I need to find someone to shear a wool carpet..

Mikey P

Administrator
I wrote about this client a while back, fuzzy wool Berber/Dyson...yadayayda ya da.

Anyways the Inspector they got concluded that the construction is fine and it just needs shearing.

I dont know why he didn't refer someone but it's fallen into my lap to locate one for the owner.

Any suggestions?

G

Ray Morgan sounds like your man. He is down around L.A. somewhere.

Mikey P

Administrator
TO fly a guy to the bay area from LA just to shear 3 small rooms cant be cost effective.

Should I tell them to get a bag of Gillette shavers and have at it?

harryhides

Name
Tony
I've sent you a pm with a tel # of a guru, Fred, that can help you.

If you go the electric clipper route get one that has a "rug blade". Fred would be able to advise you on that score too. Handy little tool.

If you want a demo at next years MF that might interest a few.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Although I don't recommend this, I have heard of it being done (in a pinch) with one of those clothing shavers from J C Penny that is normally used to take the fuzz balls off of sweaters.

These shavers do work well on some upholstery with pilling issues, but I wouldn't want to use on 3 rooms.

Scott Warrington

Greg Loe

Ray has shearing on his web site and how to do it. Maybe you can just rent a shearer from him and have it shipped to you.

Fred Geyen

Fly Shorty over here mate. Give the Guy a glass of something or other and I am sure the price would be right.

R

R W

Embroiderers have a stitch removing shear.......kinda small, but it works.

embsupplies.com item number 840-165

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom