Hydramaster Rotary Dri-Master

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Well I just bought a Dri-Master, and still cant seem to get it to clean very well, or I guess it cleans ok but just very slow. I tried turning up the psi witch helped and took out the restrictor. Maybe i'm just used to the RX-20.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
You'll find it does well on level loop berbers with the right chemistry, it can also do a good job on cut pile, if it's not to dirty. It is slow and I just find it hard for me to let a rotary "do the work for me" I am to impatient. To make up for the slower pace of cleaning hilite the quicker dry times and charge a little more. I have one and was taking the jet glides off to clean everything up and replace a couple and several screws were seized and broke right off when I attempted to take them out. I took the thing apart to get better access to them and it is at my brothers machine shop now waiting to have them removed, but hes not very optimistic that it can be done without drilling the holes out and making them bigger.I haven't used it in quite a while now.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I think the rotary DriMaster is a great tool for a specific purpose - getting bonnet-type dry times with the low residue of HWE cleaning. If a carpet isn't trashed and the customer wants fast dry, pull it out. If you're cleaning traffic areas or dirty deep pile carpet, use an RX-20 or Rotovac.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have one I'd sell. Its just collecting dust. Needs a new plastic shroud/cover. Last one I bought was $80.00. Make me an offer.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I paid way to much to give up now! the problem with carrying 2 to 3 rotarys is there's no room unless your driving a bus. Rx 20 drymaster 175 and bingo was his nameO!

My prob with drymaster was its slow and doesnt deep clean, its better without restrictor and psi up but its no RX20.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I used one on every residential job that I had for years. I first started cleaning @300psi with it and had 30 minute dry times. It was slow at that psi. I turned the pressure up to 600psi and cleaning got much faster and dry times were 1-2 hours. I am able to clean much faster with the wand than I can with any rotary extractor, so I needed to charge more. When given the choice to pay less with 4-5 hour dry times or pay 20% more and get 1-2 hour dry times, most of my customers were choosing the lower price."

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I think the rotary DriMaster is a great tool for a specific purpose - getting bonnet-type dry times with the low residue of HWE cleaning. If a carpet isn't trashed and the customer wants fast dry, pull it out. If you're cleaning traffic areas or dirty deep pile carpet, use an RX-20 or Rotovac.

I used to use the Drimasters all the time and agree with Great Oz 100%. I used to charge more for the rotary and faster dry times. It was an easy upsell. Got 2 nice DM's for sale cheap if anyones interested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom