I-Pad question

hogjowl

Idiot™
My kids are off in college, so I am asking you young folk here about these I-pad things. I think I want to buy one so that I can access ServiceMonster on the go. I think I read somewhere that the i-pad is the one that works with SM. Is that correct?

I assume the display will be slightly off from what a full version on my lap-top will look like? Is it functional enough to allow me to not only view my customer information, but also create invoices, schedule jobs and such?

Are there any other accessories or "things" I will need to purchase to make this thing work? Will I have to get this "tapatalk" thing I hear you guys talking about if I want to post on MB with it?

Will I be able to take pictures with it and post them on the net?

F

FB7777

I can't answer the SM questions, but I access MB exclusively with either my iPad or iPhone

Don't need tapatalk to navigate Mikeysboard but someone that uses it can answer if its better

I have no problem posting pictures here from the iPad

Knowing you are on the frugal side, I have the iPad 2 which you can get for under $400 . Unless you want higher resolution with retina display ( iPad3 ) the older generation iPad is a great device for the money

Mikey P

Administrator
no tablet uses IE so you'll only be able to access the Mobile version of SM at this point in time. You can do what you listed with Mobile but it's not nearly as easy as it is as on the full version. I only use Mobile for looking at history, viewing a light version of the schedule or to find an address. Get a small lap top if you really want to use SM in the customers home.

personally, since I got my Samsung Note 2 my tablet use has dramatically decreased.

when IE finally works on tabs and phones, then make the move.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It can do just about everything you want, but show "flash" so some things you won't be able to read.

My wife uses it to play games on and uses her laptop for internet and email.

Mikey P

Administrator
the huge screen lets my failing eyesite deal with using SM Mobile, credit card processing, using the calandar for my personal schedule, using the calculator, typing emails, GPS, photos, video (your favorite) AND playing on/running this board SO MUCH EASIER

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
your a bit behind the 8 ball when it comes to technology .....

you may just want to keep plugging away with the one you got..and leave well enough alone.......

images-4_zpsab7a668f.jpg

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I have not liked my iPad with sm in past

However with new mini pad, 4g, it's quicker than my ultra book for accessing info, numbers

Name
BradFenstermaker
Laptop and use the full version. Everybody has wireless router now, just ask if you can hop on if ya need too.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My wife and I both have iPads. I take my mini on the road with me daily and have grown to really like it with Service Monster. My wife is home most of the time with our 3 year old. She said that sometimes she uses the iPad 2 to do scheduling but usually uses the PC in our office if she can. She's just more comfortable typing on the PC. So she's the one usually scheduling and it is okay for that, and I'm on the road and I really like it for customers homes. A lot of people seem to be pretty tech savvy and they appreciate that we are too. For on the road I personally would only consider 2 devices; iPad mini or Galaxy Nexus 7. The Nexus is a little smaller but it's also only $199 direct from Google while the mini is $329. These prices are for the wifi versions only and will have to be tethered to a smartphone (easier than it sounds). The tablet I chose would be determined by the smartphone I carry. I think there are benefits to staying within the same operating system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: hogjowl

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Oh, and I spoke to Service Monster today. They have a new mobile version that will be out soon that is fully functional, like the desktop version.

Name
Ron lippold
I have a I pad if someone wants it. I don't like it for me. I'm going to windows 8. Six months old 350 perfect condition with commando protection.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Service Monsters current version works well for being on the road IMO. It's all personal preference, but I wouldn't trade my iPad mini for a bulky laptop. I do have the luxury of having my wife at home to schedule the jobs though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
After reading this thread, and speaking to a very helpful person from another board (over the phone), not the board of six, I have decided that Satan is a bit off about the functionality of SM on an I-Pad and I am again considering the purchase of one for use with SM.

Thanks for all your help.

And KMA to Mr. Noassatall in Az.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I use my IPad for just about everything. Processing my credit cards, all work related issues.you will love having one. I can't live without mine. Takes great pics for work and videos great. Best purchase!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom