I gave them a bid a year ago to strip and wax..

Mikey P

Administrator
and they're still bellyaching...

Screenshot_20230522-210725.png

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I agree with that But, put a spp on a 175 with a tank and strip it down. Three coats of finish
and bam. $550-600 and everyone’s happy. I know you’re not in that biz, but still. Just sayn. 😬

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You and I both know they won't be happy.
When they mention their landlord it means they want him to pay for it.
They will bitch to everyone that it still looks horrible after you clean.

I read a book by, and later attended a class taught by Larry Steinmetz.

This was his summary of why you don't want to do business with "price buyers":

According to Dr. Steinmetz:

1. They take all of your time.

2. The do all the complaining.

3. They forget to pay you.

4. They tell your other customers how little they paid.

5. They will only order from you again if your price is too low.

6. They destroy your price credibility.

7. They won't hesitate to lie and steal from you.

Let me add this one:

8. They will complain the loudest and be the most unreasonable about any complaints related to you or your service. (See also Mr Ladwig's observation above)

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
So its a 300-dollar job your asking a grand for... One of the reasons the industry floundered either crap quality or super high prices...Throw some bun's and fries in there consider it a Ronald McDonald house. But on a serious note rent them the machine explain what to do, sell them the chemicals you think are what they need. You been handed Lemons make ... Turn the Negative into a Positive...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Pita charge for him. But if you’re geared for that, it’s really not a pita. Not much different than the restaurant he did with carpet.

Mikey P

Administrator
So its a 300-dollar job your asking a grand for... One of the reasons the industry floundered either crap quality or super high prices...Throw some bun's and fries in there consider it a Ronald McDonald house. But on a serious note rent them the machine explain what to do, sell them the chemicals you think are what they need. You been handed Lemons make ... Turn the Negative into a Positive...
$300?

I'll be nice.

Mikey P

Administrator
I looked at their old estimate from 2 years ago and it was actually 700 what I quoted them for a full strip and three coats of set

FredC

Village Idiot
Especially after they made that post.

Ill be sure to take great B4&aftr pics

are they going to let you do it?

seemed like they were more trying to shame the landlord into letting them have what they wanted*

*assuming it isn't an inside joke with the LL

Mikey P

Administrator
are they going to let you do it?

seemed like they were more trying to shame the landlord into letting them have what they wanted*

*assuming it isn't an inside joke with the LL
I have no idea what their endgame was with that graphic as I said it's been over a year since I gave them the estimate but they're on the schedule to do a dry strip and wax for June 12th.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
This has red flags all over it. I'm dealing with two similar places right now of renters that have no clue. I flat out told the property manager that I was charging if I need to go out and deodorize. I already told them to replace the pad and they refused, so screw'em.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom