HWE vs Encap

Name
Marcus
I don't believe in encamping but I bet rick the encap man has a pretty large clientele and
His crew cleans a lot of carpet.....
For huge commercial jobs there is at least A 30 minute setup and 30 minute breakdown for HWE
Ii believe for most guys about 3-4 hours of straight wanding will wear anyone out....
The zipper or rx 20 can go a little longer without exhausting yourself...
However I bet you could do this encap stuff all day...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
However I bet you could do this encap stuff all day...
Don't let anyone fool you, its still work. You may not be as tired as wanding but you'll still be tired. I had three tech's cleaning just over 15,000sq/ft yesterday at a commercial setting. They spent a good part of the day cleaning and while they didn't come in dragging, I'm sure they slept well.

Name
Marcus
I believe this is the hardest to easiest labor for HWE
1. Wand wo glide
2. Wand with glide
3. Rotary- rx20....
4. Zipper
Don't know how the encap compare to these but if there is some scrubbing action with brush it may actually be more labor than the rx 20 w glides or zipper????

Name
Marcus
I am guessing the encap shampoo is liquid and costs more per 1000 sq ft to cleen
Than HWE with powder chem...
Also that encap buffer is a pricey if I am correct so you are still out some pesos on the cleaning process....
15000 sq ft of carpet is huge...
The most I did in one day was 7-8000 sq ft with one truckmount one helper and office cubicles...
Totally wore me out...I believe I used a wand and zipper combo..I did all the wanding...
I would say about 150o sq ft per hour on this job..
Zipper could probably do 2000-2500 sq ft per hour on wide open spaces.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We buy in case lots and it comes out to about a $1.01 per mixed gallon
Coverage depends on the situation, 500-1000sq/ft?
.002 cent at 500sq/ft, .001 cent at 1000sq/ft

We have (7) Cimex's, we can cut through commercial spaces if needed. In tight cubes 7-800 sq/ft an hour, in wide open 2500-3000sq/ft an hour.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I am guessing the encap shampoo is liquid and costs more per 1000 sq ft to cleen
Than HWE with powder chem...
Also that encap buffer is a pricey if I am correct so you are still out some pesos on the cleaning process.....

A new Cimex will set you back a little under 3 grand. In fact we have them on sale right now. They last for years and years, so the machine outlay amortizes at a very low rate!
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Cim...to-a-qualifying-commercial-address_p_106.html

Here's how the chemical cost breaks down. As you can see, it's very cost effective!

banner1.jpg

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
To put this into real numbers... If I'm charging 15 cents per sq ft, and my chemical cost is 3/10ths of a cent per sq ft, I'll still have 14.7 cents leftover from the 15 cents that I've charged. I can live with that. :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Marcus
Sounds like about the same amount of labor minus the setup and tear down of a truckmount....
You still got to lift that thing I bet it's 50 lbs or more.....so you may strain some backs...I know I had to be careful with my rx20.....
I believe the zipper would keep up with the encap....on wide open areas........
I used to clean a church with long halls 4-5000 sq ft and could clean with a wand in 2.5 truckmount hours...
It was a real workout however....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You still got to lift that thing I bet it's 50 lbs or more.....so you may strain some backs
Its a two man or a ramp deal.

I've lifted it and its not so much the weight but how awkward it is. If you don't drain the tank you'll dump encap solution on yourself. :redface:

BUT that leg is now cleaner than if I had showered. Really!
smiley-char048.gif

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sounds like about the same amount of labor minus the setup and tear down of a truckmount....
You still got to lift that thing I bet it's 50 lbs or more.....so you may strain some backs...I know I had to be careful with my rx20.....
I believe the zipper would keep up with the encap....on wide open areas........
I used to clean a church with long halls 4-5000 sq ft and could clean with a wand in 2.5 truckmount hours...
It was a real workout however....

Maybe on 1 job a month but over 100's of jobs its not even close.
Encap is going to bring in way more profits over the long term.

We do both.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom