I stole an American flag from a custy today...

-JB-

Name
JB
right out of the trash.
Kinda pissed me off seeing it jammed upside down pole and all in the trash can in the garage.

I'm not a particularity patriotic soul I suppose, but after just having cleaned the local American Legion hall, and seeing the box for worn flags out front, how hard would it have been to dispose of it proper?

So it did it for them.

Sorry if I offended any all y'all J-wits.
:roll:

JB said:
right out of the trash.
Kinda pissed me off seeing it jammed upside down pole and all in the trash can in the garage.

I'm not a particularity patriotic soul I suppose, but after just having cleaned the local American Legion hall, and seeing the box for worn flags out front, how hard would it have been to dispose of it proper?

So it did it for them.

Sorry if I offended any all y'all J-wits.
:roll:
JB for President !!

-JB-

Name
JB
but after just having cleaned the local American Legion hall, and seeing the box for worn flags out front...

and George Washington said,
[center:eek:zbvjaan]"The thing that sets the American Christian apart from all other people in the world is,
he will die on his feet before he will live on his knees."[/center:eek:zbvjaan]

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Instructions
Step 1:
Take the United States flag down, and replace it with a new one when you see signs of wear. It needs to be disposed of in a fitting way that shows respect. Do not just throw it in the garbage.
Step 2:
Contact your local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), Girl Scout or Boy Scout Troop, Knights of Columbus or Local Elks club to see if they offer the disposal service and ceremony for worn-out United States flags. Retired flags are often disposed of on the 14th of June--Flag Day. They are burned or buried, often in an official ceremony.
Step 3:
Do not burn all flags. Wool and cotton flags can be burned. Many flags are now made of materials that contain hazardous petroleum-based chemicals such as formaldehyde and carbon monoxide. These are released into the atmosphere in gaseous form when burned. This includes nylon and plastic flags. Some areas forbid the burning of nylon.
Step 4:
Consider making a small donation to the organization you use for the proper disposal of your old United States flag.
Tips & Warnings
Some United States flags are historically significant. Before you dispose of old ones that you may have found, check into their history, and make sure you are not discarding a United States flag that has special historical or monetary value.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom