I pay to get my phone to ring.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
Last month, I stopped my ads to see if I could get my phone to ring organically. Well, I have learned that it is not ringing once I stopped the ads. I believe it to be a way of advertising now.

Yes, I cold call, market, send postcards. But I am not hitting those marks for cleaning. I'd like to be at $60k-$80k in residential this upcoming year. (5 years in business btw)

So with that, I see a trend of jobs in substantial homes also where I go to measure and seem to lose those prospects for high pricing (1500+sqft). I'll ask myself once if I am shooting myself in the foot by not offering a price where I may have a repeat client instead of a one-time clean.

Can any of you guys and gals share any advice? What am I missing here? What advice can you share to work and grow the amount of revenue I am seeking?

Last edited:

U. S. VET.

Name
U. S. VET.
Last month, I stopped my ads to see if I could get my phone to ring organically. Well, I have learned that it is not ringing once I stopped the ads. I believe it to be a way of advertising now.

Yes, I cold call, market, send postcards. But I am not hitting those marks for cleaning. I'd like to be at $60k-$80k in residential this upcoming year. (5 years in business btw)

So with that, I see a trend of jobs in substantial homes also where I go to measure and seem to lose those prospects for high pricing (1500+sqft). I'll ask myself once if I am shooting myself in the foot by not offering a price where I may have a repeat client instead of a one-time clean.

Can any of you guys and gals share any advice?
You have a few different things on the table.
R. O. I.‘s show ( graph/ line bar / ? ), relationships that reveal the reason the phone rings more / less
1.) bad weather vs. a normal trend
2.) holiday season triggers different demographics
3.) horizon events vs. competitor’s heavy coupon dis.
Helps you understand why something is happening

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're doing something right to get the opportunity to bid. You need to figure out why they aren't choosing you.

5-6 years ago I would have wondered if you weren't selling yourself well enough.

However now days even those that can afford it, want a deal. Not to be deceptive but I wonder if you shouldn't price as you normally would but then make a limited time offer (desperation pitch).

Any good reason- Cancellation, gap in schedule, van payment due, taxes, insurance, childs dental bill. Just a reason for the sale. Car dealers do it all the time. Hail sale when the hail was too small to damage the vehicles.

If you sense some price resistance you can also offer a discount by doing less. Traffic areas instead of whole rooms.

Another thought, offer them something if they choose your full bid. A free chair cleaning, entry mats or small rug, protector in the dining room or deodorant, something of value.

???

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
You have a few different things on the table.
R. O. I.‘s show ( graph/ line bar / ? ), relationships that reveal the reason the phone rings more / less
1.) bad weather vs. a normal trend
2.) holiday season triggers different demographics
3.) horizon events vs. competitor’s heavy coupon dis.
Helps you understand why something is happening
Are you asking to show these things you mention?

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
MFB
Reviews
More reviews
A nice website
FB presence on local pages
Emails to existing clients
Kiss some babies.
I've invested in a local company to work on my SEO/Website.

Reviews on Google are up to 180 and continue to grow. I get 3-5 a month.

Babies are the number one way I connect to my clients. People do connect with me other than that. I am a good conversationalist.

I keep up with Instagram, Facebook, Google Posts.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've invested in a local company to work on my SEO/Website.

Reviews on Google are up to 180 and continue to grow. I get 3-5 a month.

Babies are the number one way I connect to my clients. People do connect with me other than that. I am a good conversationalist.

I keep up with Instagram, Facebook, Google Posts.

whats your repeat rate?

Reactions: LCCFL

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
whats your repeat rate?
Very minimal. I can count with my fingers. I do have some clients that will call around twice a year. But it is only a few. I'd say 5-10 people. I don't have my CRM opened to find a substantial amount, but I am pretty sure it is pretty low.

hogjowl

Idiot™
This damn spell check on my phone drives me nuts 😂😂😂. Put your glasses on your eyes 😂
AC8C007A-8575-499E-AC58-BD9153677C8F.jpeg

Mikey P

Administrator
Very minimal. I can count with my fingers. I do have some clients that will call around twice a year. But it is only a few. I'd say 5-10 people. I don't have my CRM opened to find a substantial amount, but I am pretty sure it is pretty low.
ok, I think it's safe to say you are doing something wrong in the home. After 5 years you should be seeing 30% or more calling back at least once a year.

possibilities..

Not personable enough
Not trustworthy enough
Come off as a perv
Shitty results

in other words, you have have halitosis......

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
ok, I think it's safe to say you are doing something wrong in the home. After 5 years you should be seeing 30% or more calling back at least once a year.

possibilities..

Not personable enough
Not trustworthy enough
Come off as a perv
Shitty results

in other words, you have have halitosis......
I always chew gum 😂😂😂 and I tend to touch myself from time to time.

• Haha
Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot

What are you doing to market to them?

Presumably these are the people that are giving you glowing reviews.

Do they fall into some category that is unlikely to call back like moveouts?

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
What are you doing to market to them?

Presumably these are the people that are giving you glowing reviews.

Do they fall into some category that is unlikely to call back like moveouts?
For repeats, postcards, and emails.
New prospects, Facebook, Google ads, IG, Youtube, cold calling, emailing (if email is accessible) B2B

Reactions: FredC

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
not what you wanted to hear, IM sure but hopefully you get the gist
Yea but on the bright side, if these fookers can make a living at it. You should be able to make a million at it.

Are you bidding after a day out on the job? I'd do bids 1st thing of the day. Wear a nice embroidered shirt with a collar. Switch shirts when you clean save these only for bids. Same with pants, new, saved only for bids.

Read the people, those that want to engage talk it up, explain your process, investment in equipment. Those that don't want to talk, have literature about you, your company and equipment they can read as you walk through.

There is some disconnect somewhere. As Mike mentioned you should be building a base not one and done even in a fickle market. ???

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Can any of you guys and gals share any advice? What am I missing here? What advice can you share to work and grow the amount of revenue I am seeking?
Make sure your work quality is the best so that you are getting referrals. Don't be afraid to ask for referrals. I never cold call residential but I do a lot of commercial. Walk by or even into places where you think it would be a profitable and easy set up job. Let the receptionist know who you are and ask to speak to the manager. The worst they can do is say no. If you do any vlm, shopping malls are good territories. I have a shoe store I picked up like that. I can park right by the elevator and bring my equipment up easily. $400 for 1.5 hours. Almost seems like stealing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom