I don't like high flow. I LOVE IT!!!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
finally got off my lazy butt and bumped the flow on my greenhorn from 10 to 20 flow.

holey smokes!!

it really does clean better and faster....

can anyone tell me the max flow you can run off a 5 gpm cat pump before it starts cavitating?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm not sure.

The pump is rated at 5 gpm but i'm worried what will happen if i try dual wanding w/ anther 20 flow wand.

i'm afraid the pump won't be able to keep up.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would see what it is running as far as GMP, run it into a mop bucket, and get back to us.. :mrgreen:

Name
Jesse
Your gonna be under 3gpm no matter how much bigger you go at this point unless you run larger hose and fittings. Be happy with 20. Your pressure will take huge dips with 2 wands jetted like that. You may be able to run a HF and a wand if your pump is spinning at full speed and your inlet plumbing is not restrictive.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Out Of Character said:
Your gonna be under 3gpm no matter how much bigger you go at this point unless you run larger hose and fittings. Be happy with 20. Your pressure will take huge dips with 2 wands jetted like that. You may be able to run a HF and a wand if your pump is spinning at full speed and your inlet plumbing is not restrictive.

Exactly. If you take a 100', 1/4" hose without even a fitting on the end and run 500 psi ATM you'll only pump about 3.3 GPM. With your 20 flow you've barely got 100 psi left once the water gets to the jet.

Dude I can tell you for a fact that two 6 flow wands cleans perfectly fine dual wanding.

One slow pass is all I need.

Can you imagine spending 25k on an everest and it not doing what it was intended to do.

Geez.

Name
Ron lippold
Dan my boy you have Milk dripping off your ears. We run 42 flow dual wanding. shiteatinggrin :shock: !dork! shiteatinggrin :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
but he can dead lift 500lbs barehanded :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok ok, but its WAYYYYYYYY to easy some times....

15 flow on a wand is good.....

10 flow on the RX is good

7.5 on the 360 is good.....

holy chit they are ALL higher then his wand :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and I dont get that last line you said??? and if its cuz your running a little higher flow ::::knees shaking::::: dont sweat it.....

if i wasnt a lazy ass, and would replumb some things to make mine dual (granted i have a beast of a burner to back it) then it would be balls to the walls baby.....the problem is i dont have enough big stuff to dual :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: YET :x :x :x :x Because right now we have a pretty good system with a wander and a chimp

I won't knock it till I try it, but I have zero problems cleaning day in and day out.

Problem is I don't have the setup to run high flow unless I get some propane.

Doug I can't deadlift 500 without killing myself. I wouldn't even try that heavy.

I am getting stronger though.

I started back in the spring doing squats with 95 pounds and did 315 for 5 reps tonight.

I used to have a lot of lower back problems. Not anymore.

Ron Lippold said:
Dan my boy you have Milk dripping off your ears. We run 42 flow dual wanding. shiteatinggrin :shock: !dork! shiteatinggrin :shock:

Yea but with what kind of heat and dry times?

Also going up in flow just lowers the psi.

Does the water even impact the carpet hard enough to clean, or is it like pouring from a cup?

I dual wanded a nasty restaurant last week with zero problems. One pass cleaning.

So what is the point?

Again if I had the capabilities I would try it, but at this time I dont.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
Ron Lippold said:

Yea but with what kind of heat and dry times?

Also going up in flow just lowers the psi.

Does the water even impact the carpet hard enough to clean, or is it like pouring from a cup?

I dual wanded a nasty restaurant last week with zero problems. One pass cleaning.

So what is the point?

Again if I had the capabilities I would try it, but at this time I dont.

Think of it like a shower head while your on vacation.....you know those shity little spity ones...vs a nice full flow at home or a real nice hotel

same thing.....

and heres the thing about the pressure issue...and your right and wrong at the same time

you DO NOT want the high pressure pushing shit into the carpet AKA small jetting high pressure

You DO WANT big droplets to rinse the fiber AKA large jets higher pressure

so yes you loose pressure when you have a bigger jet BUT you need to up that pressure (hence why guys with high flow run in the 600is range vs 300)

the difference is you are "flowing" the water rather then "jetting" it

Make sense???

Magic One

Daniel Good luck with the weight lifting. I had to stop for awhile due to a hernia operation. I'll start again. Have to protect Mikey from the LAS Vegas bullies. shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom