HydraMaster Acquired by Bluefin Global LLC

HM_Vector-Logo-full-color-wTag-2015.png
HydraMaster Acquired by Bluefin Global LLC

Morten Mathiesen, Nilfisk Group Senior Vice President and General Manager for HydraMaster has announced that Bluefin Global LLC has acquired HydraMaster from its owner, Nilfisk. Bluefin Global’s vision is to continue the positive trajectory that HydraMaster has recently experienced and to realize the business’ full potential. The current leadership team for HydraMaster will continue to be an important part of this new company. The HydraMaster leadership team will be supplemented the owner of Bluefin Global LLC, Josh Howard, who will step in as CEO of HydraMaster. Mr. Howard brings with him several years of international leadership experience in the cleaning equipment industry.

Morten Mathiesen stated, “The vision for Bluefin Global and the HydraMaster Team is to continue the positive trend HydraMaster has experienced in recent years and to realize the business’ true potential”

Bruce Daw, VP of Sales for HydraMaster stated, “Having an ownership group that is closer connected to the cleaning and restoration professional will ensure that we can re-establish the entrepreneurial spirit upon which HydraMaster was built. Our distributors and the cleaning and restoration professionals that invest in HydraMaster equipment can be encouraged by the focus of this new ownership group on their success. We are excited to enter this new chapter for HydraMaster with an extended vision for the application of the quality products we manufacture.”

Josh Howard, CEO of Bluefin Global, stated, “Over the last 47 years, HydraMaster has pioneered and built a legacy brand that is the recognized leader in the carpet and restoration equipment industry. The future vision is to continue the great legacy of HydraMaster while building and investing in the people and customers of HydraMaster. A strategic plan for the future will be focused on how HydraMaster can evolve from good to great while leaving a lasting impact on the people and industry around them. I believe the greatest days are ahead for the HydraMaster company,and with the dedicated and talented team at HydraMaster we will do great things in the cleaning industry!”

HydraMaster’s global headquarters will remain in Mukilteo, Washington at their present location.

For more information on HydraMaster, contact your local HydraMaster Distributor, visit our web site at www.hydramaster.com or call us at 425-775-7272

For more information on this press release:

Contact Doyle Bloss, Marketing and Brand Director for HydraMaster at doyle.bloss@hydramaster.com

About HydraMaster:

HydraMaster is a leading manufacturer of truckmounted and portable carpet and hard surface cleaning and restoration equipment, chemicals, and accessories. The company has been manufacturing for over 45 years and has led the way in innovation, reliability, and longevity in equipment performance in the cleaning and restoration industry. HydraMaster has distributors located throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and China.

About Bluefin Global LLC

Bluefin Global is an innovator in the manufacturing and developing of carpet cleaning and restoration equipment. With decades of experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, Bluefin has developed a global network of partners who are dedicated to helping the end user succeed in their daily business. Bluefin continues to develop solutions for it’s global partners as they strive to be the leader in the carpet cleaning and restoration equipment industry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Mikey P

Administrator
Credits
From Doyle..

"Our industry has had plenty of companies gobbled up by larger and larger corporate entities, including when Nilfisk purchased HydraMaster from Mike Palmer and Steve Brandt. Most of the large manufacturing companies in our industry have to answer to distant stockholders. We are thrilled now to be the first company to move back to being owned by an entrepreneur – a family man with an extensive background in the cleaning industry. Josh Howard is the owner of Bluefin Global, which is an investment company. We appreciate all that the Nilfisk company did for HydraMaster, but our management team feels that our distributors and customers are best served by a company owned and operated by a hands-on entrepreneur. The company is remaining in Washington in the same building we are in now. Yes, we all still have our jobs and opportunities for growth and expansion, but just like your employees, we have to earn that right every day by doing everything we can to take care of our customers and help our company achieve profitable growth. If you think the enthusiasm we feel is fake, then you don’t know us very well. Most of us have worked for family owned companies before, and we are glad to be doing it again."

Cleanworks

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
From Doyle..

"Our industry has had plenty of companies gobbled up by larger and larger corporate entities, including when Nilfisk purchased HydraMaster from Mike Palmer and Steve Brandt. Most of the large manufacturing companies in our industry have to answer to distant stockholders. We are thrilled now to be the first company to move back to being owned by an entrepreneur – a family man with an extensive background in the cleaning industry. Josh Howard is the owner of Bluefin Global, which is an investment company. We appreciate all that the Nilfisk company did for HydraMaster, but our management team feels that our distributors and customers are best served by a company owned and operated by a hands-on entrepreneur. The company is remaining in Washington in the same building we are in now. Yes, we all still have our jobs and opportunities for growth and expansion, but just like your employees, we have to earn that right every day by doing everything we can to take care of our customers and help our company achieve profitable growth. If you think the enthusiasm we feel is fake, then you don’t know us very well. Most of us have worked for family owned companies before, and we are glad to be doing it again."
So if Blue fin is such an innovator in the carpet cleaning and restoration equipment industry, what have they manufactured or developed, or is that just a bullshit line.

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Credits
Name
Doyle Bloss
This is not near as complicated as some are trying to make it. Bluefin Global was a Florida based entity (not San Diego, or 15 other companies named Bluefin) that Josh formed soley for the purchase of HydraMaster. His past other investments or businesses were not part of Bluefin. It is now HydraMaster LLC. Essentially, Josh Howard bought HydraMaster from its owner, Nilfisk (In the US, Nilfisk is better known as Clarke and Advance). Josh owns the company now. There is no investment group, Russian Spies, Kardashians, or anyone else involved. He is the owner now, and his my boss. Josh is looking forward to sharing more of his story (past, present, and future) with the Mikey's Board and Mikeyfest crowd if they are interested. In the short time I have known him, I have found him to be genuine and authentic. It is great to be working for a successful entrepreneur again.

Cleanworks

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
This is not near as complicated as some are trying to make it. Bluefin Global was a Florida based entity (not San Diego, or 15 other companies named Bluefin) that Josh formed soley for the purchase of HydraMaster. His past other investments or businesses were not part of Bluefin. It is now HydraMaster LLC. Essentially, Josh Howard bought HydraMaster from its owner, Nilfisk (In the US, Nilfisk is better known as Clarke and Advance). Josh owns the company now. There is no investment group, Russian Spies, Kardashians, or anyone else involved. He is the owner now, and his my boss. Josh is looking forward to sharing more of his story (past, present, and future) with the Mikey's Board and Mikeyfest crowd if they are interested. In the short time I have known him, I have found him to be genuine and authentic. It is great to be working for a successful entrepreneur again.
I just want to know what their involvement in carpet cleaning and restoration was prior to their purchase of hydramaster.

FredC

Village Idiot
Credits
I agree......

except how long have they been pursuing hydramaster because they have been importing tennant machines, blowers, etc as Bluefin (being filed as Bluefin in DE in 2/1016) since 2016

I don't really care that much...I looked because Mike asked me what the K stood for.........that statement about bluefin group being formed solely for the purchase just seemed odd

Keenan

This would be cool
Josh is looking forward to sharing more of his story (past, present, and future) with the Mikey's Board and Mikeyfest crowd if they are interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

sOOper hero

Number 5
Credits
Name
Larry Capitoni
wasn't any mystery Rick

a big baller in Fl that owns an investment co increased his holdings and expects to reap benefit$
(nothing wrong with that)

could be a good thing, bad thing or not much different thing for HM
Be a year or three before we (or Doyle 'n crew) know that

HM is a good outfit
I think most of us here are hopeful it's a good thing for them .

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

encapman

Credits
Name
Rick Gelinas
wasn't any mystery Rick
Seemed like a mystery. Bluefin pops up and acquires Hydramaster, yet nobody in our industry has heard of them. But I thought Doyle’s explanation cleared it up nicely.

I agree that Hydramaster is a top-notch company with a great reputation. Hoping for good things to come!

Last edited:
Reactions: sOOper hero

Latest posts