I need a fool-proof wand that doesn't streak.

I have no clue why anyone would install olefin carpet in a grease laden restaurant. I have to clean this carpet with the RX or it streaks really bad. I modified my want and that helped a lot, but it is still not perfect. The RX cleans good but is a little slow. I am also tired of doing late night work and baby sitting my helpers. I am hopeful of the day that I can get a wand that is fool-proof so I can give it to my chimps and let them go to town. I think the new Stryker wand will help me speed up production, and it appears to flush the carpet pretty good. We will see. I have doubts that any wand will clean this carpet unless it is a rotary tool.

012.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
What wand are you having a problem with? My Ti never streaks unless a jet is clogged(which happened one time).

I really never have a problem with streaking except for this one job. Even on residential berber, switching to 110's in the center of my Prochem 4 jet wand made a big difference. I even tried cleaning with the wand and post padding and I could still see streaks so I just use the RX now. I wouldn't mind using the stryker wand. I wish they would get it finished.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use to love the rx-20 for my grease pits, but now I stick with the wand I can make much better time this way. I run 9 flow with the extenders on a 6 jet ti wand and a slot glide. I also love to boost with Citrus Pro on these..

Mikey P

Administrator
A properly adjusted wand, TI, Greenhorn or even the pos Big Boy do not cause streaking.

Only unaware hacks cause streaking.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't listen to Mikey. He just took an automatic dislike to you because you look like a hack cleaning in that stupid muscle shirt.

I don't have any experience with that particular wand, but I do use a Prochem Titanium wand. I noticed streaking with it on occasion when my jets are old and they stop spraying in a uniform spray pattern. With the extenders on, this causes streaking because the jets are so close to the carpet that any lack of uniformity in the pattern hasn't time to adjust before the spray hits the carpet.

Now that I have found a supplier who has check valves that go INSIDE the jets, thus eliminating the need for jet extenders, I don't have that problem anymore. Jet extenders can be as much of a problem as they are a blessing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
prescrun and extract. if your having a streaking problem lower your psi about 75-100. 350-400 after prescrub would rock it out

Greenie

jet extenders do not cause streaking.

and having a spring 1/8" behind a precision orfice can making a wicked vortex as the water spins through the spring, you actually "need" some head space for the cavitation to level out before it slams into the precision orifice to create the fan spray.

Note: most that use Check valve/Jet Extenders use the 110 degree jets with them for a more even spray pattern, if you are a dumbass and use a narrow spray pattern like an 80 deg. jet (against advice), you will have some streaking for sure. If you are the above dumb ass, be sure to mention this little detail before saying jet extenders can streak, or you mislead 1000 cleaners with incomplete information.

Greenhorns don't streak regardless.

I have been cleaning for seven years and never had a carpet streak. This is just a weird situation. And yes only a hack would not try to resolve the situation. I have tried a pre-scrub and post pad. The RX gets the job done right, but I only have one and the job takes way too long with just one tool going. If I had another one, you would have never heard about this issue. My prochem wand has 95's on the outside and 110's on the inside so there is even coverage all the way accross the wand. I lowered my pressure. The streaking is just barely visible and you really have to look for it. The wand just doesn't clean and flush as good as the RX on this carpet. I don't really want to buy another RX, so for now I think I will add a glide and jet extenders to my backup 4 jet. After reading threads for a year about all the different wands on the market I have come to the conclusion that there is no magical wand that will clean in all situations. A holed glide isn't the best tool for a cleaner going for speed and production cleaning empties etc. A cleaner needs an arsenal of tools. My arseanal includes a non glided wand, soon to be glided wand, RX, 175's, and a bunch of hand tools. If a better option comes along I will upgrade as needed. :wink:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
make sure you have fresh stainless jets even stainless will eat out after a couple years. I think a different wanding technique will help you, try this, go over the carpet with a front to back stoke and no overlap side to side, move the wand over a full length each time you go forward with your stroke. go across the area to be cleaned this way, next say your wand stroke is 4 ft in length all the way across the area, next drop down 2 ft and do the same thing, now your 4ft wand stroke is cleaning the last 2ft of your first pass and 2ft of uncleaned carpet, this way everything is getting hit exactly twice, your are going right over the places you either ended your stroke with the wand keyed or stopped and keyed it again, I hope I am explaining that clearly. I have found this will even out ANY carpet that has streaking issues, when I worked for someone at least 6 guys had cleaned a school every year and they had to always go back and redo part of it, I was the only guy who never had anything to redo when I cleaned it, that technique works great on carpets that are caked with dirt and will get rid of streaks even after it drys

CleanEvolve said:
What about a Zipper wand?

I have thought about the zipper wand. It does look easy to use and my chimps could speed up production, but the price is a little high. I only paid 750 for my RX and it had been used 2 times. I would order one with a guarantee that if it streaked I could send it back. Seriously I want to start spending money on me and not my business for a while (NEW TRUCK). You have to draw the line somewhere. We all want the newest toys, but if you can get by with what you have then save your hard earned money. This is just one job and in reality I could just use the RX on the whole place. I think going with a glide on my other 4 jet will make my helpers job a lot easier and more productive.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleaned a olefin berber Sat morning. I used to RX the hec out of these carpets because my old wand would leave streaks, an AW29 style.
I prevac'd, presprayed, and slow pulls with a greenhorn at around 500-600psi, looked great when I left, no streaks, no wicking, just the way I wanted it.

Farenheit251

If your spray pattern is cleaning uneven on that carpet it is cleaning uneven on other carpets too. Sometimes it takes a dirty one to let you know. My Greenhorn wand may be the best money I've spent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom