Hydrocide Extreme from Bridgepoint...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
As bad as I hate to admit it they have a winner with this one... The stuff works.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Thanks. Interestingly, this was not the direction we originally wanted to go, but we listened to our cleaners and made the changes they wanted. Sales are strong and feedback is positive.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Charles Lyman said:
Is the stuff safe for pets?

Yes. We don't suggest animals drink any cleaner or run around on carpet that is still wet, but as properly used, it is safe for pets.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
lonewolf said:
What is its primary purpose?

Hydrocide Xtreme can control almost any odor on surfaces such as carpet, upholstery or hard surfaces. I think most commonly it is used for pet odors, but I know of techs using it around garbage collection containers and to eliminate cigarette odors and being very successful.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I used it on a restaurant going non-smoking (carpet & tile) and on 4 few rank mens rooms (ceramic tile floors & urinals) and it killed the stink of everything it touched & fast. Instant improvement and 5 minutes later the stank was completely gone. I got compliments from the owners/managers across the board. I almost felt guilty because it was so easy....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I just started using Hydrocide last week and it worked great on a urine soaked sofa and a piss soaked carpet. How is the Hydrocide Extreme different from the regular Hydrocide I have now?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jeremy said:
I used it on a restaurant going non-smoking (carpet & tile) and on 4 few rank men's rooms (ceramic tile floors & urinals) and it killed the stink of everything it touched & fast. Instant improvement and 5 minutes later the stank was completely gone. I got compliments from the owners/managers across the board. I almost felt guilty because it was so easy....

Jeremy,

I am a little surprised...having an association with Judson Labs...

That you are NOT aware the Judson's Quat a Lot will perform "Just as Well"
If not BETTER... :idea: It also is at a much lower dilution rate..!!! "ValuE"

I have used Hydracide for years..! Good Product...!

However...We now use QUAT-A-LOT..exclusively... :!: "NO...I don't receive
any discounts from Les.!" Just better performance ..IMO..!

If you like the fragrance of the Hydracide..? Just add a 1/2 oz of the DD-12 from Judson.

One of the ISSUES..we had with Hydracide is....The initial ODOR was knocked-down very fast.
However the odor would "sometimes"...return.... :shock:

MUCH more POWER in the Judson's ..Quaternary Ammonia product... 8)

Cameron1

Scott,
Walk us thru a typical application....say, a large round urine spot in the corner of a room.

I would assume...mix it up...saturate the area.....water claw it out....collect check?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Just giving credit where credit is due, Harper... Besides, in some scenarios you just want a spray and go product.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Art Kelley said:
I just started using Hydrocide last week and it worked great on a urine soaked sofa and a piss soaked carpet. How is the Hydrocide Extreme different from the regular Hydrocide I have now?

The regular Hydrocide has no added fragrance. Hydrocide Xtreme is the exact same chemistry and concentrate but with a floral fragrance added. (BTW - The fragrance is green.) The fragrance is light, not as over-powering as some competing products.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
steve said:
Scott,
Walk us thru a typical application....say, a large round urine spot in the corner of a room.

I would assume...mix it up...saturate the area.....water claw it out....collect check?

Depending upon the severity of the odor, client's budget and other variables, that approach could often do the trick.

Hydrocide and Hydrocide Xtreme work on the odor by contact. So the Hydrocide needs to reach wherever the odor is to treat all the existing odor.

They can be added to a prespray for a general dog odor situation, or you can saturate the affected area and then Water Claw it out.

Hydrocide is a deodorizer and not a cleaner. So, if you are also taking steps to remove a stain, the Hydrocide may be added to some cleaners or applied after stain removal to deal with any remaining odor.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Scott, I understand the fragrance is a masking agent, but what about the rest? Is it a pairing agent, a 'cide or an enzyme?

Take care,
Lisa

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
truckmount girl said:
Scott, I understand the fragrance is a masking agent, but what about the rest? Is it a pairing agent, a 'cide or an enzyme?

Take care,
Lisa

Hydrocide and Hydrocide Xtreme use the (relatively) new zinc based odor absorbing technology. It absorbs and encapsulates odors as well as modify odor molecules. The chemistry is similar to Thornell's Odorcide, Cobb's Dynacide and CTI's X-cide. (Of course, we put our own twist on it.) Although all of these products have"cide" in the name, they are not disinfectants.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
.....so....a pairing agent?

Can you explain the zinc based odor absorbing technology a bit?

What makes it better/safer than a 'cide like Quat?

I do rescue and almost always have more than 10 dogs in the house, some of which are either not potty-trained or are incontinent.

I've been using Judson's Quat-A-Lot with good results, but if something would work better, I'd like to try it.

Take care,
Lisa

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When you mix Zinc and ammonia the reaction gives off oxygen. The reaction to the ammonia in the urine would first create a colorless crystal(encapsulate), a by product of the reaction is hydroxide, that would self neutralize/dissolve.

When you mix pure sodium in water you get quite an impressive explosion(potassium is even more powerful), because of the oxidization occurring. You get sodium hydroxide as a by product which is commonly used in cleaning agents, and also plumbing liquids like Drano. The sodium hydroxide helps to break up dirt.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hoody said:
When you mix Zinc and ammonia the reaction gives off oxygen. The reaction to the ammonia in the urine would first create a colorless crystal(encapsulate), a by product of the reaction is hydroxide, that would self neutralize/dissolve.

When you mix pure sodium in water you get quite an impressive explosion(potassium is even more powerful), because of the oxidization occurring. You get sodium hydroxide as a by product which is commonly used in cleaning agents, and also plumbing liquids like Drano. The sodium hydroxide helps to break up dirt.

RIGHT - Where is the real Hoody and what you have done with him!! :twisted:

J/K - Good post bud

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
But urine doesn't turn to ammonia right away....so this is only useful on OLD urine spots??

What about all of the other nasty, stinky stuff, like feces and vomit that don't have ammonia?

Take care,
Lisa

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Well Lisa, not only is Zinc great for a healthy immune system, but a lack of zinc in the body can cause bad body odor. I know Scott can only say so much because of proprietary reasons, but my guess is it isn't pure zinc they're using but zinc oxide. Which doesn't change what I said earlier.

I'm not a chemist but took Chem I and advanced Chem in high school. Just going on the basic information that I know. I think I'm correct about the reaction with the ammonia, but I'm not sure as to really how the zinc helps with other odors, other than its natural ability to help with body odor. You can take cod liver oil for more zinc.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I will say I am impressed with it too!!!

I use Dynacide as of lately. Used Odoricide for quite a while.

Did a quart of Hydrocide once. Seemed ok

I use exclusively Quat and DD-12 with Clawing. And some of Cobb's Enzyme Deodorant

Haven't tested Cobb's Enzyme Attack Powder yet. Any good??

I'm sorry but Pet Zone and OSR...I can't mix powder that fast when clawing. Probably why I haven't used Cobb's Enzyme Attack yet.

http://www.foamerscorner.com/

Scroll down and BUY THE 3X Odor Killer. Very strong and makes a little coughing but WOW it is the best I have used. Just pricey at the dilution ratio and did I say it made ya cough?? :)

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
scottw said:
Charles Lyman said:
Is the stuff safe for pets?

Yes. We don't suggest animals drink any cleaner or run around on carpet that is still wet, but as properly used, it is safe for pets.

I was hoping my dog could drink some and his farts wouldn't smell so bad.

S

sam miller

I had been using Kill odor plus from chemspec years ago we had ultra fresh a anti microbial spring fresh duo prochem, kill odor flourisil odor neutralizer prochem. had a toilet over flow and nothing stoppe the odor like kill odor plus. 10 years ago.

still its a encapsulating deoderizer I did try a bunch of different cide's 16 gal of xcide when it was on sale again its a pairing and encapsulating deoderizer.

It was okay but not as good as odorcide, I also like the OSR from cti but if its a small dog with small stains I'll use the Kill Odor plus because it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

I dont think quat deoderizer are supposed to be sold in California. I used spring fresh dou used to be a quat deoderizer but its probably isnt as strong as Les's I didnt like the dou.

Its funny Cti bridgepoint selling a deoderizer with encapsulating properties selling it as a new technology how much different is it then KILL ODOR PLUS thats been doing that for 10 years?????

I know KOP doesnt pair.

Hats off if it worked well and doesnt break the bank Nut jeremy have you used Odercide???? how does it compare?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
As far as comparison goes its hard to say as it wasn't "tested" merely sprayed or mopped on and left to dry. This was not only easy but effective and uniformly pleased my customers. Could quat have done the job? Most likely but the smoke job didn't need anti-microbial treatment & I wanted to try the product... The rest were just using up the left overs of the first job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom