I have it on good authority that Mytee..

Mikey P

Administrator
isn't going to sue me for talking about them so lets discuss one of the few interesting new tools coming out this year..

The Flex Star.

View attachment 4669

http://www.mytee.com/products/a106-flexstar/#.U3OB_PldWPY

If I owned a Trex I'd really have to be able to take the new CGD head on a long test drive before I spent that considerable amount of money for the upgrade. As it is the only people singing it's praises are salesmen and shills.

The head/arm linkage is certainly interesting, I wonder where that design came from?

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
He knows more about rotary machines than any of us. He has 6 rotovac 360s 28 glided rx20s 150 modified rotatary drimasters a hoss 700 and a shiny mytee. He was born in a factory that produced the prochem power glide. We know nothing. I don't even feel qualified to type this message.

Holy Crap

Dang Near SaintHood right there, sheesh

Back in my hole I go : (

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

F

FB7777

Why do I have the feeling this discussion is not going to end well ?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I will say that I would be interested in trying it out on commercial glue down.

Maybe Larry Cobb will order one that we can play around with and see how well it works.

Larry?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've yet to find a rotary that cleaned and extracted well on cmg and didn't leave nasty swirl marks. Did mytee scrap the carbon fiber handle on the rotary.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Does not make any since to me....I don't understand why we need a floating head for CGD....

From what I am reading is that they think that the 360i and the Hoss don't work on CGD...and so because there original Trex head was pretty much a copy of the 360i they felt compelled to make one for CGD....so for another thousand bucks you can by a floating CGD head.......????????

although I did not really care for the 360i on carpet with any type of a pile...it did a great job on cgd...it stayed up above the fiber and cleaned it as well as any rotary out there...
same with the Hoss...I use it on CGD all the time ...great recovery...excellent for flushing them out...so who or where ever they are getting there information from...it is far from accurate...or it is just a sales pitch to get the new head out there.......

I have never cleaned with this head so how well it does I can not say...but I do have a few questions...

1..why do we need a thousand dollar floating head...the concrete for CGD is slated....meaning it is very smooth...so even if there is a slight ripple...you will never really notice it...are they installing small speed bumps that I am not aware of....????

2..what is all that dirt and grit going to do to all those moving parts and pistons.......I sits up high off the surface..but anyone who uses an RX knows that it will still collect dirt and grit....I would worry about the damage it is going to do and how in time it would effect its performance......

I am all for cool new things that help up out...but to me this one just does not make since......like the 360i on cgd.....the head that came with the Trex should of been just fine...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2..what is all that dirt and grit going to do to all those moving parts and pistons.......I sits up high off the surface..but anyone who uses an RX knows that it will still collect dirt and grit....I would worry about the damage it is going to do and how in time it would effect its performance......
Maybe they need a shield like on the bottom of a Cimex to keep that shit from causing problems. I agree that's a lot of moving, flexing parts to get all loaded up with debris.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This would concern me with all those little moving parts.........

IMG_5811_zpsc9dfce05.jpg

P1010546_zps079afc99.jpg

Bjorn

the saving grace for the rx is the green glides for them so if you do run over that piece of tile or marble it won scratch it or crack it

Reactions: Jim Martin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

and I think the shaft is taller .............

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mike Draper

jim, I'm not saying this in a rude way, please dont take it that way. but you are always talking about how much heat your sapphire puts out. How is it your not heat setting the nap in 1 direction or the other with the HOSS on CGD? While the HOSS does clean CGD well, I think it looks like total shit when finished. I acutally heat set the nap on a very nice nylon CGD with only running a sustained 210 at the HOSS. I truly cant see why anyone would want to use a rotary on CGD. Like I said, a rotary cleans well, But a cimex shower feeding and high flow wand always out does a rotary on CGD in my opinion. I'd like to hear your .2 cents.

F

FB7777

Just a few thoughts on making videos

Don't dedicate HALF the video to actually opening the box and commenting on the packing material

How about actually testing the unit before making speculations based on visible inspection?

Good grief

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Just a few thoughts on making videos

Don't dedicate HALF the video to actually opening the box and commenting on the packing material

How about actually testing the unit before making speculations based on visible inspection?

Good grief

Fookin yeah!

Nothing pisses me off more than
the 20 minute oratory on how this unit is going to whiten your teeth, cure erectile dysfunction, make the sun shine and create world peace.

Reactions: FB7777

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
jim, I'm not saying this in a rude way, please dont take it that way. but you are always talking about how much heat your sapphire puts out. How is it your not heat setting the nap in 1 direction or the other with the HOSS on CGD? While the HOSS does clean CGD well, I think it looks like total shit when finished. I acutally heat set the nap on a very nice nylon CGD with only running a sustained 210 at the HOSS. I truly cant see why anyone would want to use a rotary on CGD. Like I said, a rotary cleans well, But a cimex shower feeding and high flow wand always out does a rotary on CGD in my opinion. I'd like to hear your .2 cents.

just because I have a machine that can give me and maintain all the heat I need...does not mean that I crank up my temps all the time...we as cleaners have to know what the limits are....
as far as the cimex........love the machine...but I get into more cases where all the vacuuming in the world will not get all the imbedded sand out of the CGD...and the Hoss will flush it out.......better then a wand .......

Name
Marcus
I don,t see much difference in that and a rx20....... You can get used rx20 s for under 1000$.......
For 2000$ you should demo the zipper..alot more versatile on commercial and homes and no swirlies or cord.....
The cap

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Love to tell you about it , as I have used the flex star for months and have send it to a about 12 other cleaners with T Rex's to use . But I'm not sure if I still have a gag order from Mikey when it comes to talking about anything M###e or J####n.

Mike L you have my number if you want to test run a flex star all you got to do is give me a call.

The need for the floating head came from cleaners asking for it. People wanted shoes that would move over uneven cgd without chattering. Which the flex star does,

But anyway , anyone is welcome to call me and ask any questions or concerns they might have

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom