I have a question on returning the business to our professional customers.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Real Estate Agents specifically. I'll be in the market to sell and buy a home soon, yet I don't know how to tactfully pick a specific agent. I know that seems like a stupid question, but I have several real estate agents here as very good customers and I'm worried I'll cause some negativity with the others when they see that I didn't pick them to handle my needs.

Any ideas on how to tactfully handle this would really help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat Mike

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm thinking about calling each one of them and asking them to give me the first number that comes to mind. And I'll have a number in my mind. The closest to that number gets my business.

Then when they ask, I'll just tell them my reasoning behind it, hoping I don't burn a bridge in my relationship with them.

That's just the first thought that came to mind. I"m not sure though.

Real estate agents love to brag about the homes they buy and sell on facebook here, so word will spread fast to all my customers that sell homes.

Reactions: cfairfield
F

FB7777

Negotiate the lowest commission with an MLS agent, they’re all the same , they take an 8 week course to show people faucets and fixtures

consult with your atty on any offers and conditions Prospective buyers make

the market is red hot up here, if I was selling, I‘d pay an atty and go with Redfin

I have 3 agents in my neighborhood I do work for and at least a dozen other agents.... no matter what ,I’ll be disappointing everyone else

may as well piss the, all off and save a few bucks on the transaction

PS. When you said ‘professional customers’ I thought you were referring to lawyers, doctors and accountants .... not sales clerks

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FB7777

problem with FSbO is they are not part of MLS which reaches all buying agents.... unless you sign their top package and use a 5-6% commissioned agent they steer you to

which is their ultimate goal anyways

and we’re taking down the ghetto pool and installing a nice kidney in ground With hot tub in late 2021

look for it on google earth jiMmy 😀

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well this is a business agreement and they should know that.
Best commission rate wins since they all list them on the mls.

Agents that used me to clean were always short lived . They usually moved on to someone cheaper. They always looked at price.
So #### em!

Reactions: Fat Mike and FB7777

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Negotiate the lowest commission with an MLS agent, they’re all the same , they take an 8 week course to show people faucets and fixtures

consult with your atty on any offers and conditions Prospective buyers make

the market is red hot up here, if I was selling, I‘d pay an atty and go with Redfin

I have 3 agents in my neighborhood I do work for and at least a dozen other agents.... no matter what ,I’ll be disappointing everyone else

may as well piss the, all off and save a few bucks on the transaction

PS. When you said ‘professional customers’ I thought you were referring to lawyers, doctors and accountants .... not sales clerks

Maybe I've missed something...but I think you don't hold real estate agents in high regard :lol:

I dated one for a few months that in retrospect seemed like an eternity; she proved most all blonde jokes to be true...

• Haha
Reactions: FB7777 and Jimmy L

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Keep in mind that almost all of them give me a lot of business. I’m trying to keep the waters calm.

they aren’t cheap when they call me to do a job for them, so I need to be tactful so I don’t sound cheap to them

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Keep in mind that almost all of them give me a lot of business. I’m trying to keep the waters calm.

they aren’t cheap when they call me to do a job for them, so I need to be tactful so I don’t sound cheap to them

Reciprocity in business relationships is a touchy subject.

Remember, though, that they use you because of the good you do for them, not that they expect you to one day return the favor...because it isn't a favor. Clean Listings Always Sell Sooner (I knew a cleaner in New Jersey who used that as his "CLASS" marketing pitch). You help them make bigger commissions and close sales.

You can drive yourself crazy with concern over which car dealership to use, insurance company, etc. You have the advantage of knowing which agent(s) work the hardest, get good prices for sellers, and who are the easiest to get along with.

None of this makes it easy, but I hope it helps you see through the concerns you have Matt.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I’m thinking you need to grow a set and call the one you like the most.

I take the approach of a tactful psychologist in a corduroy blazer and wire rimmed glasses.

Marty takes the approach of a weary father trying to take a nap while his kids pepper him with questions.*

Similar message, entirely different style.

* I know this because my son called me in the middle of the night to ask me if he should worry about having hemorrhoids. I gave him a very "Marty" answer....actually, more of a Fred Boyle answer :madder:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
They are all blood sucking leaches that know nothing about the real world of real estate. So just negotiate a good commission and find a great title company that will keep everything legal. The title/escrow company is what you should be focused on.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

Title insurance..:: biggest scam in Real Estate transactions

Atty gets $4 per $1000 RE value with zero liability after the sale

used car salesmen have more ethics

F

FB7777

they are a dime a dozen, I can rattle off 20 agents off the top of my head that I do work for

if you are intent on keeping the waters calm, select the one that is your best customer

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Here's what you do to be.....................fair

Tell them that you put their name in a hat and you will draw a agent you will use.

Or use the one with the lowest commission.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And remember that your used double wide won't bring in much money.
Mobile homes are financed like cars.................not real estate

• Haha
Reactions: FB7777

Mikey P

Administrator
Here's an interesting fact I have five very good realtors all pretty dinner and high profile that send me everything they got including their own homes here in Nevada..

And maybe one in Santa Cruz.

steve_64

I'd go with the one I'm most confident with to do me right. If there is a toss up interview them.

I'm trying to think of a tactful way to tell the others why you made the decision you make it you get asked. It may not even be an issue.
Tell them your wife was the decision maker or something.

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
You might want to consider this^ 2-3% commission max that you pay the buyers agent and it still gets you into MLS.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Well this is a business agreement and they should know that.
Best commission rate wins since they all list them on the mls.

Agents that used me to clean were always short lived . They usually moved on to someone cheaper. They always looked at price.
So #### em!

For Our property we used a realtor we’ve done business with in the past. She was great and she hasn’t used us in a while but she was the only one that said Mike yer services are great just a lot of my homeowners want a much lower rate and I’m not going to be haggling you down. I think you’re worth it but they don’t.

All the other realtors have always wanted it fast, cheap and wait forever to get paid! Just don’t work with many at all now.

Have worked with some on resto projects and those were fine

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That 2 or 3% might not work if they are under a broker ( And most are)

Typical is 6-8%
At least around here

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I wouldn't worry too much. go with whoever you think will do the best job for you. Around here they are not too loyal.
After buying and selling several homes and rental properties through one broker and several 1000's in commissions she called wanting a estimate on her office.
Her office girl ratted her out that she chose someone that was 50 bucks cheaper.
Yes, she saved 50 bucks but lost 1000's more in future commissions.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I chose one. I grew a pair and chose a company that’s a good customer with an agent who I feel is very similar to my business. Very hard worker, isn’t filthy rich, yet is very humble and is a good associate.

we will see how far this will take me. I hope to move to a more central location of my region closer to highway access and closer to my kids school and after school activities. 🤞

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom