I have it on good authority that Mytee..

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
No gag order you can attest to how it does what it does and the pros and cons
Cool. Then I,ll tell you this . Last week we sold 6 of them pre ordered by people who had tried the prototype for anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, I've had the flex star since dec last year, and used it on all types of carpet , cgd , Berber and light weight pile are where it shines. On good pile carpet i want standard head..View attachment 4701
this is a pic using the flex star in a apartment, I don't have any videos worth posting. Is it worth the cost , yes ,if you do a lot of cgd . View attachment 4702
This was 10k sqft church ,again with the flex star . So it has its place. If your the type of cleaner who believes in giving the best results. I would not compare using it against the zipper as I find them to be 2 very different animals and 2 great tools. I'm still going with T-Rex then Hoss then 360i
in the time I've had the flex star head I've had no problems with it and we have been shipping it around the country and state for other people to use.

Mikey P

Administrator
Cu

All I'm going to ask of you is to respect all the other members/suppliers who pay to sell here.

If you want to sell Jud son and My tee products, that's fine by me, and Fred.

FredC

Village Idiot
I think what I actually said was "fvck [MENTION=40481]cu[/MENTION] " ...

but however you want to spin it is fine

Last edited:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Cu

All I'm going to ask of you is to respect all the other members/suppliers who pay to sell here.

If you want to sell Jud son and My tee products, that's fine by me, and Fred.
I have no desire to sell anything here, I was told there was post here about the flex star and nobody knew what they where talking about in regards to it , so that is why I posted . I do respect most of your suppliers on this board and don't wish to detract from any of thier sales here. Point of fact is I was one person that pushed CMS to advertise here.

in two cases I offered to lone equipment to members here to try out to see if it fit there needs , it makes little or no difference to me where they buy.

You could just say thanks for the insight to the flex star, I'm good with that.

FredC

Village Idiot
whatever...not like I'm going to have to see him everyday slangin rotomolded crap, vintage truckmounts, and orange koolaid......#noburden

but really? Don't we have more stable suppliers that can do that?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
So back to the subject.

Can you get us a video of it working on CGD?

How much travel does the head have?

What make it do what it does?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I don't think he has a flex star I am trying to encourage him to order one, if you can let me work here - as I would like to try it.

That head looks like one of the "coolest/innovative" accessory to a unit to come out, only other cool things have seen lately that I thought was pretty smart and slightly ingenious was the water tank thing for the versa clean unit. As it serves as both fresh and waste water with a bladder system.

I like "cool" stuff and this kind of stuff is cool for a janitor like myself.

FredC

Village Idiot
Let you work? Why does he have to be encouraged? Tell Larry I have confidence he can modify it to work properly if needed..........

really? There hasn't been a give/take bladder system before?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Boy, you are cranky huh?

Yes, I am wierd as I like what I do and like to try any tools that come out to see if they work.

And yes I have never seen any like it in our industry.

FredC

Village Idiot
surprised no bladders yet....

So whats stopping you from trying it?

Cranky? Not really....borderline manic actually.....but still I don't have a use for that sellout leprechaun shill.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
about 2/3rds into the video............

are they supposed to wobble that bad..........?????

[video=youtube_share;fA8XBs_Qls8]http://youtu.be/fA8XBs_Qls8[/video]

Mikey P

Administrator
I have no desire to sell anything here,

No, you do, Tammy and Les would just bust your balls too much.

I'm surprised John didn't offer to pay for your banner when he set up your laundering operation.

In retrospect it wouldn't be fair to let you steal sales from long time loyal Mytee distributors who have supported MB.

Actually that's only Larry these days.
Superior and Proline both stopped pushing Mytee when you magically (and deliciously) started acquiring all the virtual sales.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
With all that spring loaded action on that thing...did they really think it was going to be stable.........its not going to glide and flex according to the surface of the floor...it is going to adjust to the weight of the machine moving...that's why it is hitting the edges and wobbling..its working against the machine...............
you want the star as stable a possible and just a tad bit of flex in the vacuum shoes.....

Mikey P

Administrator
HM-60405302-EA_1.jpg

looks like a more rigid design.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
smooth as silk.......and this was before the polymer glides....just a little bit of flex in the vacuum shoe is all it needs......

this machine does a wonderful job on CGD.............

[video=youtube_share;9XNI9j_sycw]http://youtu.be/9XNI9j_sycw[/video]

hogjowl

Idiot™
Every video I see of someone using a rotary extraction head shows the operator going so slow that I have to wonder. Is it really necessary to go that darn slow? If providing multiple cleaning passes in one swift swipe won't clean and dry the carpets better than a wand stroke, then no thanks!

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes Marty, ALL rotary extractors are very slow compared to wanding.

ALL of them do a better job than wanding (prescubbing included) but you better be charging enough or more if you are going to whip one out.

We may go a week or more with out needing the aggressive deep cleaning that our REs produce, today we needed the XL on 3 out of four jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jwfgHW2zmo

I keep a HOSS on one truck and the XL on the other. The new XL other than a leaky gear box is 100 times better than the i version, faster, deeper and none of the infamous streaking.

I would call the HOSS and the XL damn near equal.

I've only used the Trex a few times, neither of those times did it stand out as a superior unit in anyway. If in another year's time the first units produced are still out producing than I would consider having one. As it is I don't trust Mytee or it's RnD department one cent.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bjorn

one thing you will notice about the rx 20 is the smooth operation no chatter or so called learning curve to get use to glide also help too. Swing it right and left nothing to get used to.

[video=youtube;CO40RA-LH04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO40RA-LH04[/video]

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
one thing you will notice about the rx 20 is the smooth operation no chatter or so called learning curve to get use to glide also help too. Swing it right and left nothing to get used to.

[video=youtube;CO40RA-LH04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO40RA-LH04[/video]

Loved the RX...but that's a ton of heat loss........learning curve #1 ....never go faster then you machine can keep up.........you will only cause streaking..and over wetting....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom