HWE vs Encap

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I just did my suppliers carpet. The first time I did it, I was horrified at the results, so bad I didn't charge them. The next time, I extracted it and then hit it with a 175 and a pad.Much better appearance but to think I would have left the guck behind that the HWE pulled out isn't a moral option to me. There's no way in this little green planet that just padding, cimexing, or any other form of whirlygigging would have pulled the muck that I pulled out at first. I'm all about getting as much of the dirt out as the most important step in any cleaning process.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have one (only one, thank goodness) restaurant I do on a semi- regular basis. It's always black with grease. Last time I cleaned it was the first time I had my new Cimex, so I figured I try encapping the worst area so I could laugh at all those idiots who say they successfully encap restaurants.

It looked so good that I just encapped the whole thing.

I really don't care where the dirt is.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
This was simply a first attempt at producing an Infographic. It was a fun one to start off with. More will follow. In the future, I plan to produce some graphics that are intended for the "carpet cleaner's customer". So stay tuned, there will be more to come in the future. :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
There are some very effective points to use in the residential infographic such as " steam cleaning with water over 160 degrees damages the carpet by opening dye ports that hold in the color, loosens the taped seams, and promotes shrinkage." Also, " Traditional steam cleaning saturates your carpet with an excessive amount of water filled with soaps and detergents. So you’re left with wet carpets for 1-2 days, which creates a breeding ground for mold, mildew and bacteria. Plus the soapy residue left behind attracts dirt and causes your carpets to get dirty much faster."

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This was simply a first attempt at producing an Infographic. It was a fun one to start off with. More will follow. In the future, I plan to produce some graphics that are intended for the "carpet cleaner's customer". So stay tuned, there will be more to come in the future. :)

Great idea rick, it is always a struggle to come up with professional looking content.

Anything you can do to help will be much appreciated.

Reactions: hogjowl

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
A little heavy handed with the " thumbs down " graphics and spin on the facts.-----Lee S.

I have to honestly agree.

Like I said above, HWE is an awesome tool - a necessary one. But for the day in day out maintenance of commercial carpet, I'd rather shoot myself than have to rely on HWE. ----Rick G.

For a quick over-view, you proved "the other sides" point here.

IMHO, I could care less and really never focus on trying to sugar coat any particular process because they all can be put in good light; or otherwise. I normally share my opinion on all processes as being a benefit at certain times in certain situations. Some, are a benefit, as Rick has mentioned, as for "Maintenance" (between through flushing and cleanings) procedures. I prefer to call this "Cosmetic Cleaning" or appearance cleaning which can be considered an important aspect of keeping up in between HWE procedures.

Anyways, I am sure most here get the message.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
Cross-American corp.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
badtime_zps69ca510f.jpg

J

JS41035

Talk about beating a dead horse.
Tools for marketing encap will help sell machines that do that. I use an iPad for everything since we switched to SM.I love the idea of sharp infographs for marketing.
Rick, I had a pretty good idea about your opinions of HWE. I really do understand your view. But you have to admit that every thread that comes even close to the topic turns into the same stalemate.In the end I think you sell less by wading into the mess.
I'm hesitant to market encap and a cimex as the replacement for HWE. Google cimex. Then encap. Any customer can do that. I understand that most capable managers know that tools alone don't guarantee quality work. But when you start saying things like "turn a new employee into a pro in hours!" It makes me worry.
If I were selling low moisture machines. I would stay with the common ground that most HWE and VLM guys have.

Reactions: Ed Valentine
Name
Marcus
If some of you encap guys are hesitant to do the HWE thing because of the labor on the wand
I can say after using the zipper and the rx20. That the zipper is as easy and less labor than the rotary....

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I service many high rise offices, some which take up an entire floor or two, up around level 15.

My t/m was incapable of reaching these.

My porty was also a failure in that distances to fresh & waste water were a long way away.

Power outlets were at a minimum for air movers, plus the time and hassle getting them to those levels and moving them around.

NO air conditioning, UNLESS I wanted to spend $100.00 per hour for it, it would run the entire building, not just my areas.

Loading that price onto the job made it cost prohibitive.

Consequently, damp carpets, odor & condensation was the norm; which I was not prepared to put up with.

Encapsulation proved to be a winner in this case.

I actually got the original job a decade ago when one client was going to have their carpets replaced.

The carpet retailer told them to contact me, I'm still maintaining their carpets ten years on, plus other clients in the same building.

Shopping malls have also proved to be the same deal, security & safety will not allow the use of a t/m from the entrance/loading dock.

Again, no air con; after hours.

Sure, I could leave air movers and have to go back next day to pick them up, but time is money and these clients are budget conscious, so am I.

Again, Encapsulation keeps them & I happy, regularly.

There are places & times where a t/m or even a porty would excel, especially in the removal of heavy soil situations, but for maintenance, I prefer my Cimex & Sprayborg.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I once sent back a fresh $1.00 bill Joe Polish sent in a letter for reading his material.:lol:

I probably should have kept it but then that's what he expected me to do. I wonder how many others he got back. LOL

Reactions: encapman

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
rick, what is ur take on using a crb like you sell to pile lift and then do a good vac right after. and then start the encap process? i bet even OP guys would benefit from a pile lift and vac combo.

Paul brown on the MF of T bored is a big believer of vacumming CGD before cleaning. I hope he would post more ov er here.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
rick, what is ur take on using a crb like you sell to pile lift and then do a good vac right after. and then start the encap process? i bet even OP guys would benefit from a pile lift and vac combo.

I like CRB machines a lot. Here are a few of their attributes:

1. They have the ability to Pile Lift the carpet prior to cleaning. Recovering soil with the Renovator trays works reasonably well. But the big pus is that it opens the pile - making it more accessible to cleaning. Matted and crushed pile gets pulled open.
  2. They can be used for pre-scrubbing prior to HWE cleaning.
  3. They can be used for post grooming too.
  4. They only weigh about 40 pounds, so they're very portable.
  5. They can be used for dry powder cleaning, if you provide that service.
  6. They also make excellent lightweight Encap Scrubbers.
Here's a couple of short videos I threw together featuring the BrushEncap machine that we sell.

P.S. We currently have the genuine Austrian made machines on sale for just $2093...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Bru...rush-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-TM4br_p_101.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom