I need some great marketing ideas for a small community!

brianeboatman

I live in a town of about 6k people. I already have the contract for the local apartment complexes. They are my base. I am looking for effective, yet inexpensive ways to market to my little townspeople. Ideas would be appreciated.

Brian

Jay D

Name
Jay D
chamber of commerce, website, realtors, network with anyone and everyone. relational marketing worked decent for me in a small town.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
At least it should be easy to get on the top of the net.

Register your Google Places listing if you haven't already. Don't worry you don't even need a website and it's FREE advertising.

A newspaper ad or community paper could be inexpensive in your area.

If you have more time that money Flyer your community.

In such a small town a well lettered or wrapped vehicle could get a lot of attention.

Remember often the best advertising is from your army of happy client bragging to their friends.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
brianeboatman said:
I live in a town of about 6k people. I already have the contract for the local apartment complexes. They are my base. I am looking for effective, yet inexpensive ways to market to my little townspeople. Ideas would be appreciated.
In our little town of 12,000 a professionally lettered van with striking colors was by far our best investment. People would tell me, "I see your vans all over town." (We only had one.)

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS In any size town a web site that doesn't look like a semi-literate 12 year old put it up will pay off big.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jay D said:
chamber of commerce, website, realtors, network with anyone and everyone. relational marketing worked decent for me in a small town.

I concur

and Steve T is dead on about the van and getting it logo'd or wrapped.

Make sure they know it's a carpet cleaning van.

Networking is huge for getting started. If you half a personality and are willing to GIVE BACK....it does really well.

The mistake most make is the "it's all about me" when joining the Networking groups.

The biggest participant is the one who gets all the leads.

Mikey P

Administrator
6K?

make it a point to shoot the shit with each and every. Find common interests or learn to fake them, gain the "town's" trust and you good as gold.

Pet the dogs and show up at church.

Do some charity work and drive your well formualtedly wrapped van everywhere.

F

FB7777

great ideas by Mike, Jay D and Brian Robison and I'll add...

do business with other businesses in town!!! Not the larger chains because its $10 cheaper

Your community will support you if you support it

Eat breakfast at the "townie" greasie spoon with the other locals... its a great way to network and also gain information about the community

Sponsor the youth teams

become a town meeting rep if thats your form of gov't

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I donate cleanings to school's when they have fund raisers and make sure I have a logo'd shirt on when you attend school functions etc. People are like ( oh thats the rug guy..) I get more jobs at the playgrounds and lemonade stands than anywhere else. Mom's are your clientele..not cave man dad's. Send your woman to the nail salons and stuff..YOU go to all the bake sales with your kids..or neighbors kids or whatever. Mom is the boss of the house..and cuts the checks. Find a way to reach the moms..make them love you, and you will be printing money

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom