Hydramaster Titan 575 new engine

Glynn

Hydramaster are changing the Titan 575's engine to a Kubota, they are doing away with the electronicaly controlled multiple engine speeds and are just have ONE speed via a manual control- which is FULL speed i.e. 3000rpm !.
How crap is that ?.
I think they will lose a lot of sales, who wants to hear that screaming at top speed for small jobs and upholstery ?.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Crunch your numbers using a TM on upholstery. The operating expense of a TM compared to a 5-10 gal portable is shocking. A portable sucks up the slurry off tile & grout as well when you dwell and scrub.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't care about Hydramasters engine speed or choice of engines, but I do want to make a comment on the porty and upholstery comment.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD CARRY A PORTY AROUND JUST TO CLEAN UPHOLSTERY?

Mikey P

Administrator
and as long as you are cleaning for the same hourly rate who cares what the wand is touching

and in most cases upholstery and tile earn MORE per hour than carpet

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:mrgreen: I would agree it is going to be more expensive to clean with a TM than a portable but I think the positive would out weigh the negative.

Faster drying times mean less color or browning problems, the extra heat will increase efficency and should counter balance some of the increased costs.

Less dumping and filling especially if running direct and if you have a large waste tank or are using an auto pumpout.

We clean with portables as a last resort and while they are low cost of operation I truly don't feel they clean as well or as fast as a TM. So while I may save on cost of operation, my final product suffers some. thathurts

All of this is in the Operating at Peak Production for Profits module. If you would like a Free pre-production copy check with Island Boy he is doing the proof reading for me and would be glad to send you out a copy.

If at first he doesn't respond he has asked not to panic but to send several email's or PM's so he will be sure to get it to you. :shock:

J/K :lol:

DON'T email Steve, he would kill me or at least ban me from SFS! :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
getting back on subject, a one speed Ubermount sounds like a real dumb idea.

I really like what I saw @ the 870 Sapphire in Vegas

When my V disintegrates and whats his name is no longer wielding his lawsuit stick I may just get one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Glynn said:
Hydramaster are changing the Titan 575's engine to a Kubota, they are doing away with the electronicaly controlled multiple engine speeds and are just have ONE speed via a manual control- .

if it's a "manual" control, why can't you "manually" throttle it up or down??

..l.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
meAt said:
Glynn said:
Hydramaster are changing the Titan 575's engine to a Kubota, they are doing away with the electronically controlled multiple engine speeds and are just have ONE speed via a manual control- .

..l.T.A.

I think there is some "miscommunication"....here... :roll:

There is NO WAY...Kubota is going to have an engine CRANK & SHUT-DOWN @ max rpm...!

I "believe"...they may have eliminated the electronic "speed controls"....."factory set rpm's"....
Thus allowing the operator to adjust engine to their "personal preference" @ rpm setting's... :idea: :idea:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HARPER said:
meAt said:
Glynn said:
Hydramaster are changing the Titan 575's engine to a Kubota, they are doing away with the electronically controlled multiple engine speeds and are just have ONE speed via a manual control- .

..l.T.A.

I think there is some "miscommunication"....here... :roll:

There is NO WAY...Kubota is going to have an engine CRANK & SHUT-DOWN @ max rpm...!

I "believe"...they may have eliminated the electronic "speed controls"....."factory set rpm's"....
Thus allowing the operator to adjust engine to their "personal preference" @ rpm setting's... :idea: :idea:

kinda what i figger'd
cause I've never seen a "manual" control that only had idle and wide open

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom