I ran out of O2 Rinse...

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I'm screwed, I thought I had a whole case of Judsons O2 sitting on the shelf... EMPTY!

I have a Nasty CGD office complex tonight, Judsons O2 rinse has been the ONLY thing keeping wick-back to a minimum.

I don't want to just Clear water rinse... Would Vinegar or something help rinse better than plain water?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I would probably just rely on the heat/clear water...wouldn't water being neutral almost like Judson is neutral be what you want instead of Vinegar on the acid side...?????

Judson is good stuff..man....I have been comparing it to End Zone...Anyone else have comparison results on them or opinions???

hogjowl

Idiot™
Seriously, why do you think Judsons reduces wick backs? Because it removes more soil? That may be the case (I use the stuff too), but I think water removal is more important.

Just take a few fans with you, do a really good dry stroke and get the job done with a water rinse. (Unless you have an emulsifier on hand. If so, use that.)

Greenie

what else you got on the shelf to pick from?
There is something in O2 that helps with wicking I just don't know what the magic is, mebe Les will spill it?

Just use whatever Marty suggest in a PM.

TimP

If you got an emulsifier on the truck of some other sort or find a local distributor and get something with some kick to it, that's what I'd do. Like marty says a rinse aint really gonna fix wick back it's gonna just flush the crap out better.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
admiralclean said:
Seriously, why do you think Judsons reduces wick backs? Because it removes more soil? That may be the case (I use the stuff too), but I think water removal is more important.

Just take a few fans with you, do a really good dry stroke and get the job done with a water rinse. (Unless you have an emulsifier on hand. If so, use that.)

I dont THINK it reduces wick backs... It just DID.

Ive cleaned this same carpet for 6 years and ALWAYS had a great deal of Wicking (Carpet Squares, with 700+ people and its a Sprint Call center... absolute PIGS)

As soon as I started using Judsons O2 rinse the Wicking virtually stopped immediately.

And we dry stroke the hell out of this place.

Greenie: I have some hacks favorite Butler TM Detergent :|

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not arguing with you about it. I think you may be right. I just wanted to pick your brain over WHY you thought it might help.

Sounds to me like you don't have much choice here.

Water rinse, or the Butler detergent.

Use the Butler stuff.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Just use a weak solution of emulsfier to rinse, you'll do fine after you prespray. Postpad quickly if you're concerned with wicking, but just rinse well and make dry passes on the bad spots. It's good to leave your comfort zone and learn something new.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
One reason I think it works, is because there retard illegal alien Janitors "Shampoo" spot clean, and the O2 rinses that out.

Guess Illl cut WAY back on the butler stuff and use that.

Dealing with wicking issues, is one of the problems that I wanted to address with the O-2 Neutral Rinse.
A lot of wicking comes from dirt being saturated in the tuck of the carpet. We can only extract down to
the moisture barrier and not past it.
As the carpet dries, this embedded dirt in the tuck of the carpet is drawn to the surface of the fibers.
With the soap free O-2 Neutral Rinse, it has a ingredient called sodium borate.
As you extract the carpet you are leaving a small amount of sodium borate in the fibers.
Which evaportes into hydrogen peroxide gas as it dries, no residue after drying.
There are three things that the borate will do to help when extracting.
#1 - Preventing embeded soil from wicking to the surface.
#2 - Continuting to brighten a dingy looking traffic area.
#3 - The borate has disinfectant properties that deal with odor problems.
The next issue when dealing with wicking, is we all know that the sooner the carpet is dry the better.
So we have 99% IPA in the soap free O-2 Neutral Rinse to accellerate the drying of the carpet.
This is especially noticed if you use a air mover.

scaleREDO.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a bout 30 gallons in my fresh tank yesterday when I started my every 2 month pancakes house job.

I dumped about 20 ounces of 02 in it out of curiosity and all I can say is ron lippold.

sweet.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Mikey P said:
I had a bout 30 gallons in my fresh tank yesterday when I started my every 2 month pancakes house job.

I dumped about 20 ounces of 02 in it out of curiosity and all I can say is ron lippold.

sweet.

Dude, you just confused me. :shock:

You added 20oz O2 Rinse to only 30 gallons of fresh water??

30 gallons of water only calls for 6oz o2 rinse :|

Greenie

following directions is not mikeys strength.

but at least he's tossing in something....next time hopefully it's a full tank...lol

"Ron Lippold...sweet" lol

John Watson

Then he wonders why his flippen lights don't work!!!!.

This could get shocking!!!!!

Your right Mikey, Don't have a flippen thing to do with your lights, Why would you even think it did?????

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
BTW, finished the job last night.
Used 1/2 the amount of Butler Detergent (Made me feel like a dirty hack)
Sprayed Cobb's PowerMax with battery sprayer, cleaned up great as usual... But just didn't SHINE like it does with the o2 system :|

Also an update on the upgrades I did to my system,

we ran 400ft hose, first 50ft was 2.5 and we set the machine @ 95% capacity, and it was near impossible to move the un-glided viet cong wand.

It was making that beautiful "RIPPING" sound I usually only hear at 100ft of hose. :twisted:

NOW to run 2.5 all the way to a 10ft 2" whip (only if I use my hole glide SS wand :) )

Greenie

not to many threads get funnier and funnier....

now were down to talking about holes and lips.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Little confused. You dont meter it through the machine? You just put it in the fresh water tank? I like that? Have you noticed much of a difference which way you do it?

TimP

As most of us know mikey has a broken chem meter system so the only way to rinse with a chem is to dump it in his fresh tank.

So are we now talking about hot dogs cause I've always been told that they are Lips and _ _ _holes.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Also, I liked the question about comparing end-zone to 02. I am using endzone right now and have had good success with no resoiling issues. I don't know whats in it but seems to be pretty good. I also like it because it is a little on the acidic side and leaves carpet nice and soft.

I like what Les said about 02 helping wickbacks and odor problems. Has anyone seen any problems with resoiling? Does it help with resoiling issues?

TimP

The best I remember about resoil the O2 system is very good. I've used end zone with little problems, I think end zone has some polymers in it and kinda has a sweet smell to it. Over all I like it but it don't have much cleaning ability.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom