hydramaster 2 vs saphire upohlstery tool

Well , I think it's time I drop some money on a good tool, Not sure what way to go,

Would like to hear from those who have used bolth, what do you like better? Do they bolth dry the same or will one leave fabric drier than the other?

And I need a good price, who to buy from?

Thank you

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I like the SS tool much better. At first it seemed a little harder to use because of having to squeeze the trigger. (I know you can lock it open, but that seems awkward too) After getting used to it I wouldn't clean with anything else. I can clean a couch fast with this tool. It seems to dry about the same.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I has a rough start with the SS, but now I really like and it is my go to tool. The HK rarely gets used these days. That said, when I need to crank out a trashed micro fibre, the HK is twice as fast.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I turned in 3 hymaster tools due to the chrome gliades falling off now have the saphire

kind of wish I had tried the kinetic

Thanks for all the help guys! Saphire it will be,

Thanks for the offer Larry, I will place an order with you by the end of the week.

jwfoulk

I have both. I no longer use the Hydramaster do to the metal glide always coming off but the vacuum hose on the saphire is horrible and was always collapsing. Once I replaced this i like it much better but it does suck buying a new tool and having to modify it immediately. I do miss the site glass that is on the Hydramaster though.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Hm 2 is the best. It does not snag anything. I have the new ss tool. When ur doing 200 church pews who wants to hold down a trigger on the ss? Not me. It doesn't clean as deep down either kinda like their stryker wand. Go for the hm. And ur hose won't kink either.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
Nate W.
joeynbgky said:
Hm 2 is the best. It does not snag anything. I have the new ss tool. When ur doing 200 church pews who wants to hold down a trigger on the ss? Not me. It doesn't clean as deep down either kinda like their stryker wand. Go for the hm. And ur hose won't kink either.

I'll buy your SS since you don't like it.... LMK

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
+2

Yea I'll take that off your hands if Nate doesn't want it. Good chance to get "some" of your money back now that it's used and doesn't work that well. :p

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I need it for my other van. Untill I can afford another dm. Lol just wish I would have bought the dm this time and not wasted money on this crap.

Just placed my order Larry. Marrie took my order and was very nice. Thanks for the good service. Can't wait to try this thing out!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Untill I can afford another dm. Lol just wish I would have bought the dm this time and not wasted money on this crap.
Which version of the dm? I have the last one, I'll trade you then we both get what we want. I loved the early versions of the dm, but this one never gets used.

Think about it if you really want to switch PM me and I'll get you some pictures of what it looks like.

Name
Nate W.
Jules said:
Untill I can afford another dm. Lol just wish I would have bought the dm this time and not wasted money on this crap.
Which version of the dm? I have the last one, I'll trade you then we both get what we want. I loved the early versions of the dm, but this one never gets used.

Think about it if you really want to switch PM me and I'll get you some pictures of what it looks like.

Bradda is all waha....

Bet you a fi he doesnt...
Bawb on Nate The Great's compter....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If I wasn't using the Hydrokinetic, I'd buy a SS.
There are some things I like about the HK over the SS and some things I like about the SS over the HK.
If you're worried about the hose kinking, just replace it with some 1 1/2" superflex. I did that with my HK and gave myself about 20ft. Works great.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
joeynbgky said:
I have the new ss tool. When ur doing 200 church pews who wants to hold down a trigger on the ss? Not me.

I wouldn't want to clean that many chairs with a triggered tool either. But you do know that you can lock the trigger on the Sapphire tool and use it 'triggerless' don't ya Joey? :oops:

If if you want it to clean deeper, simply adjust the control knob so it flows more solution.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I've tried (and owned) a pile of tools. Nothing has made me a happy camper. I borrowed a Mytee Lite extractor this weekend and shot my own couches. Picking up my own machine today. I will never, ever, in a million years run my TM for a piece of upholstery again. I hooked up an old simple Westpak tool with the spray shield and I murdered my couch. Noooo back and forth to the TM, no g.d. hoses to set up. I think of the hours I've burned my Kohler, Roots and Cat cleaning cushions and it makes me sick.

That being said, I do hope one of the above tools floats your boat.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know what you mean Scott I bought a small 8-gallon portable just for upholstery. However after using it, the advantages to me of the TM quickly sent the portable back to the store room.

The TM was faster to setup, no bucket brigade, extreme heat when needed and much faster drying. So while it sucks to have the extra costs of the TM, the benefits outweight it for me anyway.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:shock:
LOL

Hey I was a kick ass cleaner in the 80's

RichardCarpetTech-2.jpg

I still like to play around with new upholstery tools.When we buy a new style I'll take a truck home and see how well they clean.

Name
Nate W.
Jay Hawk said:
:shock:
LOL

Hey I was a kick ass cleaner in the 80's

RichardCarpetTech-2.jpg

I still like to play around with new upholstery tools.When we buy a new style I'll take a truck home and see how well they clean.

Parachute pants! FTW!

Doesn't look like you changed much uncle Richie!

jgalves

I own the Sapphire upholstery tool and I wouldn't think of going back to my old hand held stair tool that I was using on carpet cleaning jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom