I got the hydro force blues

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Now that I have some heat, the hydroforce stops sucking so good. I took the yellow tip out and she seems to suck better. Now the question is, do I mix half of what I was mixing or stay the same and move a little faster.

TimP

One way around the heat problem is to increase the flow of the spray tip. Go from 06 to 12 flow and that should help lower the heat some. If not it may be best to go out and turn the heat down.

I have to say that's the biggest reason why I don't use one.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I wonder sometimes if the heat is the only culprit. I think the higher pressures we run with today don't make up for as much, or more of the problem? The reason I say this is because on the small trailer homes I clean, I just can't use my Titanium wand. The spaces are so tight that I have to use my Castex 1.5 inch wand with whip hose. I have to turn the pressure down to 250 psi when using that wand, but my heat is at around 240-260 at the truck, but my hydraforce seems to draw just fine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
stupid.jpg

Rex Tyus

admiralclean said:
I wonder sometimes if the heat is the only culprit. I think the higher pressures we run with today don't make up for as much, or more of the problem? The reason I say this is because on the small trailer homes I clean, I just can't use my Titanium wand. The spaces are so tight that I have to use my Castex 1.5 inch wand with whip hose. I have to turn the pressure down to 250 psi when using that wand, but my heat is at around 240-260 at the truck, but my hydraforce seems to draw just fine.

That is because the flow is so low at that pressure the solution cools dramatically before reaching the tip. Lower pressure does also add to an increase in draw generally as well though. Your thought is correct just incomplete(I say this respectfully).

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
they're JUNK!

JUNK I TELL YOU!!!

have i mentioned before I'm not a big fan of Hydro soakers??............. :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
When I ran Steamway TMs, I couldn't use the hydroforce for this reason. I was told that over 190 degrees, it stopped working right. So, you should probably sell me that new Butler really cheap since you won't be able to use it with your hydroforce. :wink:

TimP

I'm actually thinking about buying that new fancy Mytee sprayer. But I can't part with the cash right now. My omni is a PITA cause of the old charging system on it. I can't keep the damn thing charged for sure.

G

TimP said:
I'm actually thinking about buying that new fancy Mytee sprayer. But I can't part with the cash right now. My omni is a PITA cause of the old charging system on it. I can't keep the damn thing charged for sure.
Then go to Harbor Freight and get their Hudson 4 gallon for 67.99 and you will never use an omni again.You can just throw away the Hudson "if" or when it breaks and buy another.And for the girls,just put two gallons in if its to heavy.

Mr.V

they don't draw properly when you have jack for heat,,,,,,,,,,,,either they draw WAY too much or when u add heat not near enough.

unless you have a really old one,,,,,,,,,,they're pretty much garbage imo

Chads

Supportive Member
So what in a hydroforce stops it from working if it gets to hot. any body got a theory or a resolution on how to fix the problem. I personally have had no problems other than the clear rubber hose fell of inside the tank once. I like the hydroforce.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
http://www.fimcoindustries.com/turf.html

found one at an ifa for $128 :shock: :shock:

I think i may need to buy one..

I tried to find a link to that sprayer an hour ago.
I looked on Tractor Supply Co, cause that;s where i saw one last week

price was $96 there
Says it's a 1 GMP pump

It's much to big for me, but i thought of the dudes that like Volkswagen sized sprayers....

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
TimP said:

Just change the battery and charge with the AC charger rather than the DC, makes a big difference. Mine goes a long time now.

AS for a HF, hitting 230F, no problems with mine, both yellow and no tip, draws just fine
I prespray at 400psi though, do most of the prespraying before reving it up. But even at 600psi, no issues

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I think what is happening is the yellow tip is swelling just a little when it sees 220-230. Thus resticting the flow slightly. Turning your 8-1 into 12-1. I am going to try drilling and tapping the yellow piece and inserting a mikuni pilot jet with a similar size opening. Or I need to make a tip out of stainless. We will see.

G

Has anyone thought about prespraying with cold or luke warm temps. After all; IT WON'T HELP THE STAINS SET IN HARDER!!!

:shock: :lol: :idea: :roll: :wink:

TimP

Ron Werner said:
TimP said:

Just change the battery and charge with the AC charger rather than the DC, makes a big difference. Mine goes a long time now.

AS for a HF, hitting 230F, no problems with mine, both yellow and no tip, draws just fine
I prespray at 400psi though, do most of the prespraying before reving it up. But even at 600psi, no issues

The thing goes through chargers like crazy. The vehicle charger was a piece of junk, it broke in 1-2 days. I got stiffed with an old one. I still haven't bought hardly anything from the distributor about it cause I'm still ticked about it among a few other things. And I have complained, they wanted to have me pay to send it off and be w/o a sprayer. I decided to keep it and deal with charging at home. That was before the home charger went out. I've actually cut off the end of a charger and rigged it to the vehicle charger to see if I can get it charged up again.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Lyman said:
I think what is happening is the yellow tip is swelling just a little when it sees 220-230. Thus resticting the flow slightly. Turning your 8-1 into 12-1. I am going to try drilling and tapping the yellow piece and inserting a mikuni pilot jet with a similar size opening. Or I need to make a tip out of stainless. We will see.
I don't think the metering tip actually sees that much heat. It sits at the bottom of the dema valve and is drawing cooler liquid throught it. Personally I've been using one for probably 20 yrs and don't have a problem with them. I know the mix may vary a bit but have not found that to be a big deal. I don't use a metering tip.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I used to have a few problems right from the get go with the pressure, but I took the filter off the end of the draw hose and now have not issues at any pressure from 250 to 750. Of course it's jondon's version called the powerforce, but it works just fine.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
TimP said:
Ron Werner said:
TimP said:

The thing goes through chargers like crazy. The vehicle charger was a piece of junk, it broke in 1-2 days. I got stiffed with an old one. I still haven't bought hardly anything from the distributor about it cause I'm still ticked about it among a few other things. And I have complained, they wanted to have me pay to send it off and be w/o a sprayer. I decided to keep it and deal with charging at home. That was before the home charger went out. I've actually cut off the end of a charger and rigged it to the vehicle charger to see if I can get it charged up again.
take it to a Battery Battery place (I think that's what they're called) anyway, a place that sells cell phone batterys etc. Tell them you need a 12v battery and charging system. The body of the sprayer and pump are good I assume. Just swap out the system. I bought a new battery for $30. You could even upgrade the battery for one that has more life to it. There's plenty of room.

TimP

I should get a marine battery and put in that bad boy :lol: Except it would weigh too much.

The battery is fine in it. I've considered charging it with a car battery charger but that's a PITA. I'm charging it in my van right now and I'll see how it does with some time to get it back up to strenght. I had it fully charged last week but now the house charger I was using went out (tested it with a volt meter).

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
TimP said:
The battery is fine in it. I've considered charging it with a car battery charger but that's a PITA.

If you're good with solderless connectors, open it up and attach two wires that you can leave out to connect to a car battery charger. I did that for mine before I got the AC Charger. I have a little Black and Decker that does a slow 2amp charge. Was about $50.

Chads

Supportive Member
Dang it I had to say something and today I dont even know what heat i was at becuase my guage all of a sudden decided to die today and the tatletale point stopped at 270 so who knows but all I know is it stopped drawing chemical somewhere in there the first time this has ever happened to me. :evil:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:
400psi and 240F, hydroforce was working just fine

Ron, do a bucket test at that temp and see how fine it's working

ie.
.pour a measured amount of chem in the jug
spray a measured gal in a bucket
Then measure how much chem is left in the jug
Subtract that with what you started with, and you'll know how much chem you actually drew

..L.T.A.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I took the yellow tip out and made a stainless insert for the tube with a1/16 hole and it bucket test at 6-1. I can live with that until I find smaller drill bits. Worked all week at 240 atm and 230atw.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom