I Pre-Vac, Should I buy pile lifter?

Mike Draper

If I can pull up tons of dirt with a nice vacuum, then wouldn't one of these pull up even more dirt, be a deeper clean and faster too than doing multiple passes with another vac?

pile-lifter-pic.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got one of those sitting in my garage in mint condition... They are not really good vacuums...I can get more out with my upright then what those can pick up......but...they do work good for a pile that is walked down and crushed

okccarpetman

i pre vac- with a 10amp royal vac.. it was the best $750 i ever spent . its about 5 yrs old they are so good i bought 2 of them they pick up pile and stuff better then any vac.. every time the custumer says they vac'ed first , i say watch this and fill the bag everytime...

james

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
B-Man;

The Certified Pile Brush is a great vacuum and agitator.

We always used one on all of our commercial jobs.
It is speced by several mills for commercial maintenance.
It's great for recovering Host or Capture from previous cleanings.

The dirt-trap vacuum chamber does have to be sealed properly for best results.

Certified even makes an adapter to hook up to the TM for tough jobs.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
A true professional should be cleaning and sanitizing their customers vacuum prior to leaving, and should provide a short training demonstration on how to properly vacuum. All this is in an effort to insure optimal indoor air quality, and carpet health long after the cleaner leaves.

It is the responsibility of the professional cleaner to insure proper cleaning is performed between professional service appointments.

And remember the 45/90 vacuuming guide is paramount.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Re: I Pre-Vac, Should I buy pile lifter?-ANYONE HAVE A USED ONE

Does anyone have a used pile lifter and how much would u sell it for??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
haha i like the pre-vacuum banner at the top mikey

thats great

dry soil removable...thats what its all about

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: I Pre-Vac, Should I buy pile lifter?-ANYONE HAVE A USED ONE

jstucky said:
Does anyone have a used pile lifter and how much would u sell it for??

I got one sitting in the garage I will let you have for $600 plus shipping...but I will be fair and warn you....you are wasting your money just like I did when I bought it.. ( I think I paid something like $1300 for it ).they are not what everyone thinks they are or wants to lead you to believe............just get a good upright...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I paid a little more than that Jim and I used mine on every job for a long time until I realized it was needed a good upright works just fine. I use the Hoover Mach 6 and am very happy not lugging the pile lifter and getting excellent results

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I got a GREAT deal on my Cert PB when i bought it.
It was completely refurbished and like new...I won't tell you what I paid...

But like Jim and most others who have them, they're NOT a great vac.
They're great for digging impacted soil from com, but they're NOT a great vac.
(yes Larry, ALL the seals were new and I've also hooked it to the TM vac)

We don't use ours very often....little to none in the last year
Probably would use it more, but there's not enough room on the van for a rotary and a the PB.
The rotary is more versatile and used much more, so it gets the floor space in the van

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Get a GLS/CRB/Host machine instead.

Use it after you pre spray to lift the pile.

It will also dig out embedded pet hair and sand like you wont believe.
Great for tile and stone work as well.

Mike Draper

Mikey P said:
Get a GLS/CRB/Host machine instead.

Use it after you pre spray to lift the pile.

It will also dig out embedded pet hair and sand like you wont believe.
Great for tile and stone work as well.

Wouldn't my prochem procaps machine do the same thing?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim & Larry;

The Pile Brush MUST have the blue Cigarette rubber seal between the aluminum plate and the brush.

It is missing on almost all the Pile Bushes...
that we get in to service.

Similar to a TM missing a vac lid gasket.

Larry

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i didnt read any replies, but take a look at the X-vac by Kleenrite. supposedly good suc power and it is a pile lifter.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
Jim & Larry;

The Pile Brush MUST have the blue Cigarette rubber seal between the aluminum plate and the brush.

It is missing on almost all the Pile Bushes...
that we get in to service.

Similar to a TM missing a vac lid gasket.

Larry

Larry, I already mentioned the seal was replaced w/new

There's a reason there's a sand trap on them
and that's cause very little of it makes it to the bag

They're a great tool for digging impacted soil, (much heavier and able to dig more gunk than a CRB) but a poor vacuum from my experience

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my seals are all like brand new....It has more miles on it moving it out of my way then using it on carpet...the thing is in mint condition ..it is just a POS vacuum..........

steve g

Name
steve garrett
back when I was a rookie at rainbow, I had a job that had tons tons of pet hair, we had a PB sitting in the back that noone used so I took it and tried it, it vacced the shit out of the carpets and removed all of the pet hair, at the end I remember thinking damn do I even need to use the truckmount. this was back when I didn't REALLY know that much of what I was doing, I sure would like to try one out now knowing what I know now.

Greenie

It's interesting to read Larry Cobb's comments, cause up til now, I've always heard exactly what Jim and Meat had reported, excellent pile lifter, so so vacuum.

Maybe it's just the physics of trying to energize a 3" brush roll and vacuum chamber, that is a lot of area to let vacuum through.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
As long as you know that you have to vaccuum follow a pile lifting, then a pile lifter or crb or GLs or Host machine is going to do what it was designed to do and that is dig the deep down crap that a regular vaccuum can't get too. Very valuable tool on commercial. When you need it, it makes all the difference in the world. When you don't have it and need it, You get crappy results. But 90% of the residentials do not need it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If it hasn't got a clear cannister you are only guessing if you've removed the soil. That pile lifter at the top needs a refit!

admiralclean said:
A true professional should be cleaning and sanitizing their customers vacuum prior to leaving, and should provide a short training demonstration on how to properly vacuum. All this is in an effort to insure optimal indoor air quality, and carpet health long after the cleaner leaves.

It is the responsibility of the professional cleaner to insure proper cleaning is performed between professional service appointments.

A true professional would have that as an add-on. BUt that's what the vacuum retailers are for, they provide maintenance for the machines and thats what most require. I don't want to become an expert in vacuum repair, but I CAN tell them what to look for themselves.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Welcome to the board Shaun;

Are you Bill's son?

I saw your name, and wondered if you have access and info on the original wand testing that Bill did while developing the Kleen-Rite floor wands.

I remember some testing he did over sand to determine impact data.

Larry Cobb

Hi Larry,

Yes I am Bill's son. Not sure where the test data went now but yes it was done as an impact test over sand.

Shaun Hachtmann

Greenie

Hot Damn! I love to see the second generation, (or third) post in long established companies, I have a billion questions for the old timers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom