I am developing a new marketing program for my second truck

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Matt,
You didn't get this idea from another thread by any chance did ya?

Starting another company to disassociate yourself from your quality company to whore out cleanings without getting your name involved?

I seem to remember something like this in another thread.

Farenheit251

I don't know about Cape Cod but most areas already have companies alot cheaper than that. Lots of guys with old machines they bought for 500-2500 dollars in 20 year old vans. I met one a while ago at $15 a room. His only chemical was oxyclean with he meters through the machine. Another had a home built machine on a trailer with no heater but didn't need heat because his magic chem was Cheer for cold water and a miracle spotter you can get at the grocery store. I don't see how you can compete on price alone.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Lets see here 3 rm 95.00
.5 hr drive time
1hr for job
.5 for setup and take down
2men 50.00 @ 12.50 hr
gas 8.00
overhead payments-insur-etc 15.00 may be low
workmans comp 2.50
Lets see 75.00 in cost
why would you do this to yourself???

Becker

Name
Becker
Ya run a comm truck out of your Cape Cod Home huh.

LOL!

Just name it free carpet cleaning, after the 1st 3 rooms. Then charge $125 for those 1st 3, and you will be fine.

Becker

Name
Becker
Ya know, I bet that website sells!

I wonder how the quality is, maybe not so much on the carpet, but the upholstery. Whats the catch there?

I'll be trying to come up with creative ideas next year if work is slow.

Close on the house Thursday, I was able to move it up. Did a walk though SUN, the guy is just about moved out.

I knew I could find it cheaper.

http://www.adomsteemer.com/

maker

If you think this might work, you may want to consider buying up $30, $35,$40,$45 dollars a room and so on. That way you can continue this marketing as your prices go up.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
alot of good info, Thank You

Greenone I am hoping that the quality won't suffer with the Rotovac 360 VS Prescrubbing. The reason I like prescrubbing is you spray then scrub and dwell then rinse where with the 360 prespray,dwell, agitate and rinse at the same time. There is very little difference to the average person I can be a bit of a perfectionist and that winds up costing me $$$$$$$

As for the break down in pricing Handdi you are forgetting doedorizer and scotchgard in you pricing as well as furniture, stairs and hallways. Right now with my ads I am only getting about $25 a room + prescrub+scotchgard the deodorizer with Xtreme is free

Name
I'm Rick James
Matt Murdock said:

Greenone I am hoping that the quality won't suffer with the Rotovac 360 VS Prescrubbing. The reason I like prescrubbing is you spray then scrub and dwell then rinse where with the 360 prespray,dwell, agitate and rinse at the same time. There is very little difference to the average person I can be a bit of a perfectionist and that winds up costing me $$$$$$$

As for the break down in pricing Handdi you are forgetting doedorizer and scotchgard in you pricing as well as furniture, stairs and hallways. Right now with my ads I am only getting about $25 a room + prescrub+scotchgard the deodorizer with Xtreme is free

Let us know how it goes. There is nothing wrong with being a perfectionist, in fact its a good thing, just charge for what your worth and dont think people wont pay for it. I dont know what the market is over there, but people will pay for quality work, actually I think the customers you *want* prefer to.

:mrgreen:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Matt Murdock said:

I just rented that rotovac 360 had to try it again after all the talk here... No way could compare it to a 175.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
gotten some great feedback in the community. Website should be complete next week. Did 100 postcards on weds and mailed to do a test market and got a couple calls.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'd be more shocked if you DIDN't get any calls.
There's a reason why those low price coupons are ALWAYS in Valpak.

I was a little confused when you stated your pricing. $25/rm, 3 rm min=$75 not $95
That extra 20 you will have to make sure you mention. The price is so low, however, you shouldn't get too much flack about it, but there will be someone that will.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
First off, right now I am a budget cleaner and all the ads say after first room $25.00 a room.

Second, I have had one maybe 2 touch ups in 5 years and have not had 1 complaint about my service. My pricing now is very diiferent than my new pricing and I have had no complaints right now the first room is $59.90 and the second room is $10.00 more but my minimum was $75 and again not one complaint.

Thirdly, the hope is they will go to the website and do a little exploring and the prices will be right on th first page

I think the system I am setting up goes well beyond your typical cleaning. Powermax prespray, Prochem all fiber rinse, spotting, Rotovac 360 cleaning with a wand finish and I can make money, keep 2 guys employed and hopefully have a clean record on complaints

I also would like to let a few guys know that I called a few of the guys who keep telling me charge more for estimates and they all came in around or lower than my price for cleanings. So don't believe alot of these yahoos when they talk price

Ernie G

Hey Matt, I don't know you or your busn., but it sounds like you care about the work you do, however it also sounds like you sell yourself short. You could charge twice as much and still not be the most expensive cleaning co. around, and people will gladly pay the price. Why not make more money, there's nothing wrong with making money and giving value.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom