I feel guilty of buying through Amazon at times but..

Mikey P

Administrator
When you can't find an item locally, like these rim covers, and you need it quick...

In this case the covers didn't fit so I arranged to send them back. Amazon sends me an email with the UPS label ready to print. I just to drop it off at a UPS location, which I did.

Then I get this email..

Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $44.95 for your Order 107-4187960-9514623 from Car-Accessories.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: OxGord 16" Inch Hubcaps for Ford Trucks & Cargo Vans E150 E250 E350 Econoline / F150 F250 F350 Set of 4 Pack Auto Wheel Covers, Aftermarket Factory AB
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B014I3333A
Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $44.95

Notes: I do apologize that the item did not work out for you but I have gone ahead and processed a refund for you. I will not put you through the hassle of returning the item
Best regards
Kevin

amazing.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've been a Prime member for probably 10 years. I TRY to find what I need locally but so often an item is not available or seriously more expensive. Plus no sales tax online.

Some products are offered with "subscribe and save" where things (like coffee) that we use all the time are shipped automatically and bigger discount is given.

Saved quite a bit on diapers for Max too!

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have also been a Prime member for several years. There have been many items that I could not find locally and Amazon will have it to me in 2 days with free shipping.

Reactions: Mikey P

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I love Amazon Prime for free shipping and video streaming.

And since I bought Amazon below 300 earlier this year, I think we all should continue supporting them.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I'm torn as well. Amazon really is a garbage company, but it's hard to beat their convenience and value.

F

FB7777

I love Amazon Prime for free shipping and video streaming.

And since I bought Amazon below 300 earlier this year, I think we all should continue supporting them.
Good for you Joe!

I've never pulled the trigger on FANG stocks ( Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google)

Their PE ratios make my nose bleed

Reactions: Mrice

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I'm no genius. Sold my Netflix at 50 for a nice little profit. Thought I got away with murder.
What a dumb ass.

F

FB7777

Ouch

The 2 bagger that should have been a 10 bagger

You got out early , but it's far better than too late

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i buy a ton of stuff from amazon. great place to get stuff, but gotta watch out for the really cheap stuff, usually IS to good to be true. and read the descriptions. just because it has a pic doesnt mean its the one your getting.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It's usually safe if it's "shipped and sold by Amazon." I think all "Prime " purchases are.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
At 3:30 pm on Wednesday I opened my Amazon app, typed in "Fels Naptha case", clicked the first Prime offer I found with "one click shopping" and on Thursday at 3pm, 24 soap cakes showed up for $29.00.

That's why I like Amazon Prime. It shows up on my doorstep one to two days after ordering. No need to waste time stopping at the store.

That being said, there are some things that you do need to see in person before buying.

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There's a lot of stuff not available locally, or not kept in stock locally. You have to develop a core group of on-line companies just like your local suppliers to get all the stuff you need, and few are as reliable as amazon.

Full disclosure: I bought in just before the end of November 2008. :rockon:

Mikey P

Administrator

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I just bought a pull down stairway for the attic in my garage. It was about the same price as Home Depot and I didn't have to go pick it up. It was sitting on my porch waiting for me 2 days after I ordered it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My son delivers for Fedex. He says people buy furniture online and its so heavy and bulky he can hardly deliver it. They are not allowed inside the home so he can get fired if he steps in. He said sometimes its elderly people and he was to take it in for them but can't. He said more more large pieces are being sent through "Ground" when they should actually be "Freight".

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
My son delivers for Fedex. He says people buy furniture online and its so heavy and bulky he can hardly deliver it. They are not allowed inside the home so he can get fired if he steps in. He said sometimes its elderly people and he was to take it in for them but can't. He said more more large pieces are being sent through "Ground" when they should actually be "Freight".
fed ex seems to kick my packages out of the plane as they fly over. literally. found a few out in the yard. couple in the middle of the driveway. ups always, always delivers straight to my door.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom