Hydrocide Extreme from Bridgepoint...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
scottw said:
[quote="Mountain View Carpet Care":u288oayo]cationic?
No, non-ionic

Scott once you uses a cationic product is there a way to make the carpet non Ionic?[/quote:u288oayo]

That could be a pretty complex discussion and in some measure beyond my knowledge. My short and direct answer would be that the non-ionic material needs to be cleaned off. How easy that is to accomplish would depend upon the carpet fiber and what cationic had been applied.

I have been told by mills, that if a cationic disinfectant has been used on a stain resist carpet, it can be cleaned with HWE and the acid-dye resistors reapplied using an after-market protector such as Maxim Advanced. Since this restores the stain resist property, I would assume the carpet fiber is back to the original state of being anionic.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
How does Hydrocide compare to CTI X-cide I just paid $79/gal for?

Where'd that avatar come from? Robison? I have a middle finger.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
HARPER said:
Jeremy said:
Jeremy,

I am a little surprised...having an association with Judson Labs...

That you are NOT aware the Judson's Quat a Lot will perform "Just as Well"
If not BETTER... :idea: It also is at a much lower dilution rate..!!! "ValuE"

I have used Hydracide for years..! Good Product...!

However...We now use QUAT-A-LOT..exclusively... :!: "NO...I don't receive
any discounts from Les.!" Just better performance ..IMO..!

If you like the fragrance of the Hydracide..? Just add a 1/2 oz of the DD-12 from Judson.

One of the ISSUES..we had with Hydracide is....The initial ODOR was knocked-down very fast.
However the odor would "sometimes"...return.... :shock:

MUCH more POWER in the Judson's ..Quaternary Ammonia product... 8)

There's a very good reason to use Hydrocide as opposed to a quaternary product for odor control: you will void a carpet warranty using a quat which is a cationic agent. According to Scott Warrington, Hydrocide is non-ionic, and presumably allowed if you are concerned with your customer's carpet warranty. You should keep this in mind before you add any quaternary to your prespray and start broadly spraying.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
What are you worriesd about Art...? Losing your shirt? shiteatinggrin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How is Peroxcide for urine odor?

Forgive my ignorance....as usual...is "cide" peroxcide? Or is Peroxcide a different "cide"

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Brian R said:

Forgive my ignorance....as usual...is "cide" peroxcide? Or is Peroxcide a different "cide"

I understand "-cide" to mean a disinfectant. (As in mildewcide, etc.) Disinfectants work by killing the bacteria that break down the urine. The odor results from components of the urine becoming volatile as they break down. Disinfectants do not get rid of the urine. Eventually new bacteria will begin to degrade the remaining urine.

Several deodorizer products as I listed in an earlier post use the "cide" as part of the name but are not disinfectants.

I don't think "cide" refers to hydrogen peroxide.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
scottw said:
Brian R said:

I understand "-cide" to mean a disinfectant. (As in mildewcide, etc.) Disinfectants work by killing the bacteria that break down the urine. The odor results from components of the urine becoming volatile as they break down. Disinfectants do not get rid of the urine. Eventually new bacteria will begin to degrade the remaining urine.

Several deodorizer products as I listed in an earlier post use the "cide" as part of the name but are not disinfectants.

I don't think "cide" refers to hydrogen peroxide.

"cide"....is what mArY...does to every thread.... :idea:

HOMO-cide.............thread kIllEr... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I noticed that I end many threads....whattyagonnado?

I find that asking questions helps....sometimes. lol

Oh, and thanks Scott.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom