I should have hired a professional in the first place

Name
Swani
When I was in my 20's I tried to remodel my bathroom by myself. I didn't have hardly any money or any tools. I made a trip to Fargo which was 60 miles away and bought all my tools from Harbor Freight. I ended up making several more trips back to Harbor Freight because I had to keep replacing my drills because they would start on fire. I believe I burnt up 4. Although the time and money I had into the final project probably cost way more than having it done professionally, I learned a lot and am really glad I got the experience. I'm a learn by doing person even if that means making a ton of mistakes. But after I get it, I will perfect it. Except bathroom remodeling. I would hire that shit out any day no matter how poor I am, but I'd know what I want, and how I wanted it.

Name
Nate W.
When I was in my 20's I tried to remodel my bathroom by myself. I didn't have hardly any money or any tools. I made a trip to Fargo which was 60 miles away and bought all my tools from Harbor Freight. I ended up making several more trips back to Harbor Freight because I had to keep replacing my drills because they would start on fire. I believe I burnt up 4. Although the time and money I had into the final project probably cost way more than having it done professionally, I learned a lot and am really glad I got the experience. I'm a learn by doing person even if that means making a ton of mistakes. But after I get it, I will perfect it. Except bathroom remodeling. I would hire that shit out any day no matter how poor I am, but I'd know what I want, and how I wanted it.

The struggle builds Character.. :lol:

Reactions: Living The Dream

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You need to stop diagnosing your van yourself and bring it to a qualified mechanic. When you are there, keep your mouth shut except for telling him or her, what the symptoms are. Resist the urge to say what you think is wrong because then they will replace those parts without solving the problem.

This turned out well, dealership charges for diagnosis and I'm over $700 in looking fees, and l hope they find it soon, Cylinder 5 misfire new new coil pack and wire still doing it.

Have to do compression test and possible engine rebuild or new engine.

steve_64

20220916_092555.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This turned out well, dealership charges for diagnosis and I'm over $700 in looking fees, and l hope they find it soon, Cylinder 5 misfire new new coil pack and wire still doing it.

I said a qualified mechanic not a dealership. Reminds me of my brother in law years ago. He had a new Volkswagen beetle with fuel injection. It would stall for no apparent reason. The dealership spent several days trying to diagnose it and failed. He stopped by a gas station and it wouldn't restart. A Philippino mechanic comes out to give him a hand and says he knows what the problem is. Turns out to be a loose connection under the rear seat. Turns out he was a Volkswagen mechanic in the Philippines and this was a common problem.

Reactions: SamIam

steve_64

I had to change all my coils and wires to eliminate my problem. Trying to focus on one cylinder is a mistake. Replace them all first. He replaced one coil and it didn't help, he said things were jumping all over but the codes didn't change.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I said a qualified mechanic not a dealership. Reminds me of my brother in law years ago. He had a new Volkswagen beetle with fuel injection. It would stall for no apparent reason. The dealership spent several days trying to diagnose it and failed. He stopped by a gas station and it wouldn't restart. A Philippino mechanic comes out to give him a hand and says he knows what the problem is. Turns out to be a loose connection under the rear seat. Turns out he was a Volkswagen mechanic in the Philippines and this was a common problem.
That's blind luck count your blessings

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom