I need a product(chems) recommendation...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We have a roller rink we do once a year(told him many times do it more often - doubtful), his concessions area gets hammered with pop/soda spills. He wants it to look nice longer(who doesn't, lol).

He asked about protector, but not much good protector is going to do when giant pops are spilled and no one cleans it up.

I was thinking about just getting him some peroxide and ammonia for the pop. But, maybe some sort of encap would be a better spotter for them? Encap and pop seems like a sticky mess.

This place is hardly thriving, so clean it more often would be a tuff sell.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jerry encap products would work well on the pop.

Last year one of the guys opened a bottle of soda and as he walked into the office he dropped it on right on the carpet.The carpet is CGD and it is in a very high traffic area. I told my supervisor to clean it right away it looked awful, I meant HWE. He encaped it with a Cimex....not even OP with our Orbots .
:hopeless:

I was a little upset and told him when every he could have the guys steam itout. Several weeks later he asked if I still wanted it extracted. I couldn't even find the spill, no resoiling nothing not even a halo where they had worked on it. The carpet could use a cleaning now but even after 8-months you couldn't find the spot if you wanted to.

Half a bottle of soda and NO extraction, I'm still blown away. It gave me a lot more confidence in encapping too.

Reactions: Carpet Cavalier

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Personally would give him a quote for 2-3 encap cleanings just for that area, should be pretty inexpensive for him and very profitable for you.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Just work out a special deal for more often "touch up" type cleaning in between.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
steam way 601 and a water claw will flush out all the sugars and for good measure spray some CTI ARA afterwards and dry it fast. If that doesn't work I will refund you the price of the product.....deal?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
It's being steam cleaned Monday, after that I will give them some type of encap spotter.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom