I need more suction and cannot figure out how to get it? Help!!

jake.hdm

Name
Jake ness
1a7802d9cee07f59b4d3e8c9b36e9511.jpg

Name
Nate W.
I'd take off the front glide on the wand... Also take off the 90 degree elbow on the waste tank, and replace it with a 2" vacuum hose to the 90 degree elbow on the blower... That tape doesn't look like it's sealing very well... Take off 1 of the 90 degree brass fittings and put a vacuum gauge there... So you have some kind of metric's to go off of... Take off your blower filter to see if your suction improves... Do all of that first, and let us know...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If you used to get better dry times with the same setup let's look for what has changed.

Is that the vacuum relief in the upper left corner of the waste tank lid? It looks like one but I don't see a spring.

The belts from the motor to the blower look too small for the sheaves - what size are they - A, B, etc.? Could explain the squeek (and maybe slippage).

What size are your jets on the wand?

Did you order a set of gauges (hint hint...)?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Ok so place the wand on the carpet and then walk to the truck and listen for air leaks. I can hear them from the truck if something's wrong. Make sure the blower belts don't slip under load. Also listen to the hose it sounds different when something is wrong. Your ears will learn over time. Suck a rag through the hose and check for it in your waste tank. Certain items can get turned sideways like wooden toothpicks and cause a blockage. Reverse your hose if it doesn't come through and suck out the problem.
Check the wand
Gene

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Did you find a filter inside the waste tank? Clean?
If no filter you may want to disassemble that piping from the tank to the blower and look for things that may have gotten sucked in and obstrucing the air path.

That piping should be replaced with a proper setup but as long as it's not obstructed or leaking probably not your main issue.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Although it has nothing to do with your dry times, I also notice your solution pump belt is mis-aligned. It will shorten the belt and pulley life.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Is that an optical illusion, or is the suction from the tank to the blower connected way down low on the tank? Like a foot or more down from the lid? How do you avoid sucking solution through the blower as the tank fills up?

gtech12v

I'd take off the front glide on the wand... Also take off the 90 degree elbow on the waste tank, and replace it with a 2" vacuum hose to the 90 degree elbow on the blower... That tape doesn't look like it's sealing very well... Take off 1 of the 90 degree brass fittings and put a vacuum gauge there... So you have some kind of metric's to go off of... Take off your blower filter to see if your suction improves... Do all of that first, and let us know...
I agree loose all hose elbows and make a better connection from the blower to the waste tank also the glide is on the wrong place put it on the back lip of the wand

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Is that an optical illusion, or is the suction from the tank to the blower connected way down low on the tank? Like a foot or more down from the lid? How do you avoid sucking solution through the blower as the tank fills up?

i would hope ther is a 90* up tube to the top of the tank...and you only have HALF of a glide take that front part off and have a scratch wand.....other than that it looks lik a real pos!

Reactions: dgardner

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
1cd912dc1dba8d7813b114a12bf1bb74.jpg

Pulleys on the engine look too large .

Are they designed for the belts you using ??

Belts that are too small for the pulleys will cause slippage.

What is the exact number on the belts are you using ?

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
While Dan & Larry bring up good points, I think Nate may be on to something with the tape. If that tape is meant to seal the tank, it doesn't appear to be doing so. Its not tight in the corners, does it hiss air when a load is put on it?

jake.hdm

Name
Jake ness
So I changed belts to larger ones, had a new lid made for recovery tank, with new relief valve, took glide off, took pvc off changed to 2 inch hose, turned psi down from 500 to 350. And ordered new gauges. Did a carpet job this afternoon 3.5 hours dry time!!! Thank you for all your help everyone. Now what wand should I buy?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
That's great Jake! Perhaps it was a case of all the little things adding up to a big problem. Putting in gauges will allow you to catch the slow decline in the future before it becomes a big issue again.

Once you get the vac gauge installed you may be able to fine tune your vacuum relief level to eke a little more performance out of your system.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay looking at the pictures at your pulleys it looks as though you are running standard 3/8 auto belts. The belts are setting way to deep in the pulleys. You need 1/2 wide belts. If you are running 3/8 belts they are bottoming out on the pulleys center. they will spin the blower but under load they will slip easily. 1/2 belt should set flush with pulley grooves.
In fact it looks like your water pump belt is also to small

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Those belts are slipping I would say look at them and also the cat pump and clutch don't look like they line up to the blower pully.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Tom, if you read through the posts we mentioned that, and he's already changed the belts....

Ralph we already mentioned the misalignment as well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What a bunch of great guys......

I am impressed..

you've been a member since '09, Rick
I'm curious why you're surprised ..or impressed?

this is pretty common place here.

this IS the World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum because the world's greatest carpet cleaners, marketers, mechanics, businessmen and BD's alike are ALL here

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Hey, maybe we could get volunteers to go to the other boards to spend a day and help them out. Kinda like a mission trip where we help build churches. Spread the knowledge in the name of love.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom