I guess it's time to try but is anybody ran six flow through an AW29 long enough to come to??

Mikey P

Administrator
Or assume that pre-extender bender conclusion would be "holy crap, I'm soaking the carpets twice as bad now!"

Is that correct Larry?

I'll be giving it a go next week.

If you're running crews, there really is no other wand to consider

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've run a 6 flow aw29 for years without any over wetting problems. 4 flow on the portable. Your bent extenders should be better slightly than the straight down jets. I wouldn't use it on anything past 150 feet though.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm soaking the carpets twice as bad now!"

Is that correct Larry?

not sure what you're asking .
"cleaning" ability and dry times have more to do with amount (and type) pre-spray used and wand technique more than anything
(this assumes a TM in good working order)

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
not sure what you're asking .
"cleaning" ability and dry times have more to do with amount (and type) pre-spray used and wand technique more than anything
(this assumes a TM in good working order)

..L.T.A.
I'm asking if a talented carpet cleaner who understands the importance of a balanced system, understands chemistry and more importantly understands exactly what it the end goal is in what they are cleaning, will see and feel and be able to fully appreciate six flow over four.

While this wand has a certain negative stigma attached to it, Greenglides cannot afford to ignore the fact that it's the most popular tool and further promotion of its's proper usage and inherent benefits are mandatory.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
While this wand has a certain negative stigma attached to it

that's because CC'ers (people in general) are a rather dim bunch of pack following mooks parroting whatever their dejour heros are spouting.

and further promotion of its's proper usage and inherent benefits are mandatory

it ain't the arrow.
It's the Indian

The A-Dub is a good cleaning wand.
Always has been, always will be
....glide or bender extenders notwithstanding

..L.T.A.

• Haha
Reactions: Meter Maid

Mikey P

Administrator
Too bad you're a wallpaper hanger now as you would be a great candidate to help declare the AW-29 quite possibly at six flow, is a GREAT carpet cleaning wand.

At four flow I would call it a very very good carpet cleaning wand with my diddly dagets on it.

As I said earlier, it took me 6 weeks to finally find a carpet that at four flow it didn't work on but the sapphire 6 did.

The super lightweight of the sapphire is both a pro and a con but definitely a pro for decrepid worn out old carpet cleaners who find the AW to be too heavy

Mikey P

Administrator
Buuut, how old and decrepit do you have to
be for the AW to be too heavy? After the Bane Jimmy wand, the AW is a feather🤷🏼‍♂️
I don't know the answer to that, but I am enjoying having a discussion with a homosapien, sort of, who on his planet has attained a level of status symbol designating him as upper affluent and on top of his game due to the fact that he supports a mullet and Sketcher brand sneakers.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Too bad you're a wallpaper hanger now

thanks, but no thanks
I love my job

IMG_2534.JPG

I had 4 and 6 flow a-dubs on the van
(and a Steamway flood jet for extreme ratholes and/or chitpits like bars with a bunch of gum)
One of the advantages to a-dub w/6, was greater heat to the fiber.

there's also a point of diminishing returns with PSI and flow (any tool)

lastly, wand technique hasn't advanced with the quality of pre-sprays
Of those that DO use pre-spray in sufficient quantity for the situation, the majority are still "sawing" away a sq yard at time...or worse, sawing across the whole room.

Like blow 'n go wand soap dispensers of the biz

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
that's because CC'ers (people in general) are a rather dim bunch of pack following mooks parroting whatever their dejour heros are spouting.

it ain't the arrow.
It's the Indian

The A-Dub is a good cleaning wand.
Always has been, always will be
....glide or bender extenders notwithstanding

..L.T.A.
The first paragraph almost made me spit out my damn gum.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Too bad you're a wallpaper hanger now as you would be a great candidate to help declare the AW-29 quite possibly at six flow, is a GREAT carpet cleaning wand.

At four flow I would call it a very very good carpet cleaning wand with my diddly dagets on it.

As I said earlier, it took me 6 weeks to finally find a carpet that at four flow it didn't work on but the sapphire 6 did.

The super lightweight of the sapphire is both a pro and a con but definitely a pro for decrepid worn out old carpet cleaners who find the AW to be too heavy
It ain't rocket science. The aw29 is a good wand up to a point. It's lightweight and short enough to work well in tight areas. With a slotted green glide it will compete with premium wands up to about 150 feet of vac hose. That's when you start to notice the difference in airflow and the wand sucking down to the carpet. Long hose runs demand either a 2 inch wand or a premium 1.5 like the Mach 12, sapphire titanium or the Devastator 12 inch.

Mikey P

Administrator
It ain't rocket science. The aw29 is a good wand up to a point. It's lightweight and short enough to work well in tight areas. With a slotted green glide it will compete with premium wands up to about 150 feet of vac hose. That's when you start to notice the difference in airflow and the wand sucking down to the carpet. Long hose runs demand either a 2 inch wand or a premium 1.5 like the Mach 12, sapphire titanium or the Devastator 12 inch.
It may not be rocket science, but you're speculating there Tiger..

Two of those wands you haven't used.

Do you really think the vacuum manifold and the way the vacuum tube enters the manifold is going to make more of a difference than the point of restriction?

Meaning a hybrid or hole glide?
Or a section of 2.5 vac hose, or removing your lint filter out of the equation or bump in your RPMs up..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Do you really think the vacuum manifold and the way the vacuum tube enters the manifold is going to make more of a difference than the point of restriction?

Or a section of 2.5 vac hose, or removing your lint filter out of the equation or bump in your RPMs up..
I haven't used the sapphire yet but I have 3 aw29's with slot, hybrid and hole glide. None of them compare to the Mach 12 on a long hose run. Same with my 2 inch mach 12. That's the one with an internal fit slot glide. Big difference using that compared to the 1.5 inch mach 12. I was doing a job a couple of weeks ago and when I got down to 150 feet, I took off a couple sections of vac hose. Then I wished I hadn't, it was a lot more difficult to move the wand after that

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
The aw29 wand you have from me is 6 flow. Worked great

SamIam

Name
sam miller

No but the weight of devastator will cause more lockdown.

The aw29 is a Skippy chatter bug good for cut pile nylon.

I'm sure your glide fixes that.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Stoop

Suction causes lockdown. Not the weight
A lighter wand bites less, a big open face wand on smart strand you're struggling to push it.

On a polyester the same wand feels like it's floating.

You don't change your life.

Put different piles react differently.

I admit the less bite carpets are more rare to see.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Your best water recovery occurs when you never stop the airflow through the wand interface. During the entire cleaning job, the airflow is never stopped. That is accomplished by drilling four -1/4" holes through the wand end hose cuff equidistant from each other. The airflow thru the hose is never stopped by wand interface lockdown. This has improved my dry times for many years.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Your best water recovery occurs when you never stop the airflow through the wand interface. During the entire cleaning job, the airflow is never stopped. That is accomplished by drilling four -1/4" holes through the wand end hose cuff equidistant from each other. The airflow thru the hose is never stopped by wand interface lockdown. This has improved my dry times for many years.
So you clean with a 1 inch vacuum leak?

• Wow
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Improved from what?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. What happened to Conway's sliding vac relief on the lip of the wand glide? If there was to be any airflow, I'd want it starting at the carpet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom