I think we should do some pre-spray comparisons

Bob Foster

Fred I am glad everyone is questioning about how they use their pre-spray and wondering about dilutions and results.

The intention of comparisons of popular pre-sprays is so the rank and file of regular carpet cleaners can dispel the confusion between what are really truly superior products from popularity contests.

timnelson

I am all for the side-by-side testing of presprays. Having said that, there is a reason this type of thing is done primarily in a lab setting. Reproducibility. Take just one variable: Application of the prespray to the carpet. Spraying freehand, how could you possibly get the amount right? Is "pretty close" really where you're aiming? And if you don't have ALL of the variables like this accounted for, publishing test results that negatively impact any manufacturer could have serious consequences. Again, I support the theory of side-by-side testing, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Greenie

timnelson said:
... publishing test results that negatively impact any manufacturer could have serious consequences.

Exactly the reason you will never likely see a "report", all you can do is a comparison of brand A,B,C and let the chips fall where they may.

As I read over this I see a mild slant towards Prochem, let's make this clear, this thread is not about slamming Prochem, they are the standard all others are judged by in my book, Prochem has some fine chemical formulations, evidenced by a long term loyal following, so I'd like to take a moment to remove this focus towards Prochem's stuff.
Cleaners will always use what works for them, and all cleaners have a different opinion on what is important in a prespray.

Name
Jesse
I've tested lots of products lots of ways. My experience with Ultrapac and the 02 is that they work differently but provide similar results if used in a specific way.

The 02 cleans better than the ultrapac as it begins to dry. The ultrapac cleans better than O2 when there is little or no dwell. Both products are of high quality, but if you clean in a occupied public area with Ultrapac you'll notice a good % of the people who walk by cough and clear their throat.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Bob Foster said:
So what pre-spray do you guys want to see tested?

Stain Resist safe:
O2 system-Judson, Ultrapac/Granslam-PC/JD, Axiom-PC, Anti Allergy Prespray-MB, Planet Guard JD, Something from CTI

Nuclear:
O2 system w/Mod, Powerburst, Grease Eraser, Enz-All, Something from CTI, Powermaxx (both cobbs and the other stuff)

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
There is no doubt that dwell and agitation will clean better. But the side by sides can be done with out agitation. Agitating will make every single one of those cleaners clean better. So just keep it consistent.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I would add Masterblends Soapfree to the list, I need something that is stain resist safe & can be used on natural fibers.

Greenie

Actually I'm gonna go against the crowd on the agitation, on some chems it only helps distribute the chemistry more uniformly, making it more effective, on the O2 there is something there, maybe it's the Borate?
I don't know, but there is sheer magic when the O2 is agitated, you can actually see something going on from the friction and the chemistry, I think THISis the critical factor that keeps the O2 loyalist coming back for case after case. So if you haven't scrubbed it in, try it and tell me if I'm wrong.

Les, can you comment, or is it just perception? Not to put you on the spot, but am I the only one who hears this from end users?

I could scrub Chem-Spec Pre-Clean all day, didn't change how well it worked, but that was a different animal to be fair, no enzymes in O2 (which is probably a good thing).

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
anything with agitation is improved greenie, even plain water, though the other components and surfactants in formulated cleaning solutions will help the water to perform better.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Let me take a moment to agree with GreenBean. (It happens so seldom that I have to jump on it when I can) In fact, I seldom run across a prespray that doesn't work well. If you can get your hands on a name brand product locally, you'd be crazy to buy long distance ... from Less, or anybody. Heck, I'd even buy from Lora's husband if he was next door.

The one single thing that keeps me drawn to O2 is it's flexibility for use in so many different situations. (And the fact that there is nobody local to buy from.)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Out Of Character said:
I've tested lots of products lots of ways. My experience with Ultrapac and the 02 is that they work differently but provide similar results if used in a specific way.

The 02 cleans better than the ultrapac as it begins to dry. The ultrapac cleans better than O2 when there is little or no dwell. Both products are of high quality, but if you clean in a occupied public area with Ultrapac you'll notice a good % of the people who walk by cough and clear their throat.

Anyone remember Ramsey Products?
They had a prespray that was neutral pH, cleaned like a hot darn, safe on everything.
BUT the dang stuff would stick in the back of your throat when you breathed in the odour and almost gag you!! Last time I used it was when my custy was almost gagging. He never did call back and I got it really clean! Goes to show, if your custys don't like the smell, they may not call back.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Out Of Character said:
but if you clean in a occupied public area with Ultrapac you'll notice a good % of the people who walk by cough and clear their throat.

actually I have never witnessed that at all, instead I get comments on how great it smells, some of you guys need to tuffen up a bit, good lord. try sticken your head in a pump sprayer that had some of cobbs powdered reducing agent in it, then we can talk about coughing and cleaning your throat.

A product that performs well unagitated will perform that much better when it is agitated

Mikey P

Administrator
are you really stupid enough to get your nose near any Sodium Bi Sulfate (reducing agent) Steve?

As if Cobb's smells worse them Prochems or Chemspecs...

Stick to picking on Shawn York or one of the other stinky Mormons from your area,

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Goes to show, if your custys don't like the smell, they may not call back.

So true. So , if a pre-spray cleans great and smells like shit I don't want it. Smell factor needs to be accounted for but it's subjective.

Albert

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
are you really stupid enough to get your nose near any Sodium Bi Sulfate (reducing agent) Steve?

not intentionally :lol: however a few months back I needed to use one of my small hand pump sprayers, you know the little green ones bitchpoint sells, anyway it had been some time since I used this sprayer so not remembering what was in it, I took the lid off and like a dumbass took a big sniff to see what was in it, I can still remember the cloud of fumes coming out of it, holy crap, it just about sent me on the ground, it hit my lungs like a sledgehammer, for a brief moment I genuinely thought I was going to die, my lungs hurt for the rest of the day.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:
Anyone remember Ramsey Products?

I do.
I loved Steamette and used to use it.
Pleasant fragrance and good cleaning emulsifier.

if I remember right, I used it as an upl pre-spray too

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
steve g said:
[quote="Mikey P":3ki0j59v]are you really stupid enough to get your nose near any Sodium Bi Sulfate (reducing agent) Steve?

not intentionally :lol: however a few months back I needed to use one of my small hand pump sprayers, you know the little green ones bitchpoint sells, anyway it had been some time since I used this sprayer so not remembering what was in it, I took the lid off and like a dumbass took a big sniff to see what was in it, I can still remember the cloud of fumes coming out of it, holy crap, it just about sent me on the ground, it hit my lungs like a sledgehammer, for a brief moment I genuinely thought I was going to die, my lungs hurt for the rest of the day.[/quote:3ki0j59v]

"I've done that, man.": Chong to Cheech

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You gotta be kidding about Ramsey's Steamette crap.

The stuff was made for walkbehind extractors and was of a anionic surfactant which says it sucked.

But as you say it did smell good.............but didn't clean worth a shit.

Medium to light soil- JJ02, First step, Matrix grand slam,2112

nasties- Powerburst,Grease Eraser,Enzyme prespray from CSN and a cup of purple power for no scrub needed.

Rinse- O2,Ultra rinse

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom