I need a Fred!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I am absolutely SICK of this SEO game.

Scroll down for Cliffs notes

Andres Tobar had me on the front page of google places in 2011, and I had close to 40 REAL reviews... BUT the "tracking" phone# he used for me, was an out of town# and if a land line called, without using the area code, it would give people a "Disconnected" message, leaving i'm sure a LOT of people thinking we were out of business.

So he corrects it, we drop off places completely, while I wait for the "Pin # Postcard" ... it never comes.

After 3 more attempts Google finally sends the card and our places shows back up (7 pages back, ranked lower than a PET GROOMER for "Carpet Cleaning Lexington", minus EVERY REVIEW... except ONE bad review a competitor left.

He offered to get me back to the #1 page of places, and not charge me anything until then... I accepted the offer but said I would pay him 3x more $$$ if he could get me back... + a $500 bonus.

This has been a year now, and I cant get ahold of him via email or the phone. I just figured he had something personal come up and don't hold it against him. Crap happens.

BUT now I have NO access to my Google places... HE HAS ALL THE LOGIN INFO.

WTF do I do? I want to delete everything, the website, the place page. and just start from scratch.

I need a FRED! I would offer him every cent I have to work for me... but he is already working for my friend Billy Lewis (Local competitor/Dear Friend).

Who here knows ANYONE who posesses a FRACTION of the other-worldy SEO powers , that Fred has?

Cliffs notes:
1.I was on the 1st page of google places

2.Had lots of reviews

3.Had an out of town Tracking phone#, so it was corrected

4.That dropped us off google completley

5.Cant reach my SEO guy after a year

6. I need someone like Fred.

7.HALP!

FredC

Village Idiot
I hate to tell you this but.

Your address is in Versailles.....which you are number one on places for...just above Billy :(.... but that puts you at a serious disadvantage in Lexington proper

not sure that can be overcome with the current ranking structure

Your best chance is organic for Lexington ...you are on page 3 now..........

FredC

Village Idiot
notice when you search carpet cleaning Lexington.....page 6 of places begins the outside of Lexington results...

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Andres set up a "Digital Office" at UPS for me in lexington, and I just paid the monthly fee for the ups box (i'm sure google doesn't like that)
I wanted the Versailles listing deleted, as it is for an old address anyways.

FredC

Village Idiot
no...google doesn't like that...but it still works in some cases

is there a Lexington address listing I missed...or has it been deleted?

FredC

Village Idiot
That is an unclaimed PLUS page (click manage this listing)

make sure you research Service Area Businesses and Plus so you understand the difference between Places and Plus

As far as getting access back this should get you started:

http://blumenthals.com/blog/2011/02...s-how-do-you-claim-an-owner-verified-listing/

Can't really help you much more than that....unless you want to disclose what "every cent I have" means then maybe we can work something out.:D j/k Billy

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
*Slapps forehead, no wonder.

All my stock in Enron, + my first born child.

Seriously though, if there is a skilled SEO guy reading this, i'm offering $350/month plus a $500 bonus once i'm at LEAST #2 on places (IDGAS about being #1 organic, that never netted me ONE phone call) Places is all I care about.

FredC

Village Idiot
Did I tell you about the time I used to work for your competitor Billy?................................

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I'm finishing up a restaurant right now, I told my tech "just put that large (sharp) screwdriver in the front seat" I gots to make a trip to Versailles before the next job!

man a guy can't even go out and do an honest days work without someone trying to steal his "hired gun"

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Fred - is there a forum (preferably) with tapatalk access that could help us not so SEO experts learn some things?

Easy to spend alot of time on these sites

http://forums.seochat.com/

http://www.blackhatworld.com/ For the dark arts, a bit of black magic that can be dangerous - beware

I feel your pain Ashley. I too was a victim of Andres Tobar, purveyor of black hat seo techniques. He fell off the turnip truck and stopped communications with the outside world. I am still picking up the pieces of the google spanking I received from his way of doing business.

Hey Fred, have any clones?

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I hate to tell you this but.

Your address is in Versailles.....which you are number one on places for...just above Billy :(.... but that puts you at a serious disadvantage in Lexington proper

not sure that can be overcome with the current ranking structure

Your best chance is organic for Lexington ...you are on page 3 now..........

X2... there are some instances depending on the amount of competition and other factors where an outside city address will appear in another city's searches. But for now having an address in that city will prevail in the places arena.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom