Hydroforce to sink

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Hydroforce rated 50-1000 psi.
Looks like most NYC tap water will range 75-100 psi.

How effective would a Hydroforce be running from tap pressure??

I do not have a second electric sprayer, and have to alternate between wand and sprayer on big jobs. I would love to get my helper spraying ahead, assuming I can couple the hoses together.
Anyone ever try it?

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Go to Harbor Freight and get their Battery Backpack sprayer. Good Sprayer and your not running hoses off the customers sink. I think that would be an accident waiting to happen.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've done that using a 3/8" braided hose that I will sometimes fill my water tank with from the customer's sink. I am able to keep my direct drive TM turned off and prespray a few rooms. It takes about three times as long to spray though, as opposed to turning on the Cat Pump and blasting away at 4 or 5 hundred psi. But hey, I saved $.50 in gas.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We ran tap pressure for a number of years and still use it occasionally, especially for prespraying restaurants.

A hydroforce allows much more prespray than any battery sprayer. We use both. Each has its drawback.

For the HF or Spraymaster injection type sprayer you MUST use larger diameter hose, we prefer 3/8" air hose. Garden hose ends with Quick-couplers, each on a reel.

At tap pressure the sprayer puts out less pressure than a TM obviously, but the spray is more chemically concentrated.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Lee Stockwell said:
We ran tap pressure for a number of years and still use it occasionally, especially for prespraying restaurants.

A hydroforce allows much more prespray than any battery sprayer. We use both. Each has its drawback.

For the HF or Spraymaster injection type sprayer you MUST use larger diameter hose, we prefer 3/8" air hose. Garden hose ends with Quick-couplers, each on a reel.

At tap pressure the sprayer puts out less pressure than a TM obviously, but the spray is more chemically concentrated.

Yea, mainly for a couple of restaurants I do. Not residential.
I'm sure I could cut a good 45 minutes off the time with my helper spraying ahead.
I might pick up 60 feet of lightweight hose, hose adapter on one end, qc on other and give it a whirl.
Not worried about the concentration either, I can adjust to suit and I'm not worried about spraying too strong on some greasy restaurant carpet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I did it and posted my setup here on Mikey's Board.....Help from Lee...thanks.

It worked really well but the encap solution that I used gummed it up a bit.

Now I use a pepsi keg sprayer and charge it up with a black n decker air compressor...ac/dc which is cool.

Works great.

But the hydroforce would last a lot longer. I had some issue with hose distance in this area....It was almost like water outlets were an afterthought to some of these houses.

Pepsi sprayer works best....Funny, because that's what we used back when I was kid to prespray the carpets.

Back
Top Bottom