I need a new truck

Buck1955

Name
John
My present setup is a 2002 WM 1200 pro high heat 5.9 blower with 1800 hours. I am shocked at what the new ones are going for. Prices have more than doubled since starting in 92. C'Mon Butler and the other big 2, $30,000 plus the van? With the van I'd like I'm at almost $65,000 for new.

Since Bawb is retired and wont rebuild me a Steam Genie I'm thinking of paying to put my WM in a newer van. I know I'll need a new driveshaft since they've changed the front ends on Chevy's.

Even if this costs me $8000 to swap vans, I should be able to find a low miles van for around $20,000. I'm still saving a lot of cash, right? Any feedback?

Thanks!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nothing decreases in price over time.

Now the value obtained may be in question, but the price always rises.

Have YOU raised YOUR prices lately?

Buck1955

Name
John
Hey Hogman! Hope all is well. My prices are like playing blackjack, as close to 21 as possible without busting.

F

FB7777

Hard to compare $65,000 ALL brand new with your scenario of a used van and $8000 swap

If you are considering a used van, why not a reconditioned Butler System to go in it?

That's what I did with my 2000 van back in 2003

You'll save about $5000 vs new on the Butler unit and you'll still have you're old system to either sell or keep as a back up

I will concede that the new setups are getting really expensive though... Next unit for me I may consider a brand new van , reconditioned Butler and swap out the added options ( electric hose reel , filter box , garden hose ) from the van I will be selling instead of buying new options

falcans

Name
Richard
i have a red ambulance 1998 ford e350 im willing to sell it to you for cheap! it has 222000 km but im in canada but importing is really easy its diesel also you will save 3o to 50% on fuel costs reason for selling i'm moving to a trailer i currently have my gas truckmount inside its huge

I'm thinking about 7,000

km to miles 137944

I just replaced original parts its a 7.3 l too so its a huge engine and you will save so much fuel using the pto sense diesel only burns when the wheels move

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
My present setup is a 2002 WM 1200 pro high heat 5.9 blower with 1800 hours. I am shocked at what the new ones are going for. Prices have more than doubled since starting in 92. C'Mon Butler and the other big 2, $30,000 plus the van? With the van I'd like I'm at almost $65,000 for new.

Since Bawb is retired and wont rebuild me a Steam Genie I'm thinking of paying to put my WM in a newer van. I know I'll need a new driveshaft since they've changed the front ends on Chevy's.

Even if this costs me $8000 to swap vans, I should be able to find a low miles van for around $20,000. I'm still saving a lot of cash, right? Any feedback?

Thanks!

If you want to contact me i will give you some inside scoop on your options. I have been playing with this same idea for a while now.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
That is a good truck with a good machine, why mess with perfection. Invest a few grand in your current truck and fix whatever you are not happy with.

Take the money you saved that is burning a hole in your pocket and buy a motorcycle, this will make you happier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom