks at encap is going to question where the dirt goes??
I also here some of those encap shampoos are pricey so it's not free......

Reactions: Papa John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom