Hydraulic Oil Trail on Commercial Nylon.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Manlift dribbled a long trail of hydraulic oil on commercial nylon.

Hwe + pad once. Padcapped with max dilution Snake Oil twice. (A few days between each cleaning.)

They're back!

Any suggestion better than to keep padcapping it every few days?

Much obliged.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have been down that road before. The best thing to do would have been to start with oil-dri or similar absorbent compound. You want to treat that area with a degreaser add a bit of agitation and totally saturate the area with warm water. Allow it to soak 15-30 min then flush and extract. Use a water claw and an open solution line to flush if it’s a double glue down. Do not wet a bigger area then needed. The hydraulic fluid will rise to the water’s surface and spread out. I have heard stories of a very small hydraulic oil spill covering the surface of a large pond.

Good luck.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Thanks,Mike.

Would the high ph of degreaser affect the nylon dye?

I thought about heavy delim, but that might affect the backing.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Johnny said:
Thanks,Mike.

Would the high ph of degreaser affect the nylon dye?

I thought about heavy delim, but that might affect the backing.

Not likely, I use degreaser straight as a spot cleaner and rarely have seen chemical burn / color loss.
If you want to error on the side of caution just soak down the spots with prespray. The key thing seems to be dwell time and really flushing the spot. First time I worked with hydraulic fluid I just kept extracting the surface and it kept coming back bigger everytime.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Had a job in the fall like this. Contractor had a saw machine on 15 different classrooms. Leaked Hydraulic Oil in every room. Pre-Sprayed with a noraml pre-spray spiked with a degreaser Krud Kutter per Uncle Larry.. Pre-Scrubbed with a OP and red pad. Rinsed with my Glided Twand hooked to a TM. Post padded with a cotton pad with my OP machine. Placed airmover on every area I cleaned. I promised nothing. Contractor told me he would have to replace every room with new carpet if I could not get them out. He begged me to come out. I charged him by the hour. I got the stains out. I got paid and saved the contractors ass. Two other companies could not get the oil out. Hanging out with Low Life Carpet Cleaners on Carpet Cleaning Boards does a pay off.

Golden Boy

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hwe + pad once. Padcapped with max dilution Snake Oil twice. (A few days between each cleaning.)

They're back!

you have to flush/rinse the chit out, Dude
harder with olefin/poly crap, easier with nylon (but not always easy)

dumping pixie dust gUnk on it won't do a thing .
You have to get all the oil out

.L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom