I thought I lost my eye today

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
This morning I was already in a mood as I prepared my 200 foot hose run to clean a 1 bedroom apartment and 4 more jobs on the day’s schedule. As I was setting up there was a little old lady walking on the sidewalk. She stopped at the side of my van and was looking at it. I went to the back of my van and murmured to myself, "Please don’t ask me how much to clean your carpet, Just keep walking”. Thats when it happened.

As I reached up to un-bungie my wand from its home against my hose real, it immediately fell onto my face. The end of the wand, the pipe part where the hose attaches, swung down and got me right in the eye. I immediately fell to the ground and started yelling very bad words at the top of my lungs. I could hear the old lady quickly scurry off.

I thought I had blood gushing out of my face and maybe had split my right eyeball in half. As my system slowly rebooted and I was able to take inventory of my faculties, I realized I had been very lucky with only a minor bruise to my cheek and ego. That cookie cutter end of the wand could have done some serious damage.

243D96C2-E355-40DD-94A1-B3CB342D00AD.jpeg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This morning I was already in a mood as I prepared my 200 foot hose run to clean a 1 bedroom apartment and 4 more jobs on the day’s schedule. As I was setting up there was a little old lady walking on the sidewalk. She stopped at the side of my van and was looking at it. I went to the back of my van and murmured to myself,”Please don’t ask me how much to clean your carpet, Just keep walking”. Thats when it happened.

As I reached up to un-bungie my wand from its home against my hose real, it immediately fell onto my face. The end of the wand, the pipe part where the hose attaches, swung down and got me right in the eye. I immediately fell to the ground and started yelling very bad words at the top of my lungs. I could hear the old lady quickly scurry off.

I thought I had blood gushing out of my face and maybe had split my right eyeball in half. As my system slowly rebooted and I was able to take inventory of my faculties, I realized I had been very lucky with only a minor bruise to my cheek and ego. That cookie cutter end of the wand could have done some serious damage.

View attachment 115959
She was probably a witch, upset that your hoses blocked the sidewalk. She put a hex on you.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
As I was setting up there was a little old lady walking on the sidewalk. She stopped at the side of my van and was looking at it. I went to the back of my van and murmured to myself,”Please don’t ask me how much to clean your carpet, Just keep walking”. Thats when it happened.

First, I'm glad you weren't seriously injured.

Now:

Consider your state of mind prior to the accident. Perhaps had you turned around, given that lovely little lady your best Tom Cruise (after his teeth were fixed) smile, and bid her a pleasant "Good Morning!" how differently this might have turned out.

Perhaps she would have annoyed you with a comment on pricing, but maybe she was on her way to or from a sad occasion, and you might have been the bright spot in her day.

And after all of that, whistling a happy tune (something with banjo in the backround in your mind), you would have been more careful with the wand.

Karma Damon, karma. "With each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future".

That, or Ron Marriot was right, and she put a curse on you.....:eekk::lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Once I hired a newby.....so what's the very 1st thing he does..... he puts the hose up to his eye muttering about "what goes in here "......I knocked it away jus a nano second before it sucked his eyeball
Into the waste tank..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Once I hired a newby.....so what's the very 1st thing he does..... he puts the hose up to his eye muttering about "what goes in here "......I knocked it away jus a nano second before it sucked his eyeball
Into the waste tank..

When the heat, pressure, vacuum, and carbon monoxide gas produced by our equipment intersects with the lack of judgment and/or training among cleaners, it amazes me that we don't have more injuries and deaths than we already do.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ohh an I sucked up a chipmunk that snuck in an open door....the lady was freaking out about the chipmunk so after chasing it around for a half hour
.... ..I aimed and threw the hose.....
Perfect shot!
Turnt out to be a "breed".....half chipmunk an half squirrel @Fred

I DID race out to the tank but he was already belly up!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SamIam and Johnny
Name
Nate W.
That one made me cringe!!

I was cleaning carpet on 1 of the Japanese coast guard cutter Myoko while docked here in Oahu.. They were looking over our portable equipment and impressed with the suction.. One of the top officer’s in-charge came down they were talking amongst themselves..

The machine was on and I wait for them to look in my direction.. I make a fist over the hose and make like it’s sucking my eyeball.. They freak out running over to me (about 10 seconds). As soon as they got to me, I moved the hose away from my face with a big smile saying Gotcha!

We all had a good laugh and that seemed to break the ice with them.. They gave me a towel with the name and cartoon of the ship on it.. Drinks, snacks, high fives from other sailors.. I was maybe 15yo at the time..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Turnt out to be a "breed".....half chipmunk an half squirrel

:headscratch:

speaking of Red Squirrels , I saw a Coyote in a res neighborhood run across the road yesterday.
If you've ever seen one in reel-life, Bawb, they have an unmistakable (from a dog) trot

I believe I found a pic of your half breed chipmunk

1655331518896.png

..L.T.A.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Niteyez sells a rubber wrapped wire.
Much safer then bungees.
Come in varieties of sizes..
Sorry about the eye hit.
God bless.
Regards...
Walmart has them generically also.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Into the waste tank..
I laid a guy up against a wall for doing something similar.
He was vacuuming sweat off his brow.
That was the day I thought "Maybe employees aren't for me"

Reactions: Nomad74

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I laid a guy up against a wall for doing something similar.
He was vacuuming sweat off his brow.
That was the day I thought "Maybe employees aren't for me"
My old helper did that sweat drying vacuum, and sucked his hearing aid up.

That was an expensive mistake for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom