I think its almost impossible..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
to tell and show a female homeowner that her vacuum isn't working properly due to poor maintenance without insulting her.
I just say let me see your vacuum.

Mostly my peeps know they can't keep a good vacuum working.

3 minutes later and they're experts.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had to tell a woman today to go buy a vacuum. The house was sooooo bad. Her two German Shepherds tore up the recliner chair and pillow. Foam and feathers all over the house. Also dried dog shit in the carpet.

I put it to her like this...... If you are in the market for a vacuum, do what I do. Go to Best Buy, get a shark and get the extended warranty. You'll never need to buy a new vacuum again.

She then asked why I wasn't using my Kirby like I had done in the past. I told her I like my shark because I can edge with it. I then pulled out the edger and sucked up a bunch of feathers in demonstration.

I was hoping I didn't offend her, but she was in dire need of a wake-up call.

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've also had a very bad day trying to help my Dad buy a house. He is dicking around so bad with the seller, Realtor, and Title company its embarrassing. He was supposed to close today and basically refused at the last minute unless the seller takes $10k more off the price. Unbelievable. I had the real estate agent calling me all day trying to save the deal. I had to turn off my phone. I told my dad I'm done helping him. He turned this into a circus. It's crap like this is why we didn't talk for 13 years.

The entire process on buying this house has been a battle. He has tried to boobytrap it from the start. He would get fixated on one thing and make the seller run around trying to make him happy. First it was an abandon car on the property, so the seller made it go away, then it was the lumber pile in the backyard, seller made that go away. Then it was the drywall left in the garage, realtor hired a guy and made it go away. Then it was the propane tank was only 5% filled, I told him to shut the hell up and stop trying to sabotage himself. Then it was the furniture, he wanted it included, seller said no. Dad had a pissy fit. On and on.

He has been living in a bumper pull trailer for three years on a guys property. He constantly complains about it. Well, he can stay there and rot.

Last edited:
Name
Swani
I've also had a very bad day trying to help my Dad buy a house. He is dicking around so bad with the seller, Realtor, and Title company its embarrassing. He was supposed to close today and basically refused at the last minute unless the seller takes $10k more off the price. Unbelievable. I had the real estate agent calling me all day trying to save the deal. I had to turn off my phone. I told my dad I'm done helping him. He turned this into a circus. It's crap like this is why we didn't talk for 13 years.

The entire process on buying this house has been a battle. He has tried to boobytrap it from the start. He would get fixated on one thing and make the seller run around trying to make him happy. First it was an abandon car on the property, so the seller made it go away, then it was the lumber pile in the backyard, seller made that go away. Then it was the drywall left in the garage, realtor hired a guy and made it go away. Then it was the propane tank was only 5% filled, I told him to shut the hell up and stop trying to sabotage himself. Then it was the furniture, he wanted it included, seller said no. Dad had a pissy fit. On and on.

He has been living in a bumper pull trailer for three years on a guys property. He constantly complains about it. Well, he can stay there and rot.
Don't let this come between you and your dad. We only get one life, and it's short.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
to tell and show a female homeowner that her vacuum isn't working properly due to poor maintenance without insulting her.

People have changed, and continue to in ways we hadn't expected. Advice to an educated, professional, or for that matter, thin skinned woman can come off as "mansplaining"

Being as objective as you can be, how important is it for you to inspect the
vacuum cleaner, or discuss routine maintenance if she (he, they, etc) haven't asked your advice?

Can you clean the carpet and leave a good impression without walking in that mine field?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
People have changed, and continue to in ways we hadn't expected. Advice to an educated, professional, or for that matter, thin skinned woman can come off as "mansplaining"

vacuum cleaner, or discuss routine maintenance if she (he, they, etc) haven't asked your advice?

Can you clean the carpet and leave a good impression without walking in that mine field?
That's where a good question how's your vacuum working or what vacuum do you have.

I hear alot my vacuum is broke you pre vacuum.

That's when I say let me see your vacuum.

At that point it's pretty easy to see what the problem is.

I'll still pre vacuum, but know they have a working a vacuum and a way to keep it working.

Or there is a great vacuum repair guy out here I refer people to.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator

She definitely wasn't my type of client.

Her regular Marty never returned her calls.

Cpt and vinyl were in horrible shape, she was expecting visitors with higher standards.

I wont be back

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's where a good question has your vacuum working.

I hear alot my vacuum is broke you pre vacuum.

That's when I say let me see your vacuum.

At that point it's pretty easy to see what the problem is.

I'll still pre vacuum, but know they have a working a vacuum and a way to keep it working.

Or there is a great vacuum repair guy out here I refer people to.
Had a customer last who asked if I vacuumed. I said yes and she said great because my vacuum broke. When I got there, I realized that her vacuum probably broke 3 years ago. 2 golden retrievers, one pit bull and 5 cats. Emptied the shark about 5 times.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Her regular Marty never returned her calls.

And so it goes....

The red flag here should have been:

"Why does this cleaner not return her calls?"

Your having been blessed by marrying a sweet lady while yet a very young man and having been isolated from the dating world has left you with a certain blind spot:

There are GOOD reasons why women have a long list of men who have ghosted or deserted them.

It is the same with women who have cleaners who won't return their calls....

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom