I honestly tried to walk.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, once again I got another urine hole. The owners are trying to sell the house and wanted the carpets cleaned. I walked in and was immediately hit with dog and urine odor. The carpet looked horrible. The last renter had lived their 8 years and never had the place cleaned.

After doing my inspection I flat out told them I couldn’t clean the place and they really needed to repalce the carpet. I pointed out the heavy wear and the delaminated seams. I explained the wear portions will alway look dark.

The guy looked totally distraught and asked if I could just make it look better. I said I could clean it, but the carpet was just so worn out, they need to rip it out. Reluctantly I agreed to “clean” it and made clear it was against my better judgment. I did not do any urine work. It just wouldn't have been worth my time or his budget.

I almost quit and walked out after the first room. I was just so pissed at this neglected worn out poly carpet.

It’s really hard for me to walk away when the owner is pretty much begging my to do anything I can to make it look better. I really tried to walk away. It did come out better than expected, but I know it’s still loaded with urine. All is documented in the invoice and I made him initial next to the part agreeing it should be replaced.

F3981B62-EC82-4EA7-A1A7-E531601E42F6.jpeg
15CCF1D6-91E7-44CF-AF02-F788CA43717D.jpeg
BB29BDD0-1423-4B9F-B7F5-7A975DA64CBD.jpeg
A2CDB96B-1DD1-4EEC-B35B-107A9845AFA7.jpeg

Reactions: Old Coastie

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
It does look a lot better

But I dont get someone trying to flip a house without spending a few $k knowing that they will generally make more by replacing than not.

Admittedly I dont know your property market

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

But I dont get someone trying to flip a house without spending a few $k knowing that they will generally make more by replacing than not.

The owner wants to give a carpet credit to the new buyer but just wanted it look better for showing. If it were me I would have just ripped it all out.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
yeah I ripped the carpet out of a bedroom for an older guy where his ailing bedridden wife had been so he could sell up

there was no loving ripping that carpet out but the bare floorboards looked better than the carpet

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yes I vacuumed. I vac and edge everything. So many push pins, screws, dog hair, and candy wrappers. You gotta vac.

I will be holding a MB auction for the filled Vac bag. Bidding starts at $1

Reactions: Cleanworks

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yes I vacuumed. I vac and edge everything. So many push pins, screws, dog hair, and candy wrappers. You gotta vac.

I will be holding a MB auction for the filled Vac bag. Bidding starts at $1
$0

Reactions: Nomad74

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I was wondering about the wand because it looks so hammered and crusty, is your prespray doing that?

We used to run vt14 overseas wands, I think they are a westpak knock off... not very expensive but after 6 years of heavy use they still look pretty shiney surprisingly.

I was going to order a new devastator for 1800 or whatever but if it looks like that after a year or 2 idk

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I was wondering about the wand because it looks so hammered and crusty, is your prespray doing that?

We used to run vt14 overseas wands, I think they are a westpak knock off... not very expensive but after 6 years of heavy use they still look pretty shiney surprisingly.

I was going to order a new devastator for 1800 or whatever but if it looks like that after a year or 2 idk
Mine is not anodized. It was one of the prototypes. And it looks fine. Just sweaty. Heavily abused and used hard for almost 4 years. Swivel is still within specs.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

I think the mentality is carpet allowance and make it look as good as possible for the walk through!

Because most people buying are going to come in and change flooring anyway!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom